IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wheel Spacers... . Long Term Effects, Concerns, Warranty Issues???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 03:04 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
All the rest of your personal comments, don't interest me. I don't feel the need to respond
mmm..mmmm...
Dont you mean youre out of excuses?

I am not a Financial major, I said I was an Industrial Systems and Financial major, we optimize things, anything from industrial assembly lines to financial data for companies- look it up on google, ISE (industrial systems engineering). I was an Mechanical Aerospace major, but I switched cuz doing advance integrals all day bores me.

We are the bridge between engineering and consumers, I have taken courses from almost every single major of engineering. Right now I am leading a project where we are making a system where the car will read road signs and react for the driver accordingly, something that requires an understanding of many fields of engineering, including mechanical.

Since you're so good at it, please quote my first response to this thread and see what I said. I gave my personal experience, which is more than what you can ever offer to this thread other than your non sense. Next time you try to quote someone and use their point, at least know what they are talking about.

Again read my other response, I have put almost 20k+ miles on spacers find someone else who has as much experience with them driving on them day to day. And where are your facts? Not from the same place you take craps I hope, and before you say they are lobu, I beg you to first know what he is saying first before you worship it like its your religion
Old 04-03-09, 04:06 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

And you have so much credibility? Riighttttt.

Quoting people in text blocks makes you knowledgeable in spacers? You make me laugh lol.

And so I have no credibility now? Oh no, I am just like you now, I guess I can make retarded post without having to worry about my reputations anymore lol

Oh yeah, way to skip my quiz I gave you Why are you always bashing people for skipping the info you bring up and completely skip mine? Why are you such a hypocrite? Oh thats right, you have no credibility, just like me, therefore I shouldn't expect anything useful from you huh?
Old 04-03-09, 09:23 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn MeowCat a quick search shows you bash and desrespect others on this forum. I thought it was maybe just mikez but it isnn't. Why do you do that?

S to the K will you please define what you meant by "long term" are you talking 1year
5 years,10 years........
Old 04-03-09, 11:54 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

^ I think we are looking at 5-10 years.
Old 04-04-09, 07:27 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meowCat
mikez, you are running the circles. You aren't getting anywhere. Why would I have to have credibility when I'm the one looking for information from a reputable source to see if applying wheel spacers is a good thing to do or not. And that I found the valid info from others I am correcting you. You definitely sound insecure, I mean you have absolutely no self-confidence. Look at all your posts here.. like an 8-year old kid.. It's full of defensive posts and personal attacks. I can see something is bothering you a lot. :-)

This is a complete baby talk. It's like I'm talking to a baby.

It too late now. Since you lost total credibility and now considered a troll I might as treat you accordingly. It's now pointless for me to post anymore because I don't want to put myself into your level. The links I've provided in this thread has valuable information. You are young right now. Hopefully someday you will learn. I feel sorry for you man.

Um you still havent answer my quiz

Butt hurt much now that you finally cant make a good come back? Good job you big baby

Originally Posted by rs/ss
Damn MeowCat a quick search shows you bash and desrespect others on this forum. I thought it was maybe just mikez but it isnn't. Why do you do that?
Its just his attitude, when he speaks he doesn't really care for his choice of words.

Last edited by mikez; 04-04-09 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-04-09, 02:02 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For real?? What happened to this thread? Some of ya'll have been busy.

Returning to the topic at hand, I probably will pass on the spacers. I don't want to take any chances. Also, I don't plan on keeping my car long and so the mods I do to it, I realize I want to be able to unload the vehicle with minimal hassle.
Old 04-04-09, 02:04 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rs/ss

S to the K will you please define what you meant by "long term" are you talking 1year
5 years,10 years........

I meant more like a couple years. The length I plan on keeping my car.
Old 04-04-09, 09:49 PM
SwooshICE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol meowcat is all you do source info from lobuxracer
u must be a big fan of him lool
Old 04-04-09, 11:48 PM
dantze
Driver School Candidate

Mmmmm you both have too much time in your hands... Arguing over stupid stuff.

Anyway, I personally think using a spacer would have a side effect on the durability of other immediate parts affected (spring / shockers / bearings etc)

But... I personally change car every 3-5 years anyway.... so I will still use a spacer because it looks cool. The pros outweight the cons.

Having said that I would not go crazy with 25 / 30mm spacers. maybe 10mm - 15mm
Old 04-05-09, 07:03 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

I usually keep cars for 10+ years (integra, owned for 13 years and currently own a 91 mr2 turbo since 91) I was thinking of getting 15mm front, 20mm in back, but it doesn't look like a good idea for me I guess. I really don't want to buy new rims as I like my stock ones.
Old 04-05-09, 08:22 PM
bullet1
Driver

Wow, arguing on the internet.... fun!! How is this thread still open??

Anyway, Spacers may put a little extra stress on your bearings/suspension, but people do a lot worse to cars than that. Drag racing, doing burnouts, etc will do much more damage to your car in the long run than some wheel spacers. Especially since most of the spacers available for the 2IS are hub-centric. That helps lessen the amount of stress put on the suspension parts.
Old 04-05-09, 11:43 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

snoooooooooooooooore.
Old 04-06-09, 07:44 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
snoooooooooooooooore.
Agreed, might be something useful in here despite all the garbage.

Note: Some wheel warranties are voided when spacers are used.
Old 04-07-09, 07:00 PM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

meow cat, i get what your saying. not adding fuel to the fire, but im really curious. how is using wheels with low offsets less harmful using spacers on stocks?
Old 08-25-09, 05:52 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

i want 5 mins of my life back.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers... . Long Term Effects, Concerns, Warranty Issues???