Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nitto Invo's nuff said,
you'll enjoy them then you're done
Old 04-07-09, 08:29 AM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imho re760 best bang for the buck since you leased it.
Old 04-10-09, 11:17 PM
cmdace18
Driver

ive decided to go with the re760s.

i am having them put on tomorrow and will report back with how they handle.

thanks for all of the feedback here guys!
Old 04-11-09, 06:13 AM
maxnix
Driver

Cool Pay To Play

Originally Posted by cmdace18
WOW! Those are expensive; Just the tires w/o shipping and installation is over $1k. I should have mentioned that I really don't want to spend over $800 for 4 tires......
The PS2 are one of if not the best tire ever. In tires, you get for what you pay.

Tires determine performance more than any other component on a car with a fully functioning as new suspension and brakes. They are the only part in contact with the road. Cheap out here, and all else is lost.

Depends if you are just happy rolling, then billiard ball hard ones will work at low speeds and loads. If you want superior wet, dry and, braking, steering and handling performance, then you will have to pay. All the best technology is in the top tier manufacturer's top performance tire. Every other one is a compromise is some respect. Especially the ones euphemistically marketed as "all season" which means "compromised summer tire and not very good snow tire." Secondary and tertiary tier tire producers don't do the research nor can they manufacture to the top tier standards.

Paying an extra $400 to stay out of someone's trunk on a panic stop is cheaper than being there.

When I stop at the light I always scare myself by noticing the no name 3rd world rubber most people use on their beaters, even if they are Lexus, MB, BMW. Why bother?
Old 04-11-09, 06:44 AM
cmdace18
Driver

Originally Posted by maxnix
The PS2 are one of if not the best tire ever. In tires, you get for what you pay.

Tires determine performance more than any other component on a car with a fully functioning as new suspension and brakes. They are the only part in contact with the road. Cheap out here, and all else is lost.

Depends if you are just happy rolling, then billiard ball hard ones will work at low speeds and loads. If you want superior wet, dry and, braking, steering and handling performance, then you will have to pay. All the best technology is in the top tier manufacturer's top performance tire. Every other one is a compromise is some respect. Especially the ones euphemistically marketed as "all season" which means "compromised summer tire and not very good snow tire." Secondary and tertiary tier tire producers don't do the research nor can they manufacture to the top tier standards.

Paying an extra $400 to stay out of someone's trunk on a panic stop is cheaper than being there.

When I stop at the light I always scare myself by noticing the no name 3rd world rubber most people use on their beaters, even if they are Lexus, MB, BMW. Why bother?

great information, thank you. would you consider the bridgestone re760 sports to be a secondary tire? i mean, i've never paid over $800 for 4 tires and i've owned 3 lexus, 2 bmw, and a mercedes. i always do my research and my braking has never been compromised. i've never experienced the "rolling" you speak of both on the OEM stock tires with all of my new vehicles to the F1 GS-D3's that I've used. I mean $190 to $200 a tire for a high performance summer sports tire I would think would be able to do its job and save my life if needed.

Last edited by cmdace18; 04-11-09 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-11-09, 08:36 AM
VTLexus
Driver

how much are you guys finding/paying for the re760s? are you getting them at tirerack?
Old 04-11-09, 09:05 AM
cmdace18
Driver

Originally Posted by VTLexus
how much are you guys finding/paying for the re760s? are you getting them at tirerack?
I am not getting them through tirerack.

The price from Tirerack for all 4 is $630 + $50 shipping = $680. You'd have to tack on about $80-$100 for installation, taxes etc, so it would be $780ish from Tirerack. Keep in mind that the back 2 tires are on backorder for at least another week.

So, I called up my local tire place, and they have them in stock. They are putting all 4 on my car, balanced, out the door for $800. I figure if I waited to save $20-30 it wasnt worth it. The tires I have on now are shot - bald in some areas. Not worth my safety. Plus I am giving my local shop some business. They also threw in nitrogen air since I've always been there and they do my wife's car as well.

PLUS bridgestone is offering a $50 debit card if you purchase all 4 tires; nice little perk.

They are being put on as I type this.
Old 04-11-09, 09:07 AM
VTLexus
Driver

I have 13k miles on my car right now. what mileage are most people replacing tires at?
Old 04-11-09, 09:11 AM
cmdace18
Driver

Originally Posted by VTLexus
I have 13k miles on my car right now. what mileage are most people replacing tires at?

I have about 22k and I am a very aggressive driver; take turns hard, hard stop, quick start .... I can't see anyone going through tires quicker than I have if youre just a normal driver aggressive driver.

Unless you peel out every single minute of the day, the OEM stocks should last to 20k minimum - and some normal drivers probably get 30 to 40k. Not me!
Old 04-11-09, 09:11 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Toyo T1r. I will never get any other set of tires until they stop making these. they are (to me) the best balance between comfort, performance, road noise, etc. the best of all worlds.

a friend of mine with a C55 AMG tried the yokohama S drive and the advan sport he loves the S drive.
Old 04-11-09, 10:10 AM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

i'm at 26K miles right now. I got 4 nitto invo for about 600 something dollars. They're nice and super smooth quiet.

Performance wise these are the same as my brother's PS2. In dry and wet condition they stick like glue to the road. Sidewalls are a little soft tho. However, you can put more psi in and it helps the sidewall according to those guys that track with invos.

One thing is that I don't know how many miles I can get out of these bad boys but another 20K or so miles would be great!!!!

Last edited by Akatsuki; 04-11-09 at 10:14 AM.