Can't decide between G37 or IS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 03:52 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by See-Fu
wow, u really like the infiniti nav over the lexus nav? I probably shold have and will def make a note to play w/ the nav systems on both cars the next time i go in for another test drive.
Most definitely. Here are some of the features my G37 nav has that our ’06 IS does not have:

• Real time traffic alerts (through XM that was not available on the IS. This includes colored lines (red, yellow, or green) to describe traffic flow, accident details, and detours. It tells me where a accident traffic jam starts and where it ends, and on which direction of the road or freeway.
• A voice recognition system that works quite well. I can actually put in destinations faster via voice while moving than going the nav hack route, much favored on CL.
• Bar graphs that display mpg for the last ten fill ups.
• A cool graph that shows the 3 or 4 satellite positions active to my car, along with a read-out the car's latitude, longitude and height above sea level.
• A “bird” view of the terrain, as well as the traditional map view from above.
• The voice can say street names.

There may be more, but I can’t think of them now.
Old 04-06-09, 04:19 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone has made good points...
but the bottom line infinity isnt even the same class as a lexus...
this is what i believe the 3 tiers are like....

1 - MB,LEXUS,BMW

2 - AUDI

3 - ACURA,INFINITY,NISSAN

lexus wins in every aspec over the g... well maybe a few little extra things the g's navi has...either way... LEXUS>infinity

Last edited by L-S-D; 04-06-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-06-09, 04:46 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L-S-D

1 - MB,LEXUS,BMW

2 - AUDI

lexus wins in every aspec over the g... well maybe a few little extra things the g's navi has...either way... LEXUS>infinity
BTW, it’s spelled Infiniti, no y. We’re a bit sensitive to that over on the Infiniti forums. However, there is a company called Infinity that sells audio components.
Old 04-06-09, 04:50 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1 - MB,LEXUS,BMW

2 - AUDI

So did you make up these 3 tiers out your a$$?

Before classifying cars into your imaginary tiers, maybe you should learn to spell their names; Inifiniti is spelled with an i at the end. I also love how you classified Nissan with Infiniti and Acura, pure genious.

Here's my 2 cents on the subject. The G37 is a sports cars wrapped with a 4 door body and a luxury interior. The IS350 is a luxury car that pretends to be a sports car but isolates the driver too much and doesn't even offer MT as an option.
Old 04-06-09, 04:52 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

this is imo no need to get all angry and have sand in ur vagina

and typo ... infiniti********
Old 04-06-09, 05:05 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

this is imo no need to get all angry and have sand in ur vagina

and typo ... infiniti********
Typos is one of many issue with your posts; how about writing complete English sentences with correct letter casing and punctuation for starters. I guess your "Hooked on Phonics" CD got lost in the mail.
Old 04-06-09, 05:06 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

I have to agree with you, the IS is a boring STOCK car. BUT with intake, exhaust, lowering springs, sway bar, 19 inch wheels. ITS SOO MUCH FUN.
and Ill take it over a coupe.
Old 04-06-09, 05:09 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Typos is one of many issue with your posts; how about writing complete English sentences with correct letter casing and punctuation for starters. I guess your "Hooked on Phonics" CD got lost in the mail.
come on man, you sound like a BMW owner.
Old 04-06-09, 07:37 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

lol!!... look at this cun.t since when did this become a thread about spelling? thats all u have to say to my response cus u have nothing else.. get a life u loser and move outta ur moms basment

this is about everyones views on the G37 and the IS
and that was mine if u cant handle it then you dont need to say nething at all.
maybe ur so angry cus u know i am right

LEXUS>INFINITY
Old 04-06-09, 07:59 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

lol!!... look at this cun.t since when did this become a thread about spelling? thats all u have to say to my response cus u have nothing else.. get a life u loser and move outta ur moms basment

this is about everyones views on the G37 and the IS
and that was mine if u cant handle it then you dont need to say nething at all.
maybe ur so angry cus u know i am right

LEXUS>INFINITY
With a name like LSD and and a banned Avatar picture you must be the ultimate eThug . I won't get into a verbal war with illiterates like you; I think living in Canada is punishment enough for you.
Old 04-06-09, 08:06 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

^LOL and ur name suits u madmax? angry much?
leave ur moms basement get some friends, get a life besides lurking forums and correcting ppls grammar
ethug? laff....
and for my avatar i uploaded a pic of me good enough for you?

and to the op

gl with whatever you decide to go with.. both great cars jus depends what your looking for... ive owned a G35 before and all i can say is im very glad i got my is350

Last edited by L-S-D; 04-06-09 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-06-09, 08:23 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan
Most definitely. Here are some of the features my G37 nav has that our ’06 IS does not have:

• Real time traffic alerts (through XM that was not available on the IS. This includes colored lines (red, yellow, or green) to describe traffic flow, accident details, and detours. It tells me where a accident traffic jam starts and where it ends, and on which direction of the road or freeway.
• A voice recognition system that works quite well. I can actually put in destinations faster via voice while moving than going the nav hack route, much favored on CL.
• Bar graphs that display mpg for the last ten fill ups.
• A cool graph that shows the 3 or 4 satellite positions active to my car, along with a read-out the car's latitude, longitude and height above sea level.
• A “bird” view of the terrain, as well as the traditional map view from above.
• The voice can say street names.

There may be more, but I can’t think of them now.

The Lexus IS nav is straight outta 1998.

If buying an IS, save your $2500, get a vastly better Garmin for $300. (or spend $2000 instead of $2500 and get a vastly better in-dash nav unit if you just can't stand the idea of something sitting on your dash).

The infiniti nav is cheaper and much better... it still lacks a couple bell/whistle features compared to todays high end aftermarket systems, but it's much much closer, close enough that I'd pick it over doing an in-dash aftermarket.

All that said, I still prefer the IS overall (obviously, since I bought one), but I went out of my way to avoid paying for the antique nav system Lexus offers in it.
Old 04-06-09, 08:46 PM
YooNiBaLL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is going to get closed because of the insensitive comments you immature people are making towards each other. no need to say all that in someone else's thread. it does no good for either you guys or the OP. please grow up...
Old 04-06-09, 08:47 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kurtz

The Lexus IS nav is straight outta 1998.

If buying an IS, save your $2500, get a vastly better Garmin for $300. (or spend $2000 instead of $2500 and get a vastly better in-dash nav unit if you just can't stand the idea of something sitting on your dash).

The infiniti nav is cheaper and much better... it still lacks a couple bell/whistle features compared to todays high end aftermarket systems, but it's much much closer, close enough that I'd pick it over doing an in-dash aftermarket.

All that said, I still prefer the IS overall (obviously, since I bought one), but I went out of my way to avoid paying for the antique nav system Lexus offers in it.
One advantage of the Lexus Navigation is its higher resolution and more vibrant colors compared to the one in the Infiniti. But usability wise, the Infiniti navigation is superior.
Old 04-06-09, 10:04 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Before you start correcting everyone's spelling and grammar, you might want to start with your own.
Before classifying cars into your imaginary tiers, maybe you should learn to spell their names; Inifiniti is spelled with an i at the end. I also love how you classified Nissan with Infiniti and Acura, pure genious.
The word you were trying to spell is genius.
The plural form of the word issue is issues.
With a name like LSD and and a banned Avatar picture you must be the ultimate eThug . I won't get into a verbal war with illiterates like you; I think living in Canada is punishment enough for you.
Unless you're yelling at your computer, verbal arguments are spoken. This would qualify as a written argument.

Please, no more off-topic posts. There's been something in the water in this forum lately, lots of arguing. Please, let's remember the sense of community we've worked so hard to build in the 2IS forum over the last few years.

Javier

Quick Reply: Can't decide between G37 or IS350