IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Can't decide between G37 or IS350

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 10:17 PM
moses0324
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go test drive them both...People have different tendencies towards both cars...i.e. many people tend not to like the infiniti interior. its all matter of opinion and preference.

1 - MB,LEXUS,BMW

2 - AUDI

3 - ACURA,INFINITY,NISSAN
I almost agree with this...I would have it

1. MB, LEXUS, BMW, AUDI
2. ACURA, INFINITI

Acura and Infiniti are simply lower level cars due to the fact they do not compete in the supercar area or high luxury area...

i.e. M3, IS-F, AMG, RS4
i.e. A8, LS, S550, 7 Series

Sure Acura makes an RL and Infiniti produce the M but the fact is they dont make a +100k dollar vehicle nor do they produce super cars makes them lower tier OVERALL...
Old 04-06-09, 10:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moses0324
I say go test drive them both...People have different tendencies towards both cars...i.e. many people tend not to like the infiniti interior. its all matter of opinion and preference.

I almost agree with this...I would have it

1. MB, LEXUS, BMW, AUDI
2. ACURA, INFINITI

Acura and Infiniti are simply lower level cars due to the fact they do not compete in the supercar area or high luxury area...

i.e. M3, IS-F, AMG, RS4
i.e. A8, LS, S550, 7 Series

Sure Acura makes an RL and Infiniti produce the M but the fact is they dont make a +100k dollar vehicle nor do they produce super cars makes them lower tier OVERALL...
I agree, Acura is not a real luxury brand.

Infinity is more of a sports car brand - except for the M which is a very nice and quiet car.

But as a whole...

Lexus > BMW > MB > Audi > --- insert big gap here -- infinity > acura
Old 04-06-09, 10:56 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
One advantage of the Lexus Navigation is its higher resolution and more vibrant colors compared to the one in the Infiniti. But usability wise, the Infiniti navigation is superior.
To be fair, I have to agree with you on this one. The IS nav has a better look and street names are easier to read.
Old 04-06-09, 10:56 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Before you start correcting everyone's spelling and grammar, you might want to start with your own.The word you were trying to spell is genius.
The plural form of the word issue is issues.
Unless you're yelling at your computer, verbal arguments are spoken. This would qualify as a written argument.

Please, no more off-topic posts. There's been something in the water in this forum lately, lots of arguing. Please, let's remember the sense of community we've worked so hard to build in the 2IS forum over the last few years.

Javier
Lmaooooo Owned!
Old 04-06-09, 11:00 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Over all rating I highly doubt the Lexus will be on top of the list.

I would say
1. MB 2. BMW 3. Audi 4. Lexus

Lexus just don't have any car to compete with the super car. AMG/Black series, M series, aud R,S,etc

Bottom line, if you want a Lexus. Don't expect there will be engine mods for it. The car has been out for 4 years yet no one came up with a solution to our engine. The supercharger is useless and still gets slaughter by a reflashed 335i. For the G series that's a whole different story. I have seen a boosted G35. They are insane!
Old 04-06-09, 11:32 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Over all rating I highly doubt the Lexus will be on top of the list.

I would say
1. MB 2. BMW 3. Audi 4. Lexus

Lexus just don't have any car to compete with the super car. AMG/Black series, M series, aud R,S,etc

Bottom line, if you want a Lexus. Don't expect there will be engine mods for it. The car has been out for 4 years yet no one came up with a solution to our engine. The supercharger is useless and still gets slaughter by a reflashed 335i. For the G series that's a whole different story. I have seen a boosted G35. They are insane!
I think other cars are better than lexus in certain categories... but as a whole ( from reliability .... nice interior .... owner experience ... fun to drive .... etc) , lexus is on top in my opinion.

I have had several people say to me that they rather drive my IS250 than a 330i any day.

also... a funny thing i noticed.. i test drove a 2003 330ci... and it felt a lot more sluggish than my IS250... even though its supposed to have 214 lb-ft torque compared to the IS250's 185...
Old 04-06-09, 11:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Still not sure if the OP was referring to the coupe or 4-door. There's a big difference there.
My opinion is the IS is more luxury and the G is more sport. It depends where you put your priorities. I personally like IS' styling inside and out over the G. That is what tipped me in the most.
Old 04-07-09, 12:07 AM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

i had my is350 and had the option to have a direct trade in for a used g37 fully loaded 6mt 2 dr. I drove it and the exhaust sounded nice and the gearbox was great..but what i didnt like was...

1) guage cluster(red.blue, etc...almost all brands are using that..lexus is clean white)
2) nav system (seemed cheap and hard to read on the g37. lexus was easy to read and i love tell it "i am hungry" makes me lol all the time
3) When i shut the door on the g37 it sounded cheap. When i shut the door on the is350 it sounded solid
4) is350 was faster....not by much, but it was
5) if i really wanted a 2dr i would have gone with the g37..actually an A5 cuz speed isnt that big of a factor to me...
6) handling..g37 felt sportier..but after a f sport sway installment is350 ftw wow huge difference!
7) biggest difference..when i was first shoppin for a 4dr..the g35 sedans interior vs isx50 interior...lexus felt rich and solid where the infiniti interior feels like another nissan interior...even though lexus IS toyota..they set themselves apart with their line up inside and out..my car does NOT feel like a toyota..trust me i have had 3 toyotas in our household, now we have an rx and my is but that g35 felt like the 350z i was i sitting in or even my friends murano.

Last edited by All4sho350; 04-07-09 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-07-09, 12:25 AM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you javy.

and yeah i agree with everyone elses comments...over all if everything is compared.. the lexus is way more supirior than the infiniti ... this is a 4door sedan compared to a 2 door car made with the intent to be sporty... and ours is even faster altho not by much, and our interior and body is also nicer too... so ive said it before lexus ftw....
Old 04-07-09, 12:53 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

damn...very very hard choice...
Old 04-07-09, 07:26 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

i got the IS because i care about brand image, the infiniti is not even there with lexus, lexus is the same level as MB and BMW, so forget G37 if you care about brand image.if you want performance? you can get a genesis coupe v6for much less money.
Old 04-07-09, 07:43 AM
See-Fu
Driver School Candidate

I don't really care much about brand image. What I'm comparing is the driver feel/performance of the G37 coupe to the IS 350 refinement. I want a car that can serve multiple roles. A daiy driver and a few track sessions a year.

How does the transmission of the IS350 hold up on a race track if anyone has tracked their IS350 yet?
Old 04-07-09, 07:53 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

In my opinion both cars are great. Unlike others here on the board I just don’t see Lexus on the same level as BMW and MB. Lexus make nice cars but nothing to make me say wow. Well maybe the LS460 on occassions. I say go test drive both vehicles and let us know your opinion again. Both cars look good in cocaine white.
Old 04-07-09, 08:38 AM
See-Fu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rogers2
In my opinion both cars are great. Unlike others here on the board I just don’t see Lexus on the same level as BMW and MB. Lexus make nice cars but nothing to make me say wow. Well maybe the LS460 on occassions. I say go test drive both vehicles and let us know your opinion again. Both cars look good in cocaine white.
white on black. HAWT
Old 04-07-09, 12:29 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by see-fu
White on black. Hawt
:d<---------

Quick Reply: Can't decide between G37 or IS350