IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got totally road raged against yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-09, 09:19 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what was he driving?
Old 04-11-09, 09:46 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of A ho drivers out there... I have never been to CA but living in FL for 5 years... Man this has to be worst of worst drivers out of everywhere else I've lived...
Old 04-11-09, 09:53 AM
Tmirk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stokdgs
Did you cut the guy off when you pulled into the lane he was already in at the beginning? Did you pull into his lane going way slower than he was, so he had to hit his brakes?
DanF
I did pull into his lane slower than he was going but only because that was the speed his lane was traveling. My lane was coming to a stop, his lane was moving a bit quicker... maybe 20mph. There was a large amount of distance between him and the car I moved in behind, when I initiated my move over. So I moved over, and was immediately behind the car I pulled in behind. After I was completely in the lane, I looked up into my mirror to see the guy coming at me hard.

The guy was driving an F150, with a dirt bike and a bunch of other stuff in the back of his truck. He also was driving recklessly earlier on in the day when we were on the same freeway. He passed me about 35 minutes earlier, while he was weaving in and out of traffic. Maybe he recognized my car as a car he passed earlier, and was upset he picked the wrong lanes and that someone caught up to him? I really don't know what set the guy off. Maybe he was an alcoholic and just needed to get to the desert to drink?

Looking back I definitely should have called CHP, and gotten a plate number. This thing lasted longer than it felt. Now that I really have thought about it, it lasted a good 5-7 miles. The way it was spaced though, I really thought it was over after the 2nd time he cut me off. I was following well behind him (still in traffic mind you) for a good 1-2 minutes before he moved back over, and wanted to do the maddog thing.

I'm sure he loved drinking with his trashy friends that night spouting off about some yuppy IS driver thinking he was cool, so he's bragging about how I backed down, and he put me in my place. lol.
Old 04-11-09, 09:59 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nabbun
911 helps . . . some ppl be crazy.

get down his license plate and call it in.

keep those psycho's off the road
Exactly

I can't believe that somebody didn't say this before. Call 911 and report him. Period.
Old 04-11-09, 12:55 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

This is why I carry a baseball bat in my car to make sure these stupid morons don't try anything. I hit my horn at this moron who cut me off and he got out of the car so I pulled out the bat. He ran straight into his car...He was lucky I had a girl with me otherwise I would've definetely taken it to his face.
Old 04-11-09, 01:12 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

i really hate stupid drivers... down here we have those hooligan wannabees driving impalas with 24" rims and all that stupid sht.. its pretty annoying.. funny when their "baby momma" breaks neck at the car or me tho haha
Old 04-11-09, 04:00 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
i really hate stupid drivers... down here we have those hooligan wannabees driving impalas with 24" rims and all that stupid sht.. its pretty annoying.. funny when their "baby momma" breaks neck at the car or me tho haha
lol, up in washington we've got prius rage
Old 04-11-09, 04:55 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chums
lol, up in washington we've got prius rage
I hate Prius. I have yet to come across one that wasn't being driven by a blithering idiot. 50 mph in the left lane? 50 mph in the carpool lane? These are Prius trademarks. Hypermiling and holding up traffic all at the same time.
Old 04-11-09, 05:58 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vboy418
I have never been to CA but living in FL for 5 years... Man this has to be worst of worst drivers out of everywhere else I've lived...
I second that!!!
Old 04-11-09, 09:32 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Smile

Here in Florida we have conceal weapons permit with right to shoot if you are in fear for your life. Keeps people more civilize. In Florida is not so much the angry Lexus owner but the slow clueless snowbirds.
Old 04-11-09, 09:39 PM
Motil10108
Driver

the 10 steps mentioned earlier...hahah awesome! honestly, that plan just made my day
Old 04-11-09, 10:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

wont mess with those guys as you'll never know what they have...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGGNNHKT01.DTL
Old 04-12-09, 02:40 AM
VF84
Pole Position

i once had a weird situation on a merge.. got off work and was headed onto southbound 101 near that san mateo entrance, i forget, like broadway or something. freeway onramp, i'm getting onto the freeway, and traffic jam.. so obviously, it's a simple merge, no one's going anywhere fast and a simple u go i go and guy after u go.. etc. 1 (freeway car) + 1 (merge car) + 1 (freeway car)... right?

anyway, i was lined up nicely/patiently like the rest of the folks, the guy in front (already on the freeway) of me switches into the next lane just as i about 1/3 of the way into the lane. so now it "appears" to be a 1 + 2 + 1. the next guy behind on the freeway then proceeds to gun it, make obscene jestures, screaming, undoubtly swearing his head off. nearly swipes the side of my car. i was not happy either.. but oh well.. not worth crashing my car into his pos junk buick.. i just looked at him confused and then ignored him as he shoots away. later as traffic clears up, i drive past his car and he starts screaming his head off again when he sees me. then throttles it again and moves ahead into my lane. i'm like??? later man.. and drove away from him.

it was surreal..
Old 04-12-09, 03:47 AM
Weezy$Baby
Driver

uhh, maybe you should learn not to use your windshield wipers when there is a car behind you. And if you want the problem to go away maybe you shouldn't laugh at them.

All im trying to say is it takes 2 people to cause a problem.
Old 04-12-09, 06:52 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

This ALWAYS happens to me on my motorcycle, im sure most bike riders on this forum will agree with me. PEOPLE ARE DICKS. If i had a dollar for every time some douche bag in a mustang GT and or a honda civic starts taunting me on the street or the freeway, i would of long ago bought an IS-F haha.

Remember their license plate number, call the police, he won't feel like a such a 'bad ***' anymore

Quick Reply: I got totally road raged against yesterday.