IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New or Used IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-09, 12:52 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pay'd 42 OTD a year ago.... for my is350 sgm NAV/ML/DVD/X-Pac....
Old 04-12-09, 05:22 PM
Moredeeb77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy mine
http://www.carsonlinefree.com/search...hicleID=122201
Old 04-12-09, 05:47 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Moredeeb77
You didn't read my posted. That's not what Im looking for but Thanks!
Old 04-12-09, 06:40 PM
pharrside
Driver School Candidate

Yea I was in dallas the end of march and we had to decide between a white with 24k loaded at parkplace or the red one we bought at sewell. Honestly I loved my car we bought but I really liked the service at park place more than sewell. Like I said they are kind of shiesty with their whole "no haggle" carmax approach to used car buying. I was fed up with Sewell untill their service dept picked up their slack. I wanted some scratches buffed out and some paint chips fixed that werent fixed when my wife picked up the car. I took it into the service dept and they fixed it for free even after I bought the car and they had no obligation to do so. Plus I had my decision of rentals. Finally if i could do it all over again I would have NOT BROUGHT MY WIFE!!!!! She got sooo gaga over that car it was impossible to get something out of them. My suggestion (since Sewell are abunch of pompus aholes) is get your wife to look at a 250 with the options you like somewhere else then you go in impartial because they milk the person.
Old 04-12-09, 06:46 PM
pharrside
Driver School Candidate

OHH and I really love my IS but unfortunately it is second rate to its competitors. You can get a G for cheaper and it outperforms every aspec of the IS EXCEPT the IS is more "posh" (aka better for a woman with its Coach leather and woodgrain trim). Heck you cna get a 2k8 TL-S that is WAYYY more manly looking (but FWD). Not to mention the BS auto only with "tiptronic" (thanks to Toyota being lazy and not developing clutch that can handle more than 250 horses). Seriously, Look around before you make a decision and look at Sewell Infinity. Sorry all I know this isnt very Club Lexusesk, but just stating the facts
Old 04-12-09, 08:45 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Good luck, luxury IS 350's are super hard to find right now, especially in Texas. I bet the dealership won't let it go too cheap because they know what they can get for it.
Old 04-13-09, 09:28 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

I got a deal for 14k total drive out but only the problem is the interior is all black which is I can't take it..The IS interior is so small already plus when summer it's gonna be hot with all black inside.......I found another place they got the color option that i wanted but 13k maybe very hard to deal..If they are not okay with 13k then I just wait until the end of the month to give them another the shot. ............... Just Prem,Hid,Nav,18in . If they okay 15k for luxury Nav,18in then I'll do it. Is 15k drive out for Lux,Nav,18in,ML is alright to pay? ((((( I dont like TL the car is too big and I dont like the design)))))))))))))))))

Last edited by EthanV; 04-14-09 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 10:48 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
$40k OTD for an IS350 is pretty good.

But you can get an IS-F for $50k OTD if you look hard enough...
^^ Brand New "F"?? Really where???

Someone BUY my 08' IS350 Sport Pkg, ML, Nav & PA... ASAP!!!

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-14-09 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 07:07 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

I got so upset today. I was trying so hard to negotiated with this guy in Oklahoma city. I called him yesterday n asked if he has the New350 with light gray or ecru interior with the options that I wanted. He said he got one and will negotiate the price with me today. We talked and everything turn out fine will settle for 13.5k trade drive out..After I told him to give me a quote with the listed of the car's ext/int,options... and the price for the total drive out for me. He told me to give him a fax number ..I gave him the number, but 5 minutes later he called me he said the car was sold yesterday..I was so mad.. I called his manager after that and his manager just talking like nonsense he stating that the car is there for customer to buy so I guess I'm not a customer or what.. He said the only color he got now is the White Pearl with completed black interior which is I can't take it( I wonder if the white pearl with light interior ever present at their dealer or the salesman just made it up).....I live in texas so it get very hot over here in the summer thats why I can't get the black interior..... Let go back to the salemans before the negotiate price he always asked me when I can make it to his dealer..and after turn out that he said the car is sold yesterday. I think he tried to lie so he can get me to his dealer but found out that he can't anymore cause I asked him for some type of paper work..What do you guys think! I'm so disappointed now... Everywhere I look nobody have white pearl with light gray or cashmere(ecru) interior with options..........I got all my money ready but I can't do it..I'm so mad right now...Feeling like I never can upgrade to the IS350.

Last edited by EthanV; 04-14-09 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 06:27 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Brand New "F"?? Really where???

Someone BUY my 08' IS350 Sport Pkg, ML, Nav & PA... ASAP!!!
You can find a used one at Parkplace plano for 43,900
Old 04-15-09, 07:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
You can find a used one at Parkplace plano for 43,900
Yes, many used ones here in SoCal too...
But honestly they were beat up.. or at least the ones I saw were...
(Interior and exterior looked like it had 40K miles, and it only had 5K miles..)
Old 04-15-09, 09:17 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

I regret not getting ML and DVD.
with the difference between the two you can do SOO many mods to the 08. if you get the 2008 used one you will have $5300 bucks to spare. thats they way i look at it
wheels, springs, tint, intake, exhaust, etc
Old 04-15-09, 02:10 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by juice14
I regret not getting ML and DVD.
with the difference between the two you can do SOO many mods to the 08. if you get the 2008 used one you will have $5300 bucks to spare. thats they way i look at it
wheels, springs, tint, intake, exhaust, etc
IF I can ever find one..I'll wait around.. Too much head ache already. Actually today I took my wife around I saw a used car dealer.. They got a IS350 in white........2007 Prem.. hell yeah.......... Got 26,600 miles asking for 31k... I test drove it. the The engine is so lound I can tell the suspension and steering wheel had been stress. Dashboard and the rear mirror have a lot of rattle..I wonder what will happened to 2IS when we drive for 3,4 years. Hope our car won't have that rattle. I took the car to test drove for 2 miles...floor it all the wait but dont feel any good not fast like I used to test drive one at dealer..Went back to the dealer.....opened the hood..engine is very dirty the oil is all around.I opened the engine's cover got my hands all oil. The car also has the exaust . After all,saleman said he can take it to dealer 2 hrs away to fix the rattle noise for me. On the document that taped on the windshield it said NO WARRANTY?SALE AS IT.... but he told me it's still factory warranty........He asked me to trade my car.. I just said I'm looking one for my sister......After all I just said thanks and left.....I might call him later and said 50% off.........Man, inside the car like a trash,leather very bad looking 60k miles,a lot of scratches outside the car too. He could have detail it or something....... He also asked me if I wanna trade.......Should have ask him if I have to pay for him or he gonna pay for me. Anways just something crazy wanna share.. I feel better since last month I got a deal from sewell in fortworth for $6,500 total trade drive out for 2008 350 with Nav,Hid,18in,Prem 24,500 miles ..the car has been tires,brake replaced I guess it had been abused too I wasn't happy about the miles so I canceled it.

Last edited by EthanV; 04-15-09 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 02:19 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
$40k OTD for an IS350 is pretty good.

But you can get an IS-F for $50k OTD if you look hard enough...
Excellent point Phillip. Lexus of Orland by my area in the Chicagoland will make a deal on one of their IS-F's to move cars.
Old 04-15-09, 02:24 PM
Hoop
Driver School Candidate

"Trade in is always the way to go (tax break) but you may have to get like a carmax quote to help with negotiations. Good luck and you wont be sorry about the 350 (cet for using navigation)"

What tax break would that be? Please explain.

Quick Reply: New or Used IS350?