IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

★★★★★ Official Vossen Owners Thread ★★★★★

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 05:36 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

actually this person with a is250c i guess works at wachovia. saw it again today with a closer look. had color car matched ummm outter trim of the wheel? accents? idk. they needa drop it lol
Old 01-12-10, 05:54 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
What happened to that beloved ISS relationship you and good ol' Janoy ?

Back to an upright company like Vossen?
That's quite an irrelevant question, for the sake of keeping this thread from getting locked... next time you have any Curious George questions shoot me a PM

Not sure what the 2nd part means, I retail many wheel brands... you should know that since you emailed me a few months ago back and fourth about some wheel offsets and specs before you went and bought your 360 set from Janoy

I market / promote what I retail and plan to retail.

Next in line for my car is another set of Vossen Wheels, then some Strasse Forged wheels and some Breed Wheels Atom 8's perhaps... all with in a few months

Now back to the original topic. VOSSEN WHEEL OWNER'S and their cars!

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
actually this person with a is250c i guess works at wachovia. saw it again today with a closer look. had color car matched ummm outter trim of the wheel? accents? idk. they needa drop it lol
Try to get some cell phone pics I want to see it... I might do an IS-C with some new Vossen 19's soon
Old 01-12-10, 06:06 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
That's quite an irrelevant question, for the sake of keeping this thread from getting locked... next time you have any Curious George questions shoot me a PM

Not sure what the 2nd part means, I retail many wheel brands... you should know that since you emailed me a few months ago back and fourth about some wheel offsets and specs before you went and bought your 360 set from Janoy

I market / promote what I retail and plan to retail.

Next in line for my car is another set of Vossen Wheels, then some Strasse Forged wheels and some Breed Wheels Atom 8's perhaps... all with in a few months

Now back to the original topic. VOSSEN WHEEL OWNER'S and their cars!

Try to get some cell phone pics I want to see it... I might do an IS-C with some new Vossen 19's soon

ah, no worries. Janoy's your boy so I'll say no more, no in this thread at least.
Old 01-12-10, 06:41 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
ah, no worries. Janoy's your boy so I'll say no more, no in this thread at least.
you have a PM sir
Old 01-21-10, 09:46 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

VVS082 and VVS083 in 19x8.5 and 19x10 now in stock!!!!!!
Old 01-21-10, 09:50 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Sneak Peak::::: Fist IS-F on Vossen CONCAVE VVS-CV1 - WOW!!!!

Just finished this shoot few hours ago... here is a little teaser Full shoot coming soon!

Old 01-21-10, 09:56 PM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

VVS082 and VVS083 in 19x8.5 and 19x10 now in stock!!!!
Old 01-22-10, 08:24 PM
chriso_86
Rookie

So for someone that doesn't know a lot about rims please explain to me the difference between the mono block and 3 piece forged wheels? Which one is better and why? Is there generally a large price difference between such rims? Thank you!
Old 01-24-10, 09:37 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

That IS-F is sick, I just saw it on your flickr
Old 01-24-10, 10:04 AM
DasNutz
Driver

That IS-F looks sick with those wheels.
Old 01-24-10, 10:48 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chriso_86
So for someone that doesn't know a lot about rims please explain to me the difference between the mono block and 3 piece forged wheels? Which one is better and why? Is there generally a large price difference between such rims? Thank you!
The prefix mono means one. Add mono-to-block and it should be obvious this is a one piece wheel. If it's cast it's going to be melted metal poured into a mold. If it's forged it's going to be a block of metal grinded, cut and shaped into the design of choice.
The term 3 pice wheel is just what it says, a wheel made of 3 seperate pieces bolted and/or welded together. Many wheels are 3 pieces of forged material bolted together. Some are a combination of forged and casted pieces. Rarely would all 3 pieces be cast metal. That would be really heavy.

As for which is better? Many guys around here talk like snobs and view negatively anyone who puts a wheel on a Lexus that isn't forged. Forged are very high cost wheels and are usually lighter than cast. However, many cast wheels are only a couple of pounds heavier than forged meaning there is no real advantage or disadvantage with the weight issue.
Some people say forged is stronger but all wheels bend and/or break if hit hard enough.
The real reason most of us prefer mutlpiece wheels is that look. They look really good.
If someone really is looking for superior quality, it would be a 1 piece forged wheel.

Vossen came along with a 1 piece (monoblock) cast wheel that looks just like a multi-piece wheel. You lose nothing from that look we desire. They are very good qulity wheels and only their heaviness an issue. Since none of us are racing our cars, that weight issue is negligible. Vossen also makes forged wheels for those who prefer those.

I have a 1 piece cast wheel on my wife's car and it looks very nice imo.
I have 3 piece forged on my car and I must admit there is nothing like that look. It's like this, do you want a nice looking girl or the finest chick in the neighborhood. Sometimes the nice looking girl is the better mate but the hot chick doesn't cook, doesn't give you as much loving and is too prissy but we want her anyway. It's the same with the 3 piece forged wheels. They require much more care and even when they get it they still need to be refurbished after a year or 2.

Last edited by Ice350; 01-24-10 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-25-10, 09:19 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RFFG
That IS-F is sick, I just saw it on your flickr
Originally Posted by DasNutz
That IS-F looks sick with those wheels.
Thanks for the great comments guys!!
Old 02-21-10, 10:58 PM
creemail
Driver

Does the Vossen VVS083 come in gunmetal finish?

Cree
Old 02-22-10, 10:03 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any more pictures of VVS-CV1?
Old 02-22-10, 10:21 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by creemail
Does the Vossen VVS083 come in gunmetal finish?

Cree
not as a standard finish. But we offer custom paint and can do any color you like.

Quick Reply: ★★★★★ Official Vossen Owners Thread ★★★★★