I had an intersting drive home...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-09, 11:18 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL
you got your flame suits on Andrew?? LOL
most people here don't like hearing racing stories unless you do it legally at the TRACK
and most people don't race cuz they all know our cars are slow (especially 250 lol)
anyways,,be safe out there buddy~~!!!
Old 04-25-09, 11:26 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
You stories don't add up.

First, there is no way you can dust 328i simply with just a intake and exhaust. 328i run 0-60 in 6.4 seconds. 1/4 at 14.6. Most likely you have been racing 325i. Since they are practically just as fast as the is250. The 325i does 0-60 in 7.5 exactly the same as the is250.

A boosted TC only runs 14.3. Similiar to the 328i.
http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-tC-Timeslip-8440.html
Maybe you should try it & live it before you throw numbers and specs out.
I never said "dust" walking to me is slowly getting ahead, and if me racing a 328i that was officially with badges and paperwork a 328i and slowly walking it gave me the victory then there simple as that. A quarter mile says only so much, on a roll is a different story and so is past quarter mile speeds

Just because an IS250 does so slow on the 1/4 doesn't mean it can't build up torque high end, numbers don't mean anything unless you get on the seat and prove you can pull them off, it's like explaining why one IS350 on the same 1/4 mile track got 13.5 with stock tires and another one 13.0 with the same thing, obviously someone gets the jump and or knows what they're doing right

Also try explaining how I've been able to dust stock AT IS300's.

Last edited by XhyDra; 04-25-09 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-25-09, 12:07 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIA IS250
Thanks for sharing your story.......but street racing is not exactly something to be proud of!!
Originally Posted by Evitzee
Street racing is dumb to begin with, but if you go in with the attitude that it's all about 'guts' you are headed for trouble. Take it to the track if you want to play around with other cars.
Originally Posted by four o two
WTF is this "guts" talk? Real racing is done at the track, 1/4 mile. Whoever trees, gets the hook, and drives their car is the winner. Not the person who takes the biggest risks on the street.
i dont like to street race. think its too dangerous. but sometimes i get that urge...
and as what kenny said below, i should just keep these stories to myself
i was just kinda excited that i could keep up.

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
LOL
you got your flame suits on Andrew?? LOL
most people here don't like hearing racing stories unless you do it legally at the TRACK
and most people don't race cuz they all know our cars are slow (especially 250 lol)
anyways,,be safe out there buddy~~!!!
HAHHAA
that would have been good to know. :P i'll keep that in mind the next time i have stories. HAHAH
but i dont like to street race, as mentioned above.
Old 04-25-09, 01:04 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Street racing and wreckless driving is why my insurance is so high. May I send you my bill?
Old 04-25-09, 01:12 PM
wilwilB
Driver

yaya keep it to the track as they're saying =P but i know sometimes u get that urge when some jackass in a bmw trying to start a race wit u xd
im kinda surprise to hear this too. i always slow down when i see anything greater than 325 cus i never thought a 250 cud keep up w/ em.
Old 04-25-09, 01:37 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Who cares you still won!! And maybe you have a wenesday motor...
Old 04-25-09, 03:52 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by KrapWerdna
i dont like to street race. think its too dangerous. but sometimes i get that urge...
and as what kenny said below, i should just keep these stories to myself
i was just kinda excited that i could keep up.
Originally Posted by wilwilB
yaya keep it to the track as they're saying =P but i know sometimes u get that urge when some jackass in a bmw trying to start a race wit u xd
as adults, you guys can't exercise self control? do you guys need babysitters when you guys get into your cars?

that "urge" can also cause a lot of bad things to happen: citations, fines, impounds, accidents, and even death. you don't want to end up on the wrong side of possibilities because of an "urge".
Old 04-25-09, 05:05 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Im down to street race when theres no one out at like 3 in the morning on a weekday in an industrial area if you make sure no one is there but thats about it
Old 04-25-09, 08:32 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
obStreetracingisstupidanddangerous

Anyway, that out of the way, prior to the 335i (and M models) BMW 3 series cars were pretty slow, so I'm not surprised the 250 can keep up with one.

VW I've -yet- to see make a fast car :P
I believe that the R32s were pretty damn quick. But it all depends what you mean by a fast car.
Old 04-25-09, 08:35 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its nice to know that an is250 can keep up with a 328. But i still doubt it, unless if the guy on the 328 or girl was short shifting. And Andrew, you shouldnt post these type of stories here, because some of the members here are just too mature. And im almost positive they never sped or street raced before.
Old 04-25-09, 08:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
Its nice to know that an is250 can keep up with a 328. But i still doubt it, unless if the guy on the 328 or girl was short shifting. And Andrew, you shouldnt post these type of stories here, because some of the members here are just too mature. And im almost positive they never sped or street raced before.

and some 2is owners are too young and immature to understand the difference between speeding and "street racing", let alone the consequences when something goes wrong.
Old 04-25-09, 08:56 PM
Doco21
Rookie

To start off, since College, I've been involved with the SCCA and believe in taking it to the track. However, I doubt even the most "extreme" of us on this forums are the "street racers" that we dislike and the ones that drives up our premiums. If they were, I'm sure we'll have a lost of posts of wrecked cars. I think these stories are fun to hear.

I do have this story to share. Usually few SCCA groups have few young racers due to the dislike of tuners and racers. A few members of one group that I visited, took it upon themselves to seek out the street racers and raced them. Those guys beat them in a weaker car but better skills, that they ended up joining that group and took it off the streets. It was pretty cool how they did that. Just my 2cents.

Last edited by Doco21; 04-25-09 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-25-09, 09:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I once did the same garbage when I was younger. You grow out of it. Why? Because you start realizing you don't give a damn about BMW drivers or what anyone else thinks about you or your life. You end up realizing there are more important things to worry about. Age and life experience does this to you. We all start out wanting to prove ourselves. But you have to go through the bad experiences to realize this and grow as a person. Now, in this process, sometimes tragedy happens. But most of the time it does not. It's a luck of the draw. In ten years, you'll look back and be thankful.
Best wishes.
Old 04-26-09, 01:31 AM
LILDANTE79
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
I believe that the R32s were pretty damn quick. But it all depends what you mean by a fast car.
yea they are i had one. stock wise the car has good hp!! but it only goes so far trying to keep up with fixed up hondas or anything else it wont keep up.. i modded it out i added a turbo by eip. vws are expensive to maintain and modd thats y i sold it..
Old 04-26-09, 01:44 AM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

should've known that i would get bagged on for this.. :P
next time, i'll share stories of my track days.

just forget i even posted this thread.

Quick Reply: I had an intersting drive home...