IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX-MODE front grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 10:38 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the LX-mode grill w/ emblem very clean looking grill.
Old 04-26-09, 01:14 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks nice. I'd prefer putting the L emblem on it. Does LX-Mode make a grille for 09 IS? Maybe not yet... Does any company even make grilles for the 09 IS right now?
Old 04-26-09, 01:53 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

ill post my pics up when i get home from work , all i can say from fake or real is if you buy from the manufacture themselves then you got the LX-mode if they are outsourcing their grill then it will be labled as a diffrent name. Can't still be called LX-mode :P due to it comming in two color. One of the reason why i was willing to pay higher for the real deal theres good vendors here in CL who got me this grill
Old 04-26-09, 05:53 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by is350jonny
Authentic LXmode only comes in 2 finishes... Chrome and Gunmetal... all the unpainted "lxmode" grills are replicas.
i hope this is not the case, becasue i bought mine from a vendor here and they had 2 options, chrome or unpainted. I got the unpainted one because chrome would be too much chrome for me. I'm pretty sure they are authentic since they are an authorized dealer for lx-mode, and a pretty well known shop.
Old 04-26-09, 06:15 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexboi250
i hope this is not the case, becasue i bought mine from a vendor here and they had 2 options, chrome or unpainted. I got the unpainted one because chrome would be too much chrome for me. I'm pretty sure they are authentic since they are an authorized dealer for lx-mode, and a pretty well known shop.

hope you didnt pay more than this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWD1V its probably the same
Old 04-26-09, 06:22 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

i paid more than that, but mine is authentic, that's a knock off.....(i hope lol)
Old 04-26-09, 06:39 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine
hope you didnt pay more than this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWD1V its probably the same
At times i wonder if i should buy that grille and make it my own ie: customize it to integrate the OEM emblem and redo the plastic so nobody can steal the emblem. Sure its a knock off but its a grille
Old 04-29-09, 12:49 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I don't know who is right, but I will say this: just because LX-Mode doesn't sell/market it as unpainted doesn't mean it's not a real LX-mode grille.

There are many items out on the market that are manufactured by one company and then packaged/labeled for another (ie- outsourcing).

Of course, I'd probably make sure I bought from a reputable CL vendor......
if LX-Mode only sell/market it as chrome or gunmetal and just because u buy from the same factory that makes them and sells unfinished.. its still NOT LX-mode.. thats like.. Linea Corsa and Rota.. both rims are manufactured at the same factory.. so does that mean.. if you buy Linea Corsa.. you're buying a Rota rim?

but...

either way... if your not about name branding and stuff.. and u can get one for cheaper than the other.. then definately go for it... the grill is a peice of plastic so just because one is authentic and the other is aftermarket.. its not gonna make any difference in performance or anything.. hahahha.. but for those label *****s (myself included) i prefer paying extra just to make sure its the "real" deal.
Old 04-29-09, 05:39 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

so i guess mine is not, since it's unpainted :S
Old 04-29-09, 05:40 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
At times i wonder if i should buy that grille and make it my own ie: customize it to integrate the OEM emblem and redo the plastic so nobody can steal the emblem. Sure its a knock off but its a grille
i'm wondering the same. That little piece of emblem holder is like 150 bucks! I'm gonna ask my bodyshop to see if they can some how get the oem one on there.
Old 04-29-09, 06:53 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

the OEM one won't fit due to the shape of the grill and the holder itself... i've got the holder... and yeah it is costly but it looks different
Old 04-29-09, 12:27 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexboi250
i'm wondering the same. That little piece of emblem holder is like 150 bucks! I'm gonna ask my bodyshop to see if they can some how get the oem one on there.
Mine came with my grill
Old 04-29-09, 12:33 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexboy: in my head, I see myself cutting the oem emblem off the oem grille and then Remounting it on the new grille making it look oem. Then do finish the plastic and repaint.

The good shop could make anything happen
Old 04-29-09, 02:40 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jns350
lot's of pic if you search.....other wise here is a pic of is350jonny on the right...damm nice grill..plus a sweet azz car to go along with it!!!
This pic looks awfully familiar... Let me know when you wanna sell your grill Jon.
Old 04-29-09, 02:41 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Originally Posted by jns350
Not forgotten...but not known for newer memebers....I always keep a fav link to this.... should be a sticky!!!!!
Originally Posted by is350jonny
^+1... that link is very helpfull for poeple searching body kits etc.... nice job rashoodz.. 2 votes for sticky.. haha
Rashoodz's legendary thread is stickied, sorta. There's a link to it in the 2IS FAQ sticky.

Quick Reply: LX-MODE front grill