IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 pricing help. New or Used? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-09, 04:07 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by funnie
Has anyone purchased an IS 350 out of state? I mean there are some decent deals out of state.

i have been communicating with the local dealers around my area and they are willing to budge anywhere from $500 - $1000 off the advertised price.

Is it crazy to think this way... but here goes ... negotiate a price via e-mail / phone for an out of state pre-owned CPO IS 350 and have it shipped? Since its CPO there is nothing to worry about the car right guys ? This is without test driving the car of course. i have already test drove the IS 350 3 times at my local dealer and I know how it drives.

Am I shooting myself in the foot here thinking of buying an auto out of state without test driving ? I know that I will have to pay for shipping, but I'm sure from the cash saved from the deal I would be able to pay for shipping.

Any thoughts of feedback ? Thanks guys.
I'd be very surprised if it's not cheaper to fly there and drive it back

Plus, it'll let you see the car in person before paying for it, and you'll get to drive it on a nice long trip to find any issues you'll want fixed under the CPO warranty.
Old 05-01-09, 07:57 AM
tmaung
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I was able to find a local dealer willing to sell me a 2008 IS 350 with sports package and ML upgrade. It has 500 miles on it though =(, but its still new in my books. It is advertised for $42k. I asked if he is willing to sell for $36k, and the counter offer was $37k from him.

What do you guys think ? Should I try and shoot for another price? Good deal, bad deal, or pass?

It's tungsten peal with black leather. Looks sweet in the pictures, but I'm sure it would be awesome in person.

Any feedback is appreciated! Quick before its gone !!!
Is this new or used in the dealer books. If is it new (people test drove it so it is 500mi now), then ask for extended warranty plus FSport upgrades (Sways, BBK, Wheels, Suspension) for 37k. You won't know until you ask.
Old 05-01-09, 10:11 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up 2010!

[QUOTE=iceache925;4471175]If you can wait it out until August or so you should be able to get a super deal on a 2009 model because the 2010 models will be arriving. At least this is what I'm hearing from my local Lexus dealership.QUOTE]

For myself, I totally forgot about August. I kept looking at 2009. I might just wait and see what 2010 has to offer for new vehicles then.
Old 05-01-09, 10:43 AM
rmorrow
Driver School Candidate

Im in the same boat, looking at pulling the trigger on a 06 350 with ML etc.. 25k miles on it for $28,500 or about $31 OTD with TTL. I have seen a couple lower than this private party but they are either sold right away or the wrong color combination for me. There are some for less with 40-50k miles on them but I like the idea of a lower mile used car. What do you guys think, I am anxious to get a lexus but willing to be patient too!

Any opinions would be greatly appriciated
Old 05-01-09, 11:52 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Howdy rmorrow. Welcome to the thread! I would buy from a private person, but the idea of not being a CPO puts the vehicle at higher risks. I am sure that you are able to really bargain with private parties, especially if they are in a hurry to get rid of the car.

I am leaning towards waiting for August to roll around, but definitely keep an eye out for that perfect IS 350 that will my requirement.

I have to agree that the dealers are really screwed. They overpaid for the used auto. That is the only excuse I am getting from my local Lexus dealers. "Due to reconditioning and maintaince costs to the vehicle, we are not able to sell the car no lower than $XXXX." It normally 500-1k off. How is it our fault they overpaid? I'm just trying to buy the car .... =)
Old 05-01-09, 12:48 PM
curtdragon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rebs
I've been told that Lexus rarely (or never) offer rebates, but I saw them do it twice this year. According to my notes it was officially called "Manufacturer to Dealer Marketing Support" in the amount of 4k. I'm having trouble finding any '08 incentives information tonight though, so you'll probably have to ask a few dealers. Just keep in mind you are in a position of strength. Those cars are sitting on the lot depreciating and if they want the same $$ for the '08 as the '09 well...that's just silly.

As far as financing. I have no idea. It's very complicated, and rates have been fluctuating a bit. I'd recommend you read myfico.com forums to find out how to maximize your credit score and get good APR offers (it's more complicated than most people realize and just paying on-time isn't maximizing your score.). Also, I'd recommend shopping around (include Toyota, but also banks and credit unions). You are probably already doing all of this, but since you (sorta) asked I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Keep in mind that you will get a better APR on a new car than a used car and that the IRS is allowing you to write off the sales tax on *new* vehicles.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...html?portlet=7

Sorry, I wasn't of more help, but hopefully this will spark some ideas on your end.
Dude thanks, I only wish I found out about this site earlier
Old 05-01-09, 03:26 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm waiting till August too then. So much Lexus dealers but no good deal here. Or I'm just plain not lucky.
Old 05-02-09, 08:23 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Wow guys, Lexus just reported a 40% decrease in sales for the first quarter of 09. I think this is good news for us who are in the market for a new IS 350. When August rolls around, there HAS to be some really nice deals in order to move the extra cars sitting around the lot. Unless from now til August Lexus sales soars up to 200% or something.
Old 05-02-09, 09:34 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Wow guys, Lexus just reported a 40% decrease in sales for the first quarter of 09. I think this is good news for us who are in the market for a new IS 350. When August rolls around, there HAS to be some really nice deals in order to move the extra cars sitting around the lot. Unless from now til August Lexus sales soars up to 200% or something.
The problem with that strategy truly is that there simply aren't that many IS350s "on the lot". If one is seeking a specific color or combination of options August may come and go without finding any deal on the car that you want. Both local Lexus dealers in my area have two IS350s on the lot currently, which is typical around here (Bay Area) for IS350 inventory this model year. I think the "wait 'em out" strategy might not work unless Lexus builds a whole bunch real soon.
Old 05-03-09, 04:07 AM
Gus738
Driver

what part of california did you see the 09 is350 for 36.6k? dealer/city since you are passing it out i want to take my chance.

Originally Posted by iceache925
You got me.. not that it changes things but I found a 2009 IS350 SGM/Black with Navi. Nope, not ML and it's lux package for 36.6k. So, that's NEW. You can find a good deal on a new 2008 if you can find one. But, I was thinking the dealerships would end up upside down on used cars soon enough. ick.

Oh, and the 2.9 % on NEW ISs I think it ended on april 30th. But the used 2.9 is still going on.

37k? what dealer and city?
Hey guys,

I was able to find a local dealer willing to sell me a 2008 IS 350 with sports package and ML upgrade. It has 500 miles on it though =(, but its still new in my books. It is advertised for $42k. I asked if he is willing to sell for $36k, and the counter offer was $37k from him.

What do you guys think ? Should I try and shoot for another price? Good deal, bad deal, or pass?

It's tungsten peal with black leather. Looks sweet in the pictures, but I'm sure it would be awesome in person.

Any feedback is appreciated! Quick before its gone !!!
Old 05-03-09, 01:37 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Hi Gus738. The car is being sold at Vista Lexus. The dealer is located in the woodland hills area. It is listed for 43k and the person that offered me the 37k is Mike Brown. He seems to be a real straight forward person. Good luck with that. Let me know how things go with you!!
Old 05-04-09, 09:32 AM
Gus738
Driver

Thank you also sure it doesnt hurt to ask but isnt it asking too much for these features?

Hi Gus738. The car is being sold at Vista Lexus. The dealer is located in the woodland hills area. It is listed for 43k and the person that offered me the 37k is Mike Brown. He seems to be a real straight forward person. Good luck with that. Let me know how things go with you!!
f sport upgrades
Originally Posted by tmaung
Is this new or used in the dealer books. If is it new (people test drove it so it is 500mi now), then ask for extended warranty plus FSport upgrades (Sways, BBK, Wheels, Suspension) for 37k. You won't know until you ask.
*** bump***

is it this one???

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by Gus738; 05-05-09 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-05-09, 07:05 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

That's the one Gus!
Old 05-12-09, 10:05 PM
Gus738
Driver

realisitcally speaking how much do you guys think this 09 is350 is worth OTD?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 05-12-09, 11:49 PM
speed_Demo
Pole Position

Damn Gus, still haven't able to find 1? What's your budget?

1k miles on that car, not even sure that's new? I was looking at a new 09' IS350, with same spec. like your, except black on black. The invoice for it was $38.4k, i asked for $37.9k, but the dealer was playing hardball, so i haven't settle on a deal yet. I probably go back near the end of the month and try again.

If that's used 09' IS350, it should be around $35k.

Buy new Gus, take advantage of tax incentive on new vehicle purchase & look for dealer with low rate offer. Roseville Lexus currently offer 2.9% @60 months until end of May if you qualify.

Last edited by speed_Demo; 05-13-09 at 12:17 AM. Reason: interest rate

Quick Reply: IS350 pricing help. New or Used? Please help