IS350 pricing help. New or Used? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 09:16 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 pricing help. New or Used? Please help

Hello Everyone!

I am new member to the Club Lexus form. I have been reading the posts and I think everyone is very helpful and this is a really nice community. I hope I can get some help or direction in my dilemma.

I have been in the market for a new car for a few months now. Initially I wanted to go with a used Acura TL type S. I started test driving the used autos ( Acura TL type S, Infinity G35 sedan, and the IS 350).

I was not even going to think about the Lexus IS 350, but my GF said I might as well since I was near the local Lexus Dealership. Having test driving the other cars, I decided what the hell, lets do it. Boy was I impressed after test driving a 2006 IS350. I knew I HAD to buy the IS350 at that point. It was THE car to get.

I am currently looking at a used Lexus IS 350 2006 with 29K miles for $30K. It is going to be $33K OTD after TTL. The car is advertised for $32k, but I was able to sweet talk the lady down to $30k. The car has the nav, ML, premium package, sports package. This is from a Lexus Dealer so its CPO with 3 year 100k miles warranty. I'm liking this particular car because of the G Spider rims =). I can also get 2.9% financing rate. Do you guys think its a good deal for this car?

I then read around the forums that it is possible to get a fully loaded 2008 IS350 for around $37k OTD. If that is case, do you guys know of where I can find such a slick deal? I am trying to locate one around the Southern California area and no luck. They are still wanting the same price as the new 09 IS 350 w/ same options. I am willing to purchase a new 08 model out of state for that price.

My question is.... New or used? or should I just wait for a promotion incentive from Lexus? Maybe I should just bite the bullet n go with the used IS 350?

Any help / feedback is greatly appreciated !
Old 04-26-09, 09:33 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts

Here is my feedback and I've gone through 4 ISs. I still have a NEW 2008 350 that I purchased on April 11th and it's got all the bells and whistle for 37k before tax etc. The original price was 49k.

My advise - contact several dealerships in your area via email. You can do this directly from your local dealer websites or via autotrader.com or edmunds.com. Just make certain that you're specific in your request for a NEW 2008 model. Doing this may limit your options with colors or navigation or ML audio etc. But you can easily get a amazing discount on an 08. You can search autotrader.com for new 2008 models in your area and find out who has any in stock via the website.

Once you send off the request wait and see who replies and what prices they offer. At this point you can then go to the other dealerships (assuming they have 08s in stock) and start your bargaining. That's the best bet on an 08.

If you can wait it out until August or so you should be able to get a super deal on a 2009 model because the 2010 models will be arriving. At least this is what I'm hearing from my local Lexus dealership.

If you decide to go used then you'll have more room to wiggle. However, I've seen used 2008 IS350 go for the same price that I paid for a NEW 2008 IS350. The dealerships should be willing to part with the 08. Good luck!

Last edited by iceache925; 04-26-09 at 09:34 PM. Reason: updating spelling.. since i suck at it.
Old 04-26-09, 09:43 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you for the helpful insight iceache925. I will follow your advice. Hopefully I will be able to get a similar deal as you or better. If not, I might be able to make it to August for the sweet deals on the 09 IS350s. Thank you again !
Old 04-26-09, 10:02 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Welcome and good luck!
Old 04-27-09, 04:33 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Also, visit Lexus.com and learn how the cars are actually optioned.

You can't get the sport package with premium package for one (nor would you want to, since 2 out of 3 premium package features are already in the sport package, and 3 out of 3 of them are in the lux package)

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html
Old 04-27-09, 08:04 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I don't think I've seen any IS350 with MSRP of 49K. Was it F-sport stuffs dealer put on or just fully loaded with all the options you can imagine? still with that it should not be 49k.

Originally Posted by iceache925
Here is my feedback and I've gone through 4 ISs. I still have a NEW 2008 350 that I purchased on April 11th and it's got all the bells and whistle for 37k before tax etc. The original price was 49k.

My advise - contact several dealerships in your area via email. You can do this directly from your local dealer websites or via autotrader.com or edmunds.com. Just make certain that you're specific in your request for a NEW 2008 model. Doing this may limit your options with colors or navigation or ML audio etc. But you can easily get a amazing discount on an 08. You can search autotrader.com for new 2008 models in your area and find out who has any in stock via the website.

Once you send off the request wait and see who replies and what prices they offer. At this point you can then go to the other dealerships (assuming they have 08s in stock) and start your bargaining. That's the best bet on an 08.

If you can wait it out until August or so you should be able to get a super deal on a 2009 model because the 2010 models will be arriving. At least this is what I'm hearing from my local Lexus dealership.

If you decide to go used then you'll have more room to wiggle. However, I've seen used 2008 IS350 go for the same price that I paid for a NEW 2008 IS350. The dealerships should be willing to part with the 08. Good luck!
Old 04-27-09, 09:32 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

I did the same thing. I bought a new 2008 IS350 and it was cheaper than most of the used ones I looked at. Not only did I get the Lexus incentive cash, but I'll also get the IRS tax credit.

My recommendation is to shop around...there are some crazy deals out there right now!
Old 04-27-09, 09:36 AM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the market too and also in socal.
Old 04-27-09, 10:22 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks to everyone who replied. Really great info. I have contacted every local Lexus dealer and they have responded back to me (via e-mail) like I'm crazy looking for a new 2008 IS 350. They are offering me the new 2009's.

Any feed back if the used CPO 2006 IS 350with 29k miles, nav with ML for $30k? Is it a good, bad, or OK deal ?
Old 04-27-09, 11:12 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by funnie
Thanks to everyone who replied. Really great info. I have contacted every local Lexus dealer and they have responded back to me (via e-mail) like I'm crazy looking for a new 2008 IS 350. They are offering me the new 2009's.

Any feed back if the used CPO 2006 IS 350with 29k miles, nav with ML for $30k? Is it a good, bad, or OK deal ?
I got a new '08 IS 350 w/Luxury + Nav + ML for just 3-4K over that, so in my humble opinion....I think it's a little high.
Old 04-27-09, 11:40 AM
iceache925
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dojoman
I don't think I've seen any IS350 with MSRP of 49K. Was it F-sport stuffs dealer put on or just fully loaded with all the options you can imagine? still with that it should not be 49k.
It came with ML Navigation, Illuminating Scuff Plates, Rear Window Visor, Memory Seats Drive/Passenger, Rain Sensing Wipers. I can't think of everything else. I had some 3M protective thing around the edges of the doors and door handles. I'll have to go back to the sticker price but I'm certain it was 49-48k MSRP. As always, I've never paid MSRP though.
Old 04-27-09, 11:50 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet deal. I was thinking about spending this upcoming weekend and drive an hour to check out the car. Now it sounds like I should shoot for a new once especially since its just 3-4k more.

Iceache925 - You must have owned the sales person to get that deal ... You must have also walked out of the dealership with the sales person's ***** in a jar ....

Thanks for everyone's help and info.

Is there a thread of all of the Lexus on going incentive and rebates offer?
Old 04-27-09, 11:55 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

I usually have mixed emotions about buying new, but with both Lexus and the IRS giving incentives to buy new (in Lexus's case just the '08's last I heard),

I think you'd have to find an amazing deal on a used car right now (and most dealerships I visited couldn't deal on the used vehicles because of what they paid for them).

I'm not sure if there's a thread of Lexus incentives, but I got my info off Edmunds.
Old 04-27-09, 01:00 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It came with ML Navigation, Illuminating Scuff Plates, Rear Window Visor, Memory Seats Drive/Passenger, Rain Sensing Wipers. I can't think of everything else. I had some 3M protective thing around the edges of the doors and door handles. I'll have to go back to the sticker price but I'm certain it was 49-48k MSRP. As always, I've never paid MSRP though.
A FULLY loaded IS350, and I mean fully like every option possible including those you never see like the pre-collision system, has an MSRP right around 48-49k.

The highest you usually see the way lexus typically builds them will be more like 45k since as I say the pre-collision system is almost never seen is is nearly 3k by itself.

Certainly a less well equipped car with a bunch of marked up F-sport items could go that high or higher though.
Old 04-27-09, 02:03 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
A FULLY loaded IS350, and I mean fully like every option possible including those you never see like the pre-collision system, has an MSRP right around 48-49k.

The highest you usually see the way lexus typically builds them will be more like 45k since as I say the pre-collision system is almost never seen is is nearly 3k by itself.

Certainly a less well equipped car with a bunch of marked up F-sport items could go that high or higher though.
I kept the window sticker with the MSRP. I'll double check it when I get home from work.

Quick Reply: IS350 pricing help. New or Used? Please help