IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is there a list of all TSIB for a 2006 IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-09, 08:43 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Assuming they do the engine rattle TSIB, will I get a free oil change?
Yep. You may also want to email the recording (video?), and see if they will accept that as proof of the issue, given the travel distance. Some members have posted videos of the problem, in case you were just recording the sound.

Also with the steering recall, will they do an alignment?
Yep. You can also call ahead to verify this as well, just to be sure.

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
So then your sayn this is all B.S..So all these different types of pads are not gonna stop the car the same...which in turn will change the distance traveled?
The tires touch the road and create the friction necessary to stop a moving vehicle. Unless the brakes have faded, they won't stop any faster...though some will certainly feel, sound, resist fade, etc. more than others.

Try threshold braking on ice, or another low-friction surface, and watch what happens. Aside from the ABS kicking in (which kinda proves the point), you'll find that your brakes stop the rotor perfectly fine...and yet your stopping distance is longer, because your tires can't find the grip/friction to slow the moving vehicles motion.

If you want to slow the vehicle faster, then you must start with the tires. Once the calipers lock the rotors, and the wheel stops moving, you're only going to slow the car so fast as your tires can afford grip.
Old 05-22-09, 10:35 AM
IndyIS
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
I just had a steering link assembly changed under recall.

its says

8613CH 9LC Replace Power Steering Link Assm For IS250/350

And now my car does not steer the same. They've aligned my car twice but above 60-70mph, the steering rack has a slight stuck feeling when making small corrections to the left. Nothing dangerous, but it feels like the magnets are sticking or something.

I'm going to put some miles on the car before I complain again.
Hey, I had the same "stuck feeling", but mine was when making left & right, and was more than slight. After the dealer kept the car for a week, and made different changes to it, they determined a bad assembly was put in during the recall. They changed and all better now...back to exact before the recall.
Old 05-25-09, 04:59 PM
Zender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Yep. You may also want to email the recording (video?), and see if they will accept that as proof of the issue, given the travel distance. Some members have posted videos of the problem, in case you were just recording the sound.
I have read through the TSIB for the engine rattle sounds and I can't find anything that says they change they oil. I am just missing it? Close to the end it just says top off the oil if it needs any.

I have synthetic oil, will there be an issue if they just mix in regular oil and dont do a full oil change?