IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Should I travel this far to trade my car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 04:32 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should I travel this far to trade my car?

I live in texas and my niece she lives in Geogria .I have to drive 1,200 miles to Geogria to get my car trade. Anyway as your know already. I got
IS250 Rwd 2007.... wanna trade for 2009 Is350 options are the same:
Nav,Hid,Prem,18in on both cars..I have been searching for months i can't find white with light color interior either brand new or old..The price is gonna be
13k for the drive out and I have to take my car back to Texas to registration and pay for tax...comes out like 13,860 total. Im not sure I have any problem when I get over there? my car right now when I negotiate with dealer is 7,800 miles but when I drive to Geogria gonna be at least 9k miles. I told them around 9,500 miles. Btway my car got a one key scratched like about 4 inches long on the driver door. I didnt tell the dealer that. Anyway it's not like you can see it. only when you look careful it's kinda little deep so I can't buff it out. I dont think it's a big deal but I told them to email me the written document so I get there they dont change it around. Plus I can take that trip to visit my niece. What do you guy think or I just wait around for one that closer to where I live. The closest to where I live is 6 hrs drive. Thanks every body!

P.S I dont feel comfortable to drive that far for all that. Im so stressing out of thinking. I wish I get a better deal.
Old 05-06-09, 04:47 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

If you don't like to drive that far.. then wait for some local dealer then...
Old 05-06-09, 05:18 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blk250
If you don't like to drive that far.. then wait for some local dealer then...
The more I wait the more my car is down on the value.Even in several months when 2010 hit the market the value of my 2007 will be less. Than I have to pay for at least 15k
Old 05-06-09, 06:41 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 09 will cost less to by then =.="
Old 05-06-09, 08:56 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

They'll knock money off for the scratch, if it's that deep.

Why didn't you tell them? Did you think they just won't notice?
Old 05-06-09, 09:15 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kalvano
They'll knock money off for the scratch, if it's that deep.

Why didn't you tell them? Did you think they just won't notice?
I had add the front air damp and got the Oem window tinted( I didnt tell dealer that I have those). If they say anything I can use it to make up..Am I too silly?...Or if they knock off the money how much would it be??? I guess I just have to do it at closer dealer in case everything dont turn out fine than I can walk away.
Old 05-07-09, 08:13 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a used car. 9 times out of 10 the dealer doesnt even care. Nowadays specially the car market they are willing to do anything to get business. I wouldn't worry much about the scratch.

If this car is the one you want go for it.
Old 05-07-09, 06:05 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No dealer is going to give you an ironclad value without inspecting the car, so a faxed copy is WORTHLESS. You should have disclosed exactly what you have so you start from a level playing field. You are trying to play games, never a good sign.
Old 05-07-09, 07:02 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EthanV
I had add the front air damp and got the Oem window tinted( I didnt tell dealer that I have those). If they say anything I can use it to make up..Am I too silly?...Or if they knock off the money how much would it be??? I guess I just have to do it at closer dealer in case everything dont turn out fine than I can walk away.
Tint is worth zero, and I have no idea what a front air damp is, but I would say a deep, 4-inch long scratch would knock anywhere from $300 - $500 off.
Old 05-07-09, 07:31 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by benzo555
its a used car. 9 times out of 10 the dealer doesnt even care. Nowadays specially the car market they are willing to do anything to get business. I wouldn't worry much about the scratch.

If this car is the one you want go for it.
My car is perfect except that cratch...Anyway it's still white paint and you can't barely tell. I think I just want to wait for closer dealer. I had spoke to several dealership they said my car is high demand right now for the preown with such that little miles. I dont think they turn me down for a little scratch but I also plan to make up something that Im gonna tell them I can't do it since my car got keyed by the door and if they can't give me the price that Im willing to pay for then I just dont do it. It's around five hundred for scratch that's fine with me. Anyway I just wait around to see if something come up closer to where I live..........I'm so stressed.
Old 05-07-09, 09:27 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

too bad you don't want SMG. My 350 is mint and just sits in the garage. I was just about to start taking off my volks and getting ready to list it. I've had it 2.5yrs and seriously just hit 20,005 miles last week. Oh yeah i am in dallas. sell yours and give me nada for mine, done.
Old 05-07-09, 09:58 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by combfilter
too bad you don't want SMG. My 350 is mint and just sits in the garage. I was just about to start taking off my volks and getting ready to list it. I've had it 2.5yrs and seriously just hit 20,005 miles last week. Oh yeah i am in dallas. sell yours and give me nada for mine, done.
The reason I try to get white because my wife she likes the color......It's so hard to find White/Light interior colors with Nav. Several dealers told me they dont make that anymore. I dont believe them but the true is I can't find one around texas at all.How come you are selling yours..Are you upgrade to a faster one. ....How funny....Im too stressed out to find a car to trade and you have one but didn't want to keep.
Old 05-08-09, 08:54 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah selling it because i never drive it. It just sits in my garage. It's just too nice of a car for me. I am more used to something a little more rough. I also have a corolla which i drive daily because it's soo good on gas. I also don't care about where i park it. When i take the lex out i have to park it 7 miles away and make sure it's not raining and all that.

Yes i am also going to get a much faster car, that is more catered to tuning and track style conditions. Also, something cheaper that I wont cry if it got door dinged.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 350. Just time for something else, less nice.

Browse my post for pics. It's nice

i will be getting rid of the volks on there too, if you get interested.
Old 05-08-09, 07:16 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

My wife won't agree with me to go to Geogria to get the car. She worries when we get there the price will be higher than I end up with a bad trip and over pay for the upgrade.I just have to wait for one comes by. Maybe I will never get to trade mine for 350...Or wait until the 2010 see if they have the color....Probably I have to pay a bunch by then. Can your guys give me some ideas...Im so depressing. I know I need to take it easy but I'm not a patient person.

Last edited by EthanV; 05-08-09 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-08-09, 07:18 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=combfilter;4505817]yeah selling it because i never drive it. It just sits in my garage.

i will be getting rid of the volks on there too, if you get interested.[/QUOTE

You should keep your car...It's very nice car. I understand your situation but getting rid of your 350 you gonna loose a lot of money.

Quick Reply: Should I travel this far to trade my car?