IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus: Drive The Future Event

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-09, 12:45 AM
k.alexxx.0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lexus: Drive The Future Event

I got an email about last week saying I was invited to test drive either The IS-C or the HS250h. I was just wondering if anyone else got the email. Oh and for those that care I chose the IS-C!
Old 05-13-09, 12:56 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is this supposed to take place?
Old 05-13-09, 11:21 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be there Sat. AM. It is being held at The Resort at Pelican Hill, Newport Coast, CA. I told them I want to drive both. They said OK. I think this will be fun.
Old 05-14-09, 06:13 PM
JaxIS250
Driver

Sounds awesome! Please give feedback on what you think of both......
I work for TMS in Jacksonville, FL - we get the ships in from Japan...and are scheduled to get the IS-C at end of the month FINALLY! My RXh lease ends in Dec, so I am ready to order an IS-C
Old 05-14-09, 07:49 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be there Sunday.

I'll post an informal review of both cars when I get a chance...
Old 05-17-09, 10:21 PM
k.alexxx.0
Driver School Candidate

Ok so I was there on Sun. The weather was ok we had an overcast, perfect day for a drive in a convertible. As we arrived we were given complimentary valet at the Pelican Resort, which is so beautiful. We signed in and they were brochures for both models unfortunately they don't go into details like what packages are available, etc. They were about 15 people there when I got there. They had 3-4 cars of each model available. The IS C was the most popular one. They had a red, , silver and black HS250h. They had a red, blue, black, gray, and silver IS C. The Black and Silver were just model cars not test drive cars respectively. While I was waiting I decided what they had as far as goods. They had coffee, tea, juices, and water. They had pastries which were very good. They also had a Haagen Daz (hope I spelled that right) ice cream machine filled with different types of ice cream bars. Also they had Granola bars and fruit. In the same room they had F Sport accessories displays with mini models of the accessories. So I go out and there is still a wait for the IS C, so I decide to just test drive the HS. I have never driven a hybrid before and this one really impressed me. The pictures don't do this car justice. Yes it looks like a corolla but it's nothing like a corolla! The leather and interior is simple but gorgeous. The remote touch is awesome, about the size of a mouse if not a little bigger. So I got in and "push" it on the car was quiet. Both the Steering wheel and the seat moved to preset settings. The shift lever is tiny! Like really tiny! U move it around to park but it goes back to the same place very nice touch. So i go on my test drive and you cannot hear or feel the engine kick in. I tested out the voice command and it works beautifully. I was able to push the car up to 70mph and it felt like i was on air. The test drive was about two miles of long streets, uphills, and downhills. Hybrids are not slow! Came back the guy that was with me asked if I had questions and I didn't. I was impressed very well job lexus. FYI apparently Lexus has been spending years on this car and you can tell.

IS C Next....

Click for bigger picture

Last edited by k.alexxx.0; 05-17-09 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 05-17-09, 10:40 PM
k.alexxx.0
Driver School Candidate

IS C...
Ok so finally I had a chance of driving the IS C. Again pictures don't do this car justice! Yes it looks different..hello it's supposed to! Better looking than the BMW convertible (MHO). They put a lil SC touch into the back but believe it makes a difference. The back of the car is sporty. With the top down the car is a beauty! With the top up you forget it's a convertible. The inside is pure Lexus. Everything screams elegance and sportiness. The back seats are comfortable my friend came along and he is 6'0 and there is more of him to love he was in the back and he was very comfortable both with the top up and down. The roof has indententions in the back just above the rear passengers. To get back there the car has buttons on the side of the car that do all the work for you. The top can be operated while under 3 mph and its fast. The only thing is that you have to hold the button down all the time. Ok so I got lucky enough to test drive the Blue IS C with the White interior car is beautiful! I turned on the car with the top already down. As I was driving wind noise is minimal just like if the windows were open. The engine is awesome. The best part was we drove on public streets. I had a BMW convertible next to me the driver kept looking to see what car was next to him perfect scenario I was pushing it to 70 he was playing catch up to see the front of the IS C! I also saw a C Class trying to catch up! LOL I pulled over to put the top up and see if there was any noise or creaking, there wasn't. Everything else inside the car besides the back seats are exactly like the IS Sedan. Only difference is that in the instrument panel you can see what's the progress when the top is being operated. Love this car. I can see many of these selling. I smell an IS F convertible in the future. Oh and trunk space is good with the top down.

Click for bigger pictures

Old 05-17-09, 10:40 PM
k.alexxx.0
Driver School Candidate

Continued...

Old 05-17-09, 11:22 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

the first HS i see, i'm rippin that rear emblem off and putting it on my shiz!
Old 05-17-09, 11:27 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't know why there is so much HS bashing going on (on club lexus in general ... not directed to you Hapaboy! lol) .... i think it looks nice
Old 05-17-09, 11:53 PM
Gus738
Driver

Is this over? i'll be in LA (long beach) around the 24th to 30th of the month. and do they offer discount coupons for a purchase towards a new is?
Old 05-18-09, 01:01 PM
k.alexxx.0
Driver School Candidate

It was just for this weekend, sorry. They don't give you a coupon either.
Old 05-18-09, 01:19 PM
bjechols
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hapaboy
the first HS i see, i'm rippin that rear emblem off and putting it on my shiz!
haha, thats awesome. me too, wanna make a midnight run to the dealership and steal a few? we could be rich... b