Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 05:56 PM
Gus738
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invoice price on 09 is350? Ca lease or buy lexus loan

Hey guys need help to in summery I need to know

invoice cost of an 09 is350 with nav

lexus loan and how it works and how would it work with my senerio?

Hey guys Fremont lexus "neil" has been exchaning emails with me until i talked with him today, He said the invoice is 38k and change (i think $38,3xx) so is he bs with me or is true? he said that plus $740 would what he would sell me the 09 is350 black on black with nav plus preimum package.

he said Roughly number with everything is $41,500 he said could be less.

He also said that a lease would be easier to buy and that it is actually less then buying????

how does a lease work?

I was always told to walk away from lease?

I plan on keeping it for 10yrs and being 1 owner for a while kwowing what i do with it.

My credit score is 702 i make atleast $9.20 hr 40, hrs and often get 1.5 (time and half) been on that job for 8 months.

only owe less then $500 on my amex with $10,900 limit i also have sears $4,000 and a bestbuy $2,000 all which have no debt except amex.

I live with my parents dont pay anything more then food electricity bill.

So the car is over the limit of what i had in mind to spend, $41,500 plus my intrest which would be? 4 grand? putting the car at $45,000 aprox?

I would really want to get a is350 before the 24th of this month so if you guys can help that would be awesome!

i live in watsonville zipcode 95076 santa cruz county (closer to san jose and sacramento)

I will be going to LA and long beach on the 24th

i want black on black

will accept white or silver dont want tan interior anything but tan.

I'm planning to go to fremont lexus tomorrow please advice the guy sounded like he said "here the invoice and i want $740 and total is $41,500 or slight less"

and i feel thats that being the internet sales you know?

Last edited by Gus738; 05-15-09 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 06:45 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 312 Likes on 271 Posts

Look up the invoice on KBB.com or Edmunds.com
Old 05-15-09, 06:46 PM
Gus738
Driver

I'm also intrested in this one

2007 is350 with Luxury Pkg Mark Levinson (which doesnt matter to me i'll upgrade at some point to aftermarket Navigation System

black on white?tan how much should i ask for OTD? what you guys think its worth?

http://www.magnussenlexus.com/VehicleDetails/394298543

and this 2008 is350 black on black with nav

http://lexusserramonte.rtrk.com/?sci...928&kw=3679504

Last edited by Gus738; 05-15-09 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-15-09, 08:16 PM
Gus738
Driver

Thanks! anymore posters? im going to stevens creek tomorrow, how much should i expect for an 2007 or 2008 under 37k miles? with atleast nav?
Old 05-15-09, 08:48 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus738
Thanks! anymore posters? im going to stevens creek tomorrow, how much should i expect for an 2007 or 2008 under 37k miles? with atleast nav?
You asked about lease v buy.

My opinion these days is to lease a car in this price range.
4yr warranty I'll get a 4yr lease. I prefer not to have a car out of warranty.
Negotiate the price as you would for a purchase.
Then discuss lease terms, miles/yr etc.
I do not believe in putting money down on a lease (all it does it decrease the monthly, you are not purchasing equity).

At the end of 4 yrs you can then move into a new vehicle.

If you purchase, at the end of 4yrs you will own and old car entering its' maintenance years. The warranty is over. A dealer will kill you on trade in, and trying to sell it on your own can be a pain to get a slightly better return.
An you are the proud owner ofa depreciating asset.
Old 05-15-09, 09:17 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are going to keep the car for 10 years the cheapest way to go, by far, is to purchase it. But I question the wisdom of you buying a $40,000 automobile when you only make about $20,000/yr. Even if you are living at home that is an expensive purchase for your income.
Old 05-15-09, 09:47 PM
phast350
Driver School Candidate

I suggest Craigslist or autotrader for a gently used IS.
Buy from a private party seller and not from the Stealer.
Your 40K depreciating asset will get u less then 30K after a year.
So, look for an '07-'08 and use the money u save on tons of mods!
Old 05-15-09, 10:05 PM
iceache925
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts

I'd say go used.
Old 05-15-09, 11:28 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

no matter how much you want it... it's even hard on you to pay upfront 40k... not to say even getting a loan.... even so.. you're at some point going to sell it again... sorry to bash the OP but you have to be in reaality.. earning approx 30k..and spending on a 40k car just does not make sense no matter how good of a deal you get.... go used and try to finance that... remember... you have to spend on living expenses and gas.... the gas prices are going to sky rocket anytime soon
Old 05-16-09, 12:06 AM
Gus738
Driver

Thanks guys for the comments my only expenses at the time would be gas ($225) cell (35 those unlmitd share plan) $50 on electricity thats pretty much it, ill pitch in everynow and then a bit for grocierys shopping.

well a lease i always thought its a bad ideal if you are going to own a car for a while, However most people use it and get rid of it, i want to keep it 10yrs. a car is always a loss.

im just concern how the bank looks at my income and says "this much is car loan this is insurance gas expense " and so on.

So if i choose a 5yr term then the payments would be around $80x ish out of my $1,400 its not so bad...

Also something you guys didnt cover how much should someone pay for an 09 is350 OTD?....

I have a screen name for aim and msn

gus738

thanks
Old 05-16-09, 01:00 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

1) Do not put so much personal info on the net... you'll be sorry one day.
2) If you want the car for ten years, buy it. Leases are only good for a few years, then you would be faced with having to buy it when the lease is done. May as well just buy it from the start.
3) From what it sounds like, you are putting all your eggs in a car basket. Don't spread yourself thin like that. You never know what your life will behold two years from now. This is especially true if you are a late teen or in your early 20's. Life changes drastically in those years, you are still growing and developing, and you might find yourself wanting to move out and be independent. Having a massive car payment will ruin most of those plans, especially at the rate you make an hour. Think all this through. I think we all get big eyes sometimes when it comes to cars. But in the end of the day, it's just four wheels and metal. Look at the big picture and image the new car love affair over within a few months after taking delivery.
5) Just my personal opinion, but I think it's wise to start off with a used car when you are at that age. The beauty behind this is it gives you INCENTIVE to work harder for better things. And it teaches you to earn things, all your things, and appreciate them more. The last thing you want to fall into is being spoiled and lazy due to the comforts of living at home. Don't get too comfortable.
6) Do a lot more online research at Edmunds.com. You should NEVER EVER take a sale's persons word for anything. Always get your own invoice pricing and know what the car costs the dealer. Know current incentives. And if you can, email several dealers and see which one will give you the lowest. Pitting dealers against each other creates competition which creates lower pricing.

Best wishes!
Old 05-16-09, 01:06 AM
Gus738
Driver

Thanks once again yeah the thing it new or used anything over 25-30k is something i had to consider hard though this is not my first time buying (started with an 06 civic si) paid it got over it dad wanted it. in any case i know not to take dealers numbers for granted,

im set on getting the car im just asking

how much should the car cost? and how much should i pay otd?

based on the "made up numbers" car is at $38,300 or 38.3xxx and he wants $740 over (at which point ill try to go Under invoice) but how much should i pay in the end with OTD?

should i just try to pay under or no more then their made up invoice numbers?
Old 05-16-09, 01:16 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus738
Thanks once again yeah the thing it new or used anything over 25-30k is something i had to consider hard though this is not my first time buying (started with an 06 civic si) paid it got over it dad wanted it. in any case i know not to take dealers numbers for granted,

im set on getting the car im just asking

how much should the car cost? and how much should i pay otd?

based on the "made up numbers" car is at $38,300 or 38.3xxx and he wants $740 over (at which point ill try to go Under invoice) but how much should i pay in the end with OTD?

should i just try to pay under or no more then their made up invoice numbers?
There's a section at Edmunds called, "Town Square." In there, you'll find a section on the IS and "recent purchases." Scan through the last few pages of what owners have been buying theirs for. You'll get an idea of how much under or over invoice people are currently paying. Also keep an eye on where these people live, as discounts vary from region to region. I did all this last year for my '08 and ended up at 750 under invoice. That was of course after emailing all SoCal dealerships and getting the best price for the model and color I wanted.
As far as what you actually pay, you need to add sales tax, license, and doc fees to whatever price you agree upon. Don't pay for undercoating, pinstripes, advertising fees, or any other BS like that. Just get the car you want at the lowest possible price. You'll be busy on the computer for a while researching and emailing, but it will pay off nicely.
Old 05-16-09, 01:33 AM
Gus738
Driver

Thanks, never found the town square thing thought. Buyers from 2008 or yet 2009 in the nortern region what are your numbers?

since you guys got it already,

is350 nav...

price of car (invoice or your car cost) and OTD including fees?

thanks everyone!
Old 05-16-09, 07:01 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I know you're set on getting the car, and that this is a waste of time, but PLEASE reconsider. You're making peanuts, and you're about to encumber yourself with significant debt for 60-72 months.

At $9.20/hour, you're taking home something like $16k a year after taxes, and you're considering purchasing a car that costs at least 2.5 times that. Just to put this into perspective, it's a bad idea to buy a HOUSE that's more than 2-3 times your annual income, and that's a 15-30 year payment plan! You will be married to this stupid car, and will not have money to do much else, much less move out of mom and dad's house.

Do yourself a favor: start putting money in savings, get a reasonable used car, and save financial stress for later in life. I wish someone had given me this advice when I was your age. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Invoice price on 09 is350? Ca lease or buy lexus loan