IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New to the is world ... Help a playa out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 09:44 AM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the is world ... Help a playa out!

Hey guys, I am newbie when it comes to the RWD IS. If you could give me some insight on cost effective yet good quality products it would be appreciated. I have gone the jdm route with all of my hondas and would like to stick with the same on the lexus.

Chicks don't dig stock!

I am thinking of just tossing the GFX kit on, rear spoilers, jdm visors, new shoes and dumping the beotch.
(pic request for this look)

Whats a good spring or coilover set up to dump the car but still delivers a good ride?

I want to go staggered, what do you recommend in order to have a good size dish in the rear?

18's or 19's?

Thanks in advance for you insight.
Old 05-20-09, 05:44 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not GFX kit !.. you can go with the Vertex kit...
Old 05-20-09, 06:25 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

hmm mines gfx all around and fab rear... lowerd on tein stechs and has a roof spoiler if u want a pic of that so u get some idea what itll look like
Old 05-20-09, 06:29 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by L-S-D
hmm mines gfx all around and fab rear... lowerd on tein stechs and has a roof spoiler if u want a pic of that so u get some idea what itll look like
I seen your car in a thread. Its really nice man. I love the whole rear setup. I have the gfx front lip. The dealership threw it in with the car, I wish I was smart enough to ask for the whole kit though

My friend said a MEGAN coilover setup is the best bang for the buck. What do you think?
Old 05-20-09, 06:40 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

mmm megan is alright.. i think maybe the tanabe sustec pro 5 is a beter bang for ur buck tho... GL with ur car man and post some pics up when ur done
Old 05-20-09, 07:59 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

welcome to CL.

although i'm currently on s-techs right now, i'd recommend megans to get the most for your money. considering the range of adjustability and number of features for their going rate, they're very good. 2is owners on megan coilovers are very happy with them.

(i've also heard through the grapevine that megans are rebadged JIC's, but i can't personally confirm that, so i could be wrong...)

also, i recommend getting the rest of your GFX kit through lexus of westminster. they're local (free pick-up), and their prices are great. and if you hold out until their next meet (some time in december), you can get the rest of the GFX kit at employee pricing.
Old 05-20-09, 08:07 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

wat u need to do is buy my works vs-xx 20s... do it big boy style..im selling these bad boys in july good enuff time for u to save up..
Old 05-20-09, 08:18 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

ypu can....... get JICs... and i kinda regret going on with Tein SS and i might just take it off and sell it.. maybe..
Old 05-20-09, 08:30 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Hey man, welcome! My opinion on suspension- I've had Eibach Prokits on my car for a little less than a year and recently bought Megan LP coilovers. I'll have them installed this Friday so I'll let you know how they are. I wanted something a little stiffer than Eibachs and slightly lower.
Old 05-20-09, 09:02 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

GFX kit is definitely a good start, and of course Megan ftw!! Finally you can buy my flat black AME cx wheels!! hahaha....
Old 05-20-09, 09:05 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
ypu can....... get JICs... and i kinda regret going on with Tein SS and i might just take it off and sell it.. maybe..
Yeah let me know man. My boy can get me them for a good price but I want to make sure they are still worth it. I want something that drops enough for me to tuck 19's but still has a good ride.
Old 05-20-09, 09:13 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

WHAT?? the tein??? i doub't you'll want it.. i have 19x9.5.... it barely tucks.. almost a full drop.... haha
Old 05-20-09, 09:47 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
WHAT?? the tein??? i doub't you'll want it.. i have 19x9.5.... it barely tucks.. almost a full drop.... haha

HAHA OOOPS, I meant to quote about the Megan setup.. Sorry I was trying to win some baby jordans on ebay at the same time
Old 05-20-09, 09:50 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by jonjon83
wat u need to do is buy my works vs-xx 20s... do it big boy style..im selling these bad boys in july good enuff time for u to save up..
haha I aint on that level yet mang! I am trying to go from stockies to 19x9, 19x10... Gotta crawl before you walk.
Old 05-20-09, 09:56 PM
D.Steezy
Rookie

Originally Posted by projectdna
welcome to CL.

although i'm currently on s-techs right now, i'd recommend megans to get the most for your money. considering the range of adjustability and number of features for their going rate, they're very good. 2is owners on megan coilovers are very happy with them.

(i've also heard through the grapevine that megans are rebadged JIC's, but i can't personally confirm that, so i could be wrong...)

also, i recommend getting the rest of your GFX kit through lexus of westminster. they're local (free pick-up), and their prices are great. and if you hold out until their next meet (some time in december), you can get the rest of the GFX kit at employee pricing.

Thanks for the input and the great heads up for dec. I heard Megans for the 2is were manufactured from the apex suspension? Who knows. My only concern about it is that in the honda world people ***** all over Megan and it is pretty much garbage. But, different car, different manufacturing specs I guess.

Quick Reply: New to the is world ... Help a playa out!