IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navtool and iPod Touch 2nd Generation problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-09, 03:42 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navtool and iPod Touch 2nd Generation problem

Hi, just wondering if anybody else is encountering this same problem I have. I have bought a Navtool from a group buy couple months back and just installed it over this weekend. I'm using a composite A/V cable bought from the Apple store to connect it to my iPod Touch 2nd Gen. The install went fine but when I tried to play a video from my iPod Touch 2nd Gen on the Nav screen, it comes out in color for a fraction of a second and then switches to black and white. I tried using my brother's iPod Touch 1st Gen and it plays in color. Both iPod's are set to NTSC. I tried switching the blue/brown wires in the back. Played my iPod Touch 2nd Gen on my room TV and it plays in color. Just wondering why the Navtool doesn't seem to like my iPod Touch 2nd Gen, and this is one of the reason why I bought it is to play videos in the car (might add a game system or DVD later). Sent a PM to CL member "Navtool" but have received no response. This unit does not work as advertised as he said I can connect anything to it using a composite A/V input. Thanks.
Old 06-08-09, 07:06 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

my iphone works fine...using an OEM Apple A/V cables connected to second input of the NAVTOOL.