Search this Thread

Old 06-10-09, 04:19 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another offer thread.

Could someone tell me what kinda opening offer to make on the following IS350s

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...2&aff=national

I was thinking to start an initial offer of 31k OTD and go up to 32 and walk after that.

The above I was thinking of making offer of 30k OTD with (with valid carfax).

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

31k initial offer, up to 32k

30k initial offer up to 31.5k

The top 2 are about 7-12 hour drive from me. The I would have to fly to get. Anyone else have any suggestions or seen any equal to any of the above near Alabama.
Out of the above do you think I could get one of the above for any of my offers or do you think they are still too low of offers? They all have basically the same features/options. All have Nav.

Thanks.

Last edited by kur1j; 06-10-09 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-10-09, 10:26 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Another thing.

If the Car inside of the factory warranty I still get that on a used car correct? (Of course the 4 years starts when it was originally purchased).

With a used car (I have never bought used only new) should I worry about getting an actual mechanic to check the car out if the carfax report is clean and the car is under factory warranty?
Old 06-11-09, 09:38 AM
kur1j
Rookie

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-11-09, 09:49 AM
uaaction
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kur1j
Another thing.

If the Car inside of the factory warranty I still get that on a used car correct? (Of course the 4 years starts when it was originally purchased).

With a used car (I have never bought used only new) should I worry about getting an actual mechanic to check the car out if the carfax report is clean and the car is under factory warranty?
if you have a good friend as a mechanic sure he can take a look but u have nothing to worry about its 2008 its still got 3 years of warranty so your fine good luck on the purchase the dealers will drop about 3k off the internet price maybe more u just need patience in the dealer Good luck does the color matter on what is350 u want..
Old 06-11-09, 01:54 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Originally Posted by uaaction
if you have a good friend as a mechanic sure he can take a look but u have nothing to worry about its 2008 its still got 3 years of warranty so your fine good luck on the purchase the dealers will drop about 3k off the internet price maybe more u just need patience in the dealer Good luck does the color matter on what is350 u want..
Not really that big of deal just one of the below.

White, White Pearl color, metallic, red, blue, Smoke color

Interior needs to be black or the gray. I will not do Tan.
Old 06-11-09, 02:03 PM
tmaung
Driver

Good luck with those prices. You will need plenty of patience. I was at a dealer the other day and they had a 2007 IS350 fully loaded with Lux package for $34k listed. Some guy was trying to get it for $30k and another person comes along and offers them 34k and took it while the guy was still there. And it wasn't even a Lexus dealership. You are looking at a couple low mileage vehicles with CPO (first one) and others from the Lexus dealership so they won't be in a hurry to make a deal.

From the pics, those don't have memory seats so I am guessing it doesn't come with Lux or Sports packge. Should be a little cheaper but not that much. You are still looking at around 33-34k otd. Unless you find someone private desperate to sell their car, you won't get that good a deal at a dealership these days. People aren't flocking to Chrysler dealerships anymore.

Last edited by tmaung; 06-11-09 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-11-09, 03:25 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmaung
Good luck with those prices. You will need plenty of patience. I was at a dealer the other day and they had a 2007 IS350 fully loaded with Lux package for $34k listed. Some guy was trying to get it for $30k and another person comes along and offers them 34k and took it while the guy was still there. And it wasn't even a Lexus dealership. You are looking at a couple low mileage vehicles with CPO (first one) and others from the Lexus dealership so they won't be in a hurry to make a deal.

From the pics, those don't have memory seats so I am guessing it doesn't come with Lux or Sports packge. Should be a little cheaper but not that much. You are still looking at around 33-34k otd. Unless you find someone private desperate to sell their car, you won't get that good a deal at a dealership these days. People aren't flocking to Chrysler dealerships anymore.
Well as they say there is always more fish in the sea. If I don't get one of the ones I listed above I will just keep waiting until I find what I want. Hopefully I will end up getting one of them though.
Old 06-11-09, 04:38 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

I Just picked up an 08' 350 for $29,400. from a toyota dealership, had it listed at $34,999.

I walked out twice and both times they brought me back with a stupid higher offer and I thought about it and walked out again.. just make sure you can buy the car that day if they meet your offer..

Smoky Granite, + Nav and Premium package. 12k miles.. this was in AZ

Good luck!
Old 06-11-09, 08:31 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Originally Posted by gocubs08
I Just picked up an 08' 350 for $29,400. from a toyota dealership, had it listed at $34,999.

I walked out twice and both times they brought me back with a stupid higher offer and I thought about it and walked out again.. just make sure you can buy the car that day if they meet your offer..

Smoky Granite, + Nav and Premium package. 12k miles.. this was in AZ

Good luck!

Wow that is really good. I would do that in a heart beat. I assume that was 29400 OTD?

I have yet to find one near me for anything close to that price. The closest one here they want 32k for a 2006 with 22k miles for the same package you got.

Forgot to ask but what time of month did they actually let you have the car for that price? Was it at the end of the month or what?
Old 06-11-09, 09:04 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

It was end of May, so just 2 weeks ago. It was $29400 + TTLD. They got the car on trade only 3 days earlier too, cuz I saw it "newly listed" on cars.com right when I was considering buying a new 09' 350.. I just tried lowbaling them, didnt even think they would come down so much, but it was worth it.. The problem you'll run into is, if you are coming out of state to buy a car, you'll have to negotiate on the phone, so call and ask to speak with the Sales manager, not the internet manager. Give them a low price but not too low and then work from there. let them call you back if needed.
Old 06-11-09, 09:28 PM
kur1j
Rookie

Originally Posted by gocubs08
It was end of May, so just 2 weeks ago. It was $29400 + TTLD. They got the car on trade only 3 days earlier too, cuz I saw it "newly listed" on cars.com right when I was considering buying a new 09' 350.. I just tried lowbaling them, didnt even think they would come down so much, but it was worth it.. The problem you'll run into is, if you are coming out of state to buy a car, you'll have to negotiate on the phone, so call and ask to speak with the Sales manager, not the internet manager. Give them a low price but not too low and then work from there. let them call you back if needed.

Thanks for the information.

I found one listed on Autotrader.com for 33,995 Nav+sport package 5060 miles. I asked him to make me an OTD offer to see what he would give me. Depending on what he comes back with, I was going to offer 30.5k cash OTD and go up to 31.5 to 32k. Seeing what you got your car for I would expect to get it for closer to 31k OTD.

Has anyone got any tips for doing this 400 miles away? Say they do agree to 31k over email. I don't want to get to the dealer and they go back on their word, just so they can try to get more money out of me. The only solution for that I know is to pay for the car up front but I also don't want to pay 31k without the car as they might have mis represented the car in some way (dent, rip in leather etc.).
Old 06-12-09, 07:16 AM
tmaung
Driver

Tell them to send you as many pictures as possible and get you the Carfax report. Also get an Autocheck report (I have unlimited at the moment for the next 70 days for a recent purchase so PM me with VIN). Make sure everything is in writing. Also tell them to make sure the car is there before you leave. And make sure it is 31k OTD in writing. That is a good price. Around this metro dc area, it would be snatched up real quick.

Then you go and take a look and drive around. Happy hunting.
Old 06-12-09, 10:48 AM
kur1j
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmaung
Tell them to send you as many pictures as possible and get you the Carfax report. Also get an Autocheck report (I have unlimited at the moment for the next 70 days for a recent purchase so PM me with VIN). Make sure everything is in writing. Also tell them to make sure the car is there before you leave. And make sure it is 31k OTD in writing. That is a good price. Around this metro dc area, it would be snatched up real quick.

Then you go and take a look and drive around. Happy hunting.

I got the carfax report and it looks clean. He also said the in service date was 02/23/2009 or something like that. Said it currently has 5162 miles.

He quoted me something like 36k OTD but offered him 31k cash we see what he says.