IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IPOD interface in IS-C ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-09, 03:37 PM
irfan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teeder27
If the USB system in the ISC works the same as it does in some other cars that I've hooked into, its a pain. I have had a rental Taurus, & Sonata that both had USB hook up's. I hooked my iPod into the usb and it read it like a hard drive. The system in the car looked at each folder and then played the music out of that folder. In both the Taurus and Sonata, it did not display song titles or anything like that, just odd coding names that iTunes names the music. I was not at all impressed by the USB systems in either car. Hopefully I was just using the wrong, but if not, I'd rather hook it up through the miniplug aux jack.
you obviously havent toyed with the G37 and CTS ipod usb intergration., they are perfectly seemless and work ridiculously well.
Old 06-28-09, 06:26 PM
teeder27
Rookie

Originally Posted by irfan
you obviously havent toyed with the G37 and CTS ipod usb intergration., they are perfectly seemless and work ridiculously well.
The G37 does not use a USB hook up for the iPod, or even have a USB port in the car period. It uses a plug that is exclusive to the iPod and the iPod only. I own an 08 G37S Coupe and listen to my iPod through the stock Bose system every day.
Old 06-28-09, 07:57 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

lucky bast@rds!
Old 06-28-09, 10:23 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha that makes me jealous too
Old 06-28-09, 10:56 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

funny, i showed javy this a few weeks back.... i like the idea.
Old 11-04-09, 09:17 AM
cadfael_te
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusscguy
Sorry I don't agreed that all hard drives are the same, there are different specs and a big difference in the way the hard drive is installed and supported. I work for Harris Corp and all our equipment is Military-Grade now I am not saying Lexus uses Military-Grade harddrives, but since GM tries to cut costs at every corner I wouldn't be surprise if they cut corners on the way the harddrive is installed verus the way Lexus installed it. Just my 2 cents.
Just ressurecting the thread because it answered a question I had before I pick up my new IS C this afternoon.

Sure hope it isn't Military-Grade because the darn thing will fail before I get it home from the dealer. I've been on enough Army computers, Humvees, Blackhawks, you name it to want anything in my personal life to be Military-grade - NO THANKS
Old 11-04-09, 09:32 AM
kdii02
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suicidesam
bastards!
Couldn't have said it better myself!! LOL
Old 11-04-09, 10:36 AM
GDBenz
Driver School Candidate

I have the USB iPod integration in my 2010 IS 250. It will show your songs, playlists, artists, etc. It displays song titles (beyond the 16 character max for the satellite radio, by the way, which I still don't understand) as well. If you go to another audio source, such as satellite, it interrupts playing and shuts down your iPod. The second you go back to the USB tab, it immediately picks up where you left off. Nice.

Where it doesn't work particularly well and is actually disappointing is in navigating through the various lists. For example, if you want to see all the artists, it has the list, 5 at a time, that you scroll through. Fair enough. But scrolling isn't particularly quick. More troublesome, though, is that it will highlight the top artist listed on a page and begin playing, even interrupting whatever other song you might be playing. If you then scroll to the next page because you don't see the artist it wants, it will highlight the artist at the top of the next page and immediately begin playing that artist instead. This sort of nonsense continues until you find the artist you want. The same thing happens when you list all the songs. I've checked to see if this was just a default setting and it could be changed but it isn't, at least according to the manual. I've found no way on the screen to change this either. One thing, though, that is pretty neat. If you put it on random play, there is a "select" button next to the song title. It will list the next several songs that are coming up in the random play.

By the way, the USB port isn't just for an iPod. You can plug a memory stick with music directly in it and it will display the various folders on the stick and allow you to navigate to the music you want.

All in all, some good things but some very disappointing things as well.
Old 01-03-10, 08:32 AM
dbetanc
Driver School Candidate

Does this interface locks the iPod? Have you tried it with an iPhone?
Old 01-03-10, 09:12 AM
GoBlue88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dbetanc
Does this interface locks the iPod? Have you tried it with an iPhone?
I use it with an iPod Touch in my 2010 IS 350. Yeah, it locks it up when using the USB interface so you can't select music directly on the iPod, you have to use the awful interface on the Nav screen.

Also all the frustrations mentioned by GDBenz in terms of selecting music are there. I hope Lexus fixes it through a firmware update soon.
Old 01-03-10, 10:57 AM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

Now we need a way to find and retrofit that onto our 06-09 !!
Old 01-03-10, 11:42 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

im so jealous.... a retrofit would be nice...