IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bye Bye Is 350, Hello 2010 Mustang Gt.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 04:16 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American transmissions sucks and their cars have terrible interiors!
Old 06-29-09, 04:17 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh yes the legendary roush supercharger.

It's amazing to hear the whine on those when they are going wot
Old 06-29-09, 04:19 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Originally Posted by four o two
Way to come off like an ignorant ****.
Don't knock him for his opinion....he's entitled to it. And not to mention, there's some validity to it. To the OP, if you wanted more muscle, I think you got it. Can't really agree with you in your first argument for making the switch because it seems like you're pointing to reliability issues and the IS outmatches the mustang in that fight. Mustangs are good cars but they also have more than their fair share of reliability and mechanical issues. I could not buy-down and purchase a Stang unless it was an older model. The newer models just look too much like good rental cars to me. Even the GT's, unless well mod'd. I can't lie though, when I hear one with an aftermarket exhaust, I get all warm and tingly inside. The IS will never do that for me. And for the poster that said the new gen stangs look better than the old ones, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion too.......but I have to let you know that your opinion is wrong
Old 06-29-09, 04:36 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dajwilson
Don't knock him for his opinion....he's entitled to it.
There's expressing your opinion - and there's what that other guy said... You can get your point accross without calling the OP's new purchase "American junk" and saying he will be "owned so bad with this crap".

Comments like that are just disrespectful and in poor taste; however, through the magical power of the internet, people grow the biggest ***** and think it's ok to be an a**hole.

Think of it this way, OP introduces his wife to someone in person and the person doesn't say anything bad. OP posts a picture of his wife online and some guy comes out and says how dog ugly she is. It's the same thing. There are certain forums where this sort of exhibited behavior is to be expected. I didn't think this was one of them.
Old 06-29-09, 04:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Correction: He only needs to put down about $6K to stomp an IS-F everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Javier
"The warranty for this ROUSHcharger is 1 year / 12,000 mile on components only."

But don't forget the cost of the replacement motor later.
Old 06-29-09, 05:03 PM
edwin907
Driver

Originally Posted by dajwilson
for the poster that said the new gen stangs look better than the old ones, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion too.......but I have to let you know that your opinion is wrong

"The nice thing about those late model Mustangs is that they really are great looking cars, maybe better than the originals" is what I said.
You're certainly entitlled to your opinion, and it's one shared by many with you for sure. A buddy has a '70 Mustang 351 Cleveland, white, very nice, a girl I work with has a new black GT, also very nice.

I like 'em both, but have never owned any Ford.
If the new Mustang is second best looking, it's a close second. And if I was going to buy and build a retro muscle car, it's be the Mustang for sure given the other choices.
Of course, I've still got the old ex-scca '71 LS-6 ''vette hot rod (6mpg), so no muscle car for me!

Old 06-29-09, 05:36 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
"The warranty for this ROUSHcharger is 1 year / 12,000 mile on components only."

But don't forget the cost of the replacement motor later.
That's about what I expect from the Lexus crowd. If we can't beat it, attack the warranty/reliability. Roush stuff is very, very, very proven. Mustang guys run these all the time without any problems whatsoever. What's the warranty on the Artisan kit? Right, there isn't one. Not to mention you get about half the performance for over twice the price.

Javier
Old 06-29-09, 05:41 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

*sigh~* i had to sell my 89 5.0 5speed LX so i could get mooncakes for lexi...
Old 06-29-09, 05:45 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

That's about what I expect from the Lexus crowd. If we can't beat it, attack the warranty/reliability. Roush stuff is very, very, very proven. Mustang guys run these all the time without any problems whatsoever. What's the warranty on the Artisan kit? Right, there isn't one. Not to mention you get about half the performance for over twice the price.

Javier
That's what I expect from the Mustang crowd. Whatever, been the Mustang route before.

And getting 700 hp from 4.6L, nobody is expecting long term durability.
Old 06-29-09, 06:01 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Congrats on the purchase!

But for me its Camaro > Challenger > Mustang
Old 06-29-09, 06:30 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
That's what I expect from the Mustang crowd. Whatever, been the Mustang route before.

And getting 700 hp from 4.6L, nobody is expecting long term durability.
So why make it an issue? Why can't we simply appreciate the fact that it's a different car, with a different purpose, in a different class? It isn't any better or worse than a Lexus, it's just different. I don't mean to come off standoffish, (and I'm not necessarily referring to you when I say this) but there are an awful lot of brand snobs in this thread.

Javier
Old 06-29-09, 06:34 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Is there any reason why you didn't choose the 2010 Camaro over the Mustang?

I might switch over to the muscle group also. Maybe if I trade in my 335 and is350 I can afford a ZR1
Old 06-29-09, 06:48 PM
edwin907
Driver

Well one thing you can be jealous of the new Mustangs is the customization. It looks good with the stripes, or retro decal/stripe schemes, where as any IS here would probably be ridiculed.
I'm going to try something a little different with my IS350, at least to differentiate it a bit more from all those 250s that are starting to show up around here. No bodywork, as I'm keeping the factory bodywork, not even a GFX lip, no stripes as I'm not into that either, but it will be different.
Old 06-29-09, 06:50 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by edwin907
Well one thing you can be jealous of the new Mustangs is the customization. It looks good with the stripes, or retro decal/stripe schemes, where as any IS here would probably be ridiculed.
I'm going to try something a little different with my IS350, at least to differentiate it a bit more from all those 250s that are starting to show up around here. No bodywork, as I'm keeping the factory bodywork, not even a GFX lip, no stripes as I'm not into that either, but it will be different.
IS350 with Mustang front end and Camaro rear end
Old 06-29-09, 06:53 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It isn't any better or worse than a Lexus, it's just different....
err sorry i didnt read this whole thread just the OP and what i wrote... so... are ppl here actually comparing the stang to the 350??? ROFL thats hilarious HAHAHA~~~

i've owned both a stang and a 350 AT THE SAME TIME and let me just say, they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT CARS, you cant beat the stang for the sheer enjoyment of a performance muscle car (best bang for the buck), on the flip side you cant beat the is350 for the sheer pleasure of driving a fast luxury gt car. Apples n Oranges folks.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Is 350, Hello 2010 Mustang Gt.