IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bye Bye Is 350, Hello 2010 Mustang Gt.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 10:37 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those attacking the Mustang and Roush performance parts claiming reliability issues need to realize they're the pot calling the kettle black. Any FI option on a Lexus ISx50 is ten-fold the ticking time-bomb than a Roush-equipped Mustang. Roush is a race-proven company, whose bread n' butter has been aftermarket performance specifically for Ford products since 1995. Go read up on Jack Roush and his company before you just go spouting off because it's a piece of American pig-iron and not your holy Japanese engine.

Again, what companies out there are offering FI for the Lexus? Tom's? Great, I bet you get great customer service dealing directly with them, right? How about a warranty? The only other company "doing research" is Artisan. Right. Okie dokie guys.

A guy in the market for a pony car like a Mustang GT would be crazy to buy an IS-F. Are you kidding? Personally, I'll pass, save $10,000 and pick up a used '06 Z06, throw some DR's and a tune on it with the money saved, and run high 10's while oh by the way absolutely outperforming the IS-F in every performance category imaginable. Oh, well... I guess save for the "carrying people in the backseat" and "making late-night grocery runs" categories.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Last edited by four o two; 06-29-09 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-30-09, 07:38 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The amount of off-topic rhetoric on this thread is amazing.

Congrats to the OP on his newly purchased Mustang.
Old 01-13-10, 10:05 AM
darrelld
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moredeeb77
Well guys today i traded in my Lexus Is 350 Luxury sport sedan (20,224 miles) for a 2010 Mustang Gt. I Got a great deal on a Kona Blue 4.6 litre V-8 315hp, 325 ft pound of torque. I had my fun with the is 350 during my 3 year tender. What surprised me was the number of issues that i had with the Lexus most of them they fixed but i couldn't get my dealer to fix the start up knock that %75 of these cars have, this was a major concern for me...and I'd even read some posts where some folks got their car fixed only for the problem to show up again 8 months later. However, deep down i was always a muscle car kinda guy having owned a few in my lifetime, and i decided to come back home.. this is my 1st ford ever always owned Mopar's and Chevy's and i must say this mustang is a solid car, with excellent ride and handling abilities. A short throw 5 speed stick and gobs of torque.. Speed wise this car is goes 0-60 in 4.9 like my Lexus but the throaty exhaust and pure thrust of the car makes it feel faster...The dealership i went to today was running a special Sunday sale the give me $24,500 for my car and took 2k of the sticker off the Mustang so we were able to reach a happy medium...i wont have any car payments, thats just how i role these days...lol. I'm looking forward to thundering down the road in my new Mustang...Happy motoring gents, this is great forum and i doubt if i will find 1 as good as this 1 for the Mustang GT but we will see!

I am actually considering doing the same thing for a 2011 Mustang GT. Ford Sync with Nav beats the Lexus navigation in all respects.

Its a different class of car but 412hp on regular fuel can't be a bad thing.

When it comes to reliability I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past and never made as many trips to the shop with problems or had the number of rattles my IS350 currently has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7luj...eature=related

Last edited by darrelld; 01-13-10 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-13-10, 10:56 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Mustang for an IS350, good luck with that!
Koz
Old 01-13-10, 12:01 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by four o two
Those attacking the Mustang and Roush performance parts claiming reliability issues need to realize they're the pot calling the kettle black. Any FI option on a Lexus ISx50 is ten-fold the ticking time-bomb than a Roush-equipped Mustang. Roush is a race-proven company, whose bread n' butter has been aftermarket performance specifically for Ford products since 1995. Go read up on Jack Roush and his company before you just go spouting off because it's a piece of American pig-iron and not your holy Japanese engine.

Again, what companies out there are offering FI for the Lexus? Tom's? Great, I bet you get great customer service dealing directly with them, right? How about a warranty? The only other company "doing research" is Artisan. Right. Okie dokie guys.

A guy in the market for a pony car like a Mustang GT would be crazy to buy an IS-F. Are you kidding? Personally, I'll pass, save $10,000 and pick up a used '06 Z06, throw some DR's and a tune on it with the money saved, and run high 10's while oh by the way absolutely outperforming the IS-F in every performance category imaginable. Oh, well... I guess save for the "carrying people in the backseat" and "making late-night grocery runs" categories.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding.
best post in this thread yet. +1.

Originally Posted by Koz
Mustang for an IS350, good luck with that!
Koz
are you referring to the OP? because he went from an is350 to a mustang...
Old 01-13-10, 12:20 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darrelld
I am actually considering doing the same thing for a 2011 Mustang GT. Ford Sync with Nav beats the Lexus navigation in all respects.

Its a different class of car but 412hp on regular fuel can't be a bad thing.

When it comes to reliability I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past and never made as many trips to the shop with problems or had the number of rattles my IS350 currently has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7luj...eature=related
all depends on your taste, preferably i would go for a camaro ss if i was to do the new gen nuscle thing. but when trying to compare a mustang and camaro to a lexus IS, is just stupid. they are nearly complete opposites. i almost got a camaro ss when i bought my car in july. but for some people luxury>power. and vice versa.

i say if you wanna do it, pull the trigger. and tune the thing. full borla exhaust and super charge the thing. and you get to own a bat outta hell, and still have the same back seat room
Old 01-13-10, 12:28 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by Mv350
all depends on your taste, preferably i would go for a camaro ss if i was to do the new gen nuscle thing. but when trying to compare a mustang and camaro to a lexus IS, is just stupid. they are nearly complete opposites. i almost got a camaro ss when i bought my car in july. but for some people luxury>power. and vice versa.

i say if you wanna do it, pull the trigger. and tune the thing. full borla exhaust and super charge the thing. and you get to own a bat outta hell, and still have the same back seat room

"Although the company continues to manufacturer some superlative wafty coddlers, the IS 350 is yet another Lexus displaying a stunning lack of brand consistency. It's no more a luxury car than a Mustang GT."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/lexus-is-350/
Old 01-13-10, 12:42 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

eww.. im not a fan of muscle cars... they burn crazy gas and are LOUD
Old 01-13-10, 12:50 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

For what it is, I've always liked the Mustang. Hope you're happy with it.

What're you going to do when the new Ecoboost v6's start showing up to beat you in a drag race, though?
Old 01-13-10, 12:54 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I'd like to hear back from the OP, he certainly could give us some good feedback by now.
Old 01-13-10, 01:11 PM
darrelld
Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I'd like to hear back from the OP, he certainly could give us some good feedback by now.
I would like to know the same, anyone have his email?
Old 01-13-10, 01:23 PM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

i would have waited for the 5.0 stang,but not a bad choice.

Old 01-13-10, 01:24 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

5.0 does come out in 2011.....yumm lol
Old 01-13-10, 01:26 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

You got screwed!! Should have waited for the 2011 Mustang GT which is slated to get 412 HP 5.0-liter V8!!!!
Old 01-13-10, 01:40 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
eww.. im not a fan of muscle cars... they burn crazy gas and are LOUD
the same can be said of some of the 2is's here in CL.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Is 350, Hello 2010 Mustang Gt.