0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

3rd Gen IS speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-11, 10:11 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it weren't for the side mirrors, I couldn't tell which way that car is going...
Old 06-14-11, 10:16 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I already got mine on pre-order. Will have the first one

...j/k

There's so many rumors, i'll believe it when i see it.
Old 06-14-11, 10:22 PM
cestjoel
Driver

Minority Report!
Old 06-14-11, 10:24 PM
somatic
Rookie

Originally Posted by peteypablo
But he was specific that in about 13 months!!! he must know something right?
...they're always specific lol. When I was a Scion Sales manager last year, I kept trying to get info on the 2011 tC. First I was told, by a very reputable source, that it would come out just in time for summer, and that it would be what is now known instead to be the Scion FR-S Then I was told, by the same source, that it would be released by august. Then I was told by another source it would come out in the beginning of September.

.....it finally came out in October ....and the first guy was completely wrong about what it would look like

Don't get me started on the release of the Scion iQ..
Old 06-14-11, 10:28 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another speculation of the 3IS thread.

I'll believe it when I see it in the press release or car mags.

For a minute there, I was worried that our cars will be on the dead list soon.
Old 06-14-11, 10:43 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Hasn't been any hints or pics yet. Just guesses. Also, never believe anything a dealer tells you. They are usually wrong 95% of the time.
Old 06-14-11, 11:19 PM
krazyboi12
Rookie

Originally Posted by anthrax144
If it weren't for the side mirrors, I couldn't tell which way that car is going...
LOL I thought the left side was the front when I first say the picture.
Old 06-15-11, 01:04 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13 months doesnt sound to bad!. but id say itll be in 15 months. around september
Old 06-15-11, 05:37 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Hasn't been any hints or pics yet. Just guesses. Also, never believe anything a dealer tells you. They are usually wrong 95% of the time.
Not to mention that no test mule pictures have surfaced on said car.

Something for you guys to think about is the SC it was practically the same car for year. The same goes for the 90's ES, look at honda they ran 3rd gen integra from 94-2001 and the NSX was basically the same car for it's entire lifespan except with cosmetic changes and a bump in displacement for the engine.
Old 06-15-11, 06:16 AM
ChaseMX
Driver School Candidate

I love the current model.. not sure how they can improve it. I'm sure coming from Lexus it will be sick though. Still absolutely LOVE my 350 though, I'll probably just stick with it.
Old 06-15-11, 06:33 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by peteypablo
But he was specific that in about 13 months!!! he must know something right?
Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
First off, dealers are not employees of Toyota or Lexus, they are employees of whoever owns the dealership.

Second, this reminds me of when I was a working for a large bank and I was on an awards cruise and the CEO made a visit and had an 'open' Q&A. Someone specifically asked if the bank was planning to buy up any other banks, and the CEO straight up said no but that they may look into things in a year or two. Fast forward a few weeks, and the bank announced that they were buying two different banks!

Moral of story: The upper powers of big companies wont let the peons of thier own company know details of something that is in the works, and they definately wont their vendors (dealers) know.

Third, if I remember correctly when the 2IS was being launched, they had it up on the website for months as a future car before it actually went on sale. But the fact that we dont even have pics of a test mule makes me doubt that its only 13 months away. ...But then again, 2012 will be the 7th model year of the 2IS and its getting to be time for a refresh!

Originally Posted by ChaseMX
I love the current model.. not sure how they can improve it. I'm sure coming from Lexus it will be sick though. Still absolutely LOVE my 350 though, I'll probably just stick with it.
Maybe new more fuel efficient or more powerfull engines?!?! I cant think of much either right now that needs to be improved upon.
Old 06-15-11, 06:42 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Road and Track believes it will debut in 2013 as a 2014 model and that it will be based on a stretched version of the new Toyota FT-86 platform:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/2014-lexus-is

If it looks like picture in the article, I'm not getting one!

Old 06-15-11, 06:56 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Edmunds has this to say:

http://www.insideline.com/lexus/future-vehicles.html

Lexus IS
•2013 Lexus IS: After a minor refresh in 2010, the Lexus IS is expected to get a full redesign for the 2013 model year. Expect to see a similar lineup of models — sedan, convertible, high-performance IS-F — in addition to a rear-wheel-drive chassis and a V6 engine. Hybrid power could be a new twist to the equation as Lexus looks to expand the availability of hybrid power throughout its lineup.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a drawing of a possible 2013 IS:
http://www.burlappcars.com/2011/03/2013-lexus-is.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motortrend also has pics of a "test mule" but it looks just like the 2IS to me:

https://wot.motortrend.com/spied-lex...arts-9685.html
Old 06-15-11, 08:14 AM
juxtapose
Rookie

^ I hope that burlappcars rendering isnt real. It looks more like a face lifted ES 350 or camry. Honestly I can't wait for a redesign of the ISxxx, i am really hoping toyota will include a better transmission like many of the other manufacturers especially this day in age;DCT and include 7 gears for automatics. The high compression in our engine really irritating as well limiting the power. Toyota did say it's going in more aggressive look like audis and bimmers i hope that aggressive look motto also includes a engine that can back up the looks department. I hope they introduce some force induction I4s or sixes.
Old 06-15-11, 08:16 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

whether this rumor is true or not, we can pretty much agree on there will be a new IS launch in U.S. some time next year. the current design has been existed since 2005.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen IS speculation thread