0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

3rd Gen IS speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-11, 11:55 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seriously i don't think he was trying to be an e-thug at all. He was just joking around that you haven't seen something that has been talked about a lot recently. No reason to take it seriously or make it seem like he was attacking you, in my opinion! And def no reason to say he's some kid living in his moms basement.

Let's just stop with the personal attacks and let this thread get back on topic
Old 11-26-11, 11:55 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
plus what I saw looked more like this. And no I dont live under a rock I actually live in a 1900 sq ft house and have a full time job, a wife, a kid and don't have all the time in the world to read car mags, watch the news, or sit on this forum and make 4053 posts.Get over yourself guy. Just because you hear about something before someone else doesnt make you "cool". I came across some good stuff and I thought I would share just in case other guys/ gals on here have not came across it bc they are busy with their lives vs being a virgin and sitting on the computer all day reading about cars.
stop trolling. relax....
Old 11-27-11, 12:10 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Seriously i don't think he was trying to be an e-thug at all. He was just joking around that you haven't seen something that has been talked about a lot recently. No reason to take it seriously or make it seem like he was attacking you, in my opinion! And def no reason to say he's some kid living in his moms basement.

Let's just stop with the personal attacks and let this thread get back on topic
Im glad someone got that.

Thanks.
Old 11-27-11, 12:48 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Im glad someone got that.

Thanks.
I did too :P
Idk why is he getting all crazy, and bashing on you..

someone doesnt have a sense of humor
Old 11-27-11, 01:20 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Anyways back on topic, if the new IS looks like anything on RDIS250AWD's post with the JP mag pics, I wouldn't know how to feel about the front bumper and rear... hmm
Old 11-27-11, 02:38 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

If the FT-86 is anything to go by, then the next gen IS is going to be a very attractive ride... Toyota/Lexus continues to show a great knack for keeping the weight of their cars down, too, but it would be nice if (unlike the FT-86), the 3IS got a good amount of power to boot.

much like the supra didnt happen but we got the lfa so i'm not complaining but this wouldve been pretty sweet
Errr, why would the LFA make up for not getting a Supra? If you were interested in a new Supra, odds are that you're not going to be buying an LFA anytime soon... Or were you just interested in Toyota releasing a new sports car even though you had no interest in actually driving/buying it?
Old 11-27-11, 07:30 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Sadly the 3IS seems most likely to go the way of the new GS... that is, some styling changes, some neat interior upgrades, and some ECU tweaks to the same damn transmission and the same damn engine they've been using since 2005.

Don't even get me started on the FT-86... years and years of concept versions at shows and they spit out a car with under 200 hp, with no FI option at all.
Old 11-27-11, 09:43 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

not feeling the new 3IS looks at all.. almost looks like the new GS nothing special
Old 11-27-11, 10:38 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hang out with high school kids and i am old enough to be their daddy. Cool talk is cool. Age does not matter.

So back to 3IS. I speculate that IS250 will stay, but IS350 will be replaced with a turbo/super charged IS250.
Old 11-27-11, 12:51 PM
NafisC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FT-86 is definitely old news. Seems like it's been lingering in concept/production state for ages, so hearing that it's got such a lousy motor on this thread really sucks. Toyota is also definitely never coming out with anything the likes of the Supra again, haha there is no sense in believing they will. Something a tad similar within the next decade, POSSIBLY, but even then, they'll just give it to a design group under the Scion or Lexus team. I miss that damn car
Old 11-27-11, 12:58 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LMAO! Or go bankrupt like MC Hammer
LOL....ohhhh the good ole' days!
Old 11-28-11, 01:37 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Sadly the 3IS seems most likely to go the way of the new GS... that is, some styling changes, some neat interior upgrades, and some ECU tweaks to the same damn transmission and the same damn engine they've been using since 2005.

Don't even get me started on the FT-86... years and years of concept versions at shows and they spit out a car with under 200 hp, with no FI option at all.
Especially with how long of a product cycle the 2IS is going to end up having, I will be VERY surprised (and disappointed) if they end up re-hashing the same powertrain in the 3IS. I think they set a precedent of putting a lot of power in this class with the 350, and now there's a lot of competition in the segment (and in some other somewhat-related segments). They have to step their game up.
Old 11-28-11, 03:33 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Especially with how long of a product cycle the 2IS is going to end up having, I will be VERY surprised (and disappointed) if they end up re-hashing the same powertrain in the 3IS. I think they set a precedent of putting a lot of power in this class with the 350, and now there's a lot of competition in the segment (and in some other somewhat-related segments). They have to step their game up.
To me, stepping their game up includes the creation of a coupe. It's just silly this car doesn't come in a coupe. Lexus is just so hard-headedly stubborn. In this segment, coupes rule. I see more BMW 3 series coupes than sedans. With the increased sportiness, also comes additional leg room comfort. That means bigger and older guys will buy them. More sales. It's a no-brainer.
Old 11-28-11, 05:22 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally wouldl like to see a coupe version as well as some more HP, 300 is the new 200 in my opinion so to stand out they need to bring more to the table.
Old 11-28-11, 07:37 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I agree they should... but I'm looking to the GS as the model, and they did nothing with the engine for the recent generation bump there.... so my only real hope is they didn't bump the engine at all for the first year of the last GS generation change, but did the second year... so perhaps they'll do something similar and carry it over to the 3IS...

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen IS speculation thread