0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

3rd Gen IS speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-12, 05:08 PM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how accurate do you think guys think one is? This looks sick! I hope this is the next IS!

Apparently Motor Trend among others are suggesting that this is the next IS coupe. A quote from the link:

Ahead of the LF-CC's public disrobing at the 2012 Paris auto show, Motor Trend had an opportunity to talk turkey with its key designers. There's no coyness as to what it's all about. It previews a new compact coupe, and by extension a sedan. "It's near-future D-segment premium," says exterior designer Hideaki Iida. So does this concept preview next year's new IS, we ask? "You can guess that," he nods.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...#ixzz26m6WOzom
Attached Thumbnails 3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lfcc-concept-rear-three-quarter-hi-res.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lfcc-concept-side-view-hi-res.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lfcc-concept-front-three-quarter-hi-res.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lfcc-concept-grille-closeup-hi-res.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lf-cc-concept-interior.jpg  

Last edited by SeanIS350; 09-17-12 at 05:22 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 09-17-12, 05:24 PM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

more pics from the Motor Trend site.
Attached Thumbnails 3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lfcc-concept-rear-deck-closeup-hi-res.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lf-cc-concept-sketch-front.jpg   3rd Gen IS speculation thread-lexus-lf-cc-concept-sketch-rear.jpg  
Old 09-17-12, 08:52 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

This should give us clues about the 3IS. Other than the grill everything else looks gorgeous!
Old 09-17-12, 08:59 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My guess is that it will look nothing like that and have an ugly *** grill, just like the GS. YUCK lexus what are you doing. You need to make more modern looking sleek cars, I kinda like the look of the new Acura TLX/HONDA CONCEPT C design: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...as-rumored-tlx

The only problem with it is that it is most likely going to be front wheel drive,
Old 09-17-12, 09:26 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

WOW, that dash looks great! Very proportional, low-laying, and not overdone like many recent renditions. Also nice NOT seeing a secondary hood or wart for the nav area. The dash does not seem to be designed around that feature, but rather has a natural flow with accessory items finding their own homes. This is exactly how I'd design a modern dash.

Back end is reminding me of the first gen TSX. Not a bad thing, but not super original. Also don't dig the narrow and tall "summit" of the trunk. That's one step too close to the last gen bustlebutt BMW 7-series with a grafted on trunk look. Also don't care for the crying taillights. They look sad where they wrap around of the side and point down. Sad does not equal aggressive.

Rest of the body looks fantastic. The roofline is very clean and sleek, as well as the greenhouse. Hope all that makes it to production. But like the new GS F-sport the front looks like it's sucking in it's cheeks. Bleh We shall see how much of this makes it to production.
Old 09-17-12, 11:50 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanIS350
more pics from the Motor Trend site.
Hoovey2411 should chime in on this. He works for Lexus and has seen the 3IS in person!
Old 09-18-12, 07:25 AM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

Are you guys seeing this stuff!!!!

So now Car and Driver and Automobile are suggesting this is a preview of the next IS coupe as well, links below:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/lex...-and-info-news
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh..._lfcc_concept/

and check out the video! If this looks half as good in production, I'd be willing to trade in my 350

Old 09-18-12, 09:11 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Man that's sick
Old 09-18-12, 09:27 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=SeanIS350;7491384]Are you guys seeing this stuff!!!!

So now Car and Driver and Automobile are suggesting this is a preview of the next IS coupe as well, links below:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/lex...-and-info-news
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh..._lfcc_concept/

and check out the video! If this looks half as good in production, I'd be willing to trade in my 350

QUOTE]

There is a long thread in Car Chat already that has the pictures and videos posted well before they get to this thread. Perhaps. they should all be merged, since there is some conflicting information or info asked that has already been addressed in the Car Chat thread.
Old 09-18-12, 11:51 AM
SeanIS350
Pole Position

There is a long thread in Car Chat already that has the pictures and videos posted well before they get to this thread. Perhaps. they should all be merged, since there is some conflicting information or info asked that has already been addressed in the Car Chat thread.
I did not see that thread ahead of posting so apologies if this is duplicated information. Mods please merge if you wish.

After reading that thread through, it did exist well before posting here, but it wasn't actually until yesterday when more and more people on that thread are saying this is defintely the next IS after the press conference. So now I actually feel that these pics should be here. I'm not sure how we can have a thread titled "3rd Gen IS Speculation" without these pics posted here now that the consensus is that this will be the next IS coupe.

Here is a link to the thread that My0gr81 is referring to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...otor-show.html
Old 09-18-12, 12:19 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SeanIS350
I did not see that thread ahead of posting so apologies if this is duplicated information. Mods please merge if you wish.

After reading that thread through, it did exist well before posting here, but it wasn't actually until yesterday when more and more people on that thread are saying this is defintely the next IS after the press conference. So now I actually feel that these pics should be here. I'm not sure how we can have a thread titled "3rd Gen IS Speculation" without these pics posted here now that the consensus is that this will be the next IS coupe.

Here is a link to the thread that My0gr81 is referring to:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...otor-show.html
And add another one to the list:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-detroit.html
Old 09-18-12, 08:40 PM
SB350
Instructor

This evening I went to a grand opening event for Lexus of Santa Barbara and got to meet Stephen from Lexus Headquarters. Some of you may have met him at the Lexus of Westminster meet. He's the guy that showed up in the silver ISF CCS-R style prototype. I believe him to be a pretty credible source.

He shared some info with me regarding the 3IS. As we know, it's going to be released next June as a 2014 model with the same drivetrains as the current generation. However during the mid cycle refresh of the 3IS, the 250 model will get a twin turbo 4 cylinder engine, while the 350 will be upgraded to a twin turbo 6 cylinder with over 350 HP...which is what I'll be waiting for.

The convertible hardtop version will be replaced with a ragtop model.

The LF-CC concept will not be branded as an IS, but rather a new model to fit as a coupe between the IS and GS model.

The F-Sport IS model won't have the bumper bar across the spindle grill.
Old 09-18-12, 09:00 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

while that sounds interesting, I can't see Lexus taking the turbo route on their cars.
Old 09-18-12, 09:40 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, given how far outta the way Toyota has shifted since the supra away from aftermarket performance I'd be pretty shocked if they offered a turbo anything for powertrain.

and waiting till halfway through the cycle for the new engine would put it out to like 2017-2018, I'd long since have bought something else by then, seeing no reason to buy the same car with a slightly nicer interior in the first half of the cycle that I already have now.
Old 09-18-12, 11:53 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

wow that would be crazy! twin turbo IS!

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen IS speculation thread