IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What to do to my 09 IS250 ?? (Noob)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 08:11 AM
elmodefoke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do to my 09 IS250 ?? (Noob)

Hey guys I just leased my first Lexus just a few days ago.

It's a 2009 IS250 Black(Obsidian) on Black. It has a Spoiler and 18" Alloy Wheels. I haven't had a chance to take pics but will.

Thing is I'm a total noob when it comes to Modding cars. I'm so in love with this ride and I want to hook it up nicely.

Can any of you guys give me some suggestions?

I was wanting to put 19's or 20's and not drop it, but I read somewhere that it would make the care ride high. Am just not sure if I should drop it because it's a lease.

I also want to put the Front, Side and Rear lips to it. I will be putting on the tints in the next few days....

Thanx in advance for any help.
Old 07-09-09, 08:13 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

If it's a leased car you better not do anything. You can get into a lot of trouble when you return it and a waste of money since you have to put everything back to stock. Dealer will not take your modded car.
Old 07-09-09, 08:21 AM
tmaung
Driver

No point in putting the body kit. I would change the wheels because you can always change it back easily.
Old 07-09-09, 08:27 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your new IS!!!

Return it and lease an IS350
Old 07-09-09, 08:45 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL. Congrats on your new lease. I doubt you would want to do anything extensive "mod" wise to the car when it's a lease just because its going to be a pain and cost a lot of $$$ to return it to "stock" when you return the car back to the dealership.

Front, side and rear lips, if you're refering to the OEM ones are easy to put on and take off. However, if you're going to put the rear lip on the "correct" way, you're going to have to cut and drill into the original bumper. Not sure if you're going to want to do that if you're going to take the lip off sometime down the road. If you don't want to drill, you can always 3M double side tape the rear lip on and that has work for a few members on the forum.

As another member has said, rims would always be an option for you due to the fact that they are easy to put on and take off. You are a few other options available to you, just do a search. Good luck and enjoy your new IS.
Old 07-09-09, 08:45 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site. As for mods all depends if you plan on returning the car when the lease is up then i wouldn't do anything as you will spend a ton of money for no reason.
Old 07-09-09, 08:55 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

stinks its a lease... a drop is an absolute must. i would drop it anyway.
Old 07-09-09, 09:25 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just drop it anyway and keep your stock suspension to swap back when you return it
Old 07-09-09, 09:50 AM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Just drop it anyway and keep your stock suspension to swap back when you return it
Definitely this. ^

Anyway, you can get a kit and mod the hell out of it if you want to. You can always return it to stock (or close to stock) later and you can either private sell it for the lease buyout, or return it to the dealer on a trade in later, rather than simply returning it. I don't know the numbers, but presume it's not the "wisest financial decision", but is modding cars EVER a wise financial decision?

Enjoy your car. Don't drive it stock!
Old 07-09-09, 10:03 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

welcome to CL
you can do whatever you wanna do to your car as long as you are willing to put the stock back on when you return the car
but,,if my car is a lease,,I wouldn't even bother to put a body kit on it,,
I might just drop (since it's not that hard to replace it later) and put rims on (and make sure you keep your stock rims)
if you want a bodykit, then just go with GFX front lip and sell it later when you return your car

good luck~!
Old 07-09-09, 10:04 AM
elmodefoke
Driver School Candidate

Apreciate all your inputs guys.

Would the 18" G-Spiders along with the OEM body kit (Front, Side and Rear Lips with no drilling) and NOT dropping it improve the look anyways?

I'm thinking that putting on the body kit along with the new rims would give the illusion that the car is closer to the ground and still making it look BETTER than stock.

Is this correct?
Old 07-09-09, 10:11 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elmodefoke
Apreciate all your inputs guys.

Would the 18" G-Spiders along with the OEM body kit (Front, Side and Rear Lips with no drilling) and NOT dropping it improve the look anyways?

I'm thinking that putting on the body kit along with the new rims would give the illusion that the car is closer to the ground and still making it look BETTER than stock.

Is this correct?

It will give it that slight (emphasis on slight illusion that it's lower to the ground. But you'll still have a big wheel gap
Old 07-09-09, 10:14 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Welcome to CL...
Old 07-09-09, 10:29 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome. A drop and wheels like everyone says. If your on a budget right now you can run spacers so your stock wheels stick out flush.
Old 07-09-09, 10:42 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on the new IS250, enjoy.

Quick Reply: What to do to my 09 IS250 ?? (Noob)