IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The same reactions???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09 | 08:24 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bodz123
What you dont know about the jeans? Aparently you are not married. Let me fill you in. There are the jeans She fit into in high school, of course The college jeans, her fat jeans and the jeans she's going to fit into after her diet LOL
I agree ! I don't understand why females gotta purchase $100+ jeans. They claim it just fits better. Kinda of the same argument for us guys.... we mod cars cause it FITS us better.
Also not wearing anything would fit the best! but that is another story for another forum

my gf has over 10 bags and at least 20 pairs of shoes. I stopped counting after 3. The bags and shoes are all over the place. I ask why and the answer is "just cause". REALLY? why did i even bother asking ...
Old 07-14-09 | 08:28 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Non-car enthusiasts just don't get it. Instead of buying a new car, I'm modding mind
Old 07-15-09 | 12:43 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone has their hobby. For some it's car modding. It's as simple as that. If you aren't running into enough supporters, just come here to CL. This place breathes modding.
Old 07-15-09 | 01:03 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i just want to be special
Old 07-15-09 | 07:19 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
Who do you mean by "no one"? Who cares, if it makes you happy? When someone can tell me why woman have 20 bags and 100 pairs of shoes then I will try and come up with an explanation for cars.

lol Well, I only have 20 pairs of shoes for my feet...but I do have 4 sets of shoes for the cars hehehe

We like options gosh
Old 07-15-09 | 09:11 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
When someone can tell me why woman have 20 bags and 100 pairs of shoes then I will try and come up with an explanation for cars.
Originally Posted by funnie
I agree ! I don't understand why females gotta purchase $100+ jeans. They claim it just fits better. Kinda of the same argument for us guys.... we mod cars cause it FITS us better.
Also not wearing anything would fit the best! but that is another story for another forum
Essentially you guys parallel us girls.

In car enthusiast terms, to help you better understand women:
Why would you buy the replica WALD/Vertex/ect. kit when you know, yeah, you can fit it to your car but it won't fit AS nicely as if you just saved up and dished for the real thing. You feel prouder of your car "body" when you drive around in your "designer" kit, rather than a replica, and those who spoil their cars like that usually are more aspirated to take care of their car, making you want to buy nicer things for it.

Also, of course you don't want just to be like every other person out there with your same kit, so you have to buy some nice wheels so you're more personalised, and maybe throw on some HIDS or lower it... but oh you've been really wanting to get that f-sport sway bar... maybe wish that LMS didn't stop producing superchargers for our 2IS so you could add a pitiful 40hp for $6000, so you would be completely on your own platform! Girls just WOULDN'T understand how freakin' awesome that would be!

The more options you have put on your car, the less of a chance of looking like the car next to you, which in turn, have people turn heads [which could be for the good - wow nice car, or worse - that car cannot be unseen! It's debatable], making you become noticed in some sort of fashion. I know I've had people pull me over and go "OH! You drive that MRM IS350? I've seen you around the area!" I've been whistled at more when I'm at the gas station with my modded IS350 rather than my stock [and kind of beat up] IS300.

Which really could be explained by the whole biological competitiveness that is in us to get out, get noticed, and get our genes out there in society and reproduce... ergo, we must mod our cars and girls must wear designer jeans.

Oh man, this is what I called an over-analysis when you're a female biology major that doubles as a car enthusiast and fashion follower.
Old 07-15-09 | 09:51 AM
dangy
Lexus Champion

I'm a dude and I have/had 74 pairs of sneakers and very expensive Levi's jeans....mod your car if you want and F whatever people have to say about it.
Old 07-15-09 | 10:21 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bodz123
I dont understand why people who are broke or have loans on their cars throw a bunch of money into modding their vehicles instead of paying it off, but hey to each their own! Unfortunitly DEBT is the American way and look where its gotten us! now were all screwed.
Yeah, I think it's a Commie plot.
Old 07-15-09 | 10:23 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2IS 'R' US
Instead of buying a new car, I'm modding mind
That's actually more cost effective than trading in your old car and buying a new one. Makes more sense economically.
Old 07-15-09 | 10:24 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

some of my friends say the same to me, but everyone agrees that the car needs to be lowered and need rims

Last edited by lexboi250; 07-15-09 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-15-09 | 10:55 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by karasha
Essentially you guys parallel us girls.

In car enthusiast terms, to help you better understand women:
Why would you buy the replica WALD/Vertex/ect. kit when you know, yeah, you can fit it to your car but it won't fit AS nicely as if you just saved up and dished for the real thing. You feel prouder of your car "body" when you drive around in your "designer" kit, rather than a replica, and those who spoil their cars like that usually are more aspirated to take care of their car, making you want to buy nicer things for it.
Just to address this one point, all the local NYC people will know....we have this place called canal street, and lemme tell you about replicas. I bet more women buy bags there on one day than in 20 malls combined.

As for some other points. Why do some people lease a Lexus when they can buy a Corolla outright? Why do people take out 30 year mortgages, and pay 5% interest...$20k a year in taxes when they can rent the same place for $2500 a month. I know it know it appreciates, but so do the houses around you...so typically people never move, or if you do to upgrade at some point of course the houses around you will be more.

We can have this debate all day long, so long as your car payment isnt more than your rent/house, and your income to debt ratio isnt 90%...if it makes people happy who cares. I have friends parents who are millionaires and drive 12 year old cars around...and cheap ones too. Cant take it with you...
Old 07-15-09 | 11:23 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by weesped
i just want to be special
Old 07-15-09 | 03:42 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

karasha - nice explanation.... too bad i still dont get it. Maybe i'm too manly to understand =) ..... back to modding !!!
Old 07-15-09 | 03:50 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

My fiance and I and had a similar discussion the other day, and she can't understand why I'd spend any $$ on the car for body kits, wheels, etc.

At the same time, I don't understand why anyone would buy a $2k purse, $200 jeans, or 50 pair of shoes.

It just comes down to what makes you happy. I'd rather spend money on the car, and have regular plain clothes... she'd rather have 50 shoes and some LV purses....
Old 07-15-09 | 03:57 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Stock is BEST!!!

but i do like women who buy those aftermarket 'front body kit'

Quick Reply: The same reactions???