i just want to be special
Old 07-15-09, 06:15 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
Essentially you guys parallel us girls.

In car enthusiast terms, to help you better understand women:
Why would you buy the replica WALD/Vertex/ect. kit when you know, yeah, you can fit it to your car but it won't fit AS nicely as if you just saved up and dished for the real thing. You feel prouder of your car "body" when you drive around in your "designer" kit, rather than a replica, and those who spoil their cars like that usually are more aspirated to take care of their car, making you want to buy nicer things for it.

Also, of course you don't want just to be like every other person out there with your same kit, so you have to buy some nice wheels so you're more personalised, and maybe throw on some HIDS or lower it... but oh you've been really wanting to get that f-sport sway bar... maybe wish that LMS didn't stop producing superchargers for our 2IS so you could add a pitiful 40hp for $6000, so you would be completely on your own platform! Girls just WOULDN'T understand how freakin' awesome that would be!

The more options you have put on your car, the less of a chance of looking like the car next to you, which in turn, have people turn heads [which could be for the good - wow nice car, or worse - that car cannot be unseen! It's debatable], making you become noticed in some sort of fashion. I know I've had people pull me over and go "OH! You drive that MRM IS350? I've seen you around the area!" I've been whistled at more when I'm at the gas station with my modded IS350 rather than my stock [and kind of beat up] IS300.

Which really could be explained by the whole biological competitiveness that is in us to get out, get noticed, and get our genes out there in society and reproduce... ergo, we must mod our cars and girls must wear designer jeans.

Oh man, this is what I called an over-analysis when you're a female biology major that doubles as a car enthusiast and fashion follower.
haha... nice analysis MRM =
Old 07-15-09, 06:56 PM
isFiend
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you buy the replica WALD/Vertex/ect. kit when you know, yeah, you can fit it to your car but it won't fit AS nicely as if you just saved up and dished for the real thing. You feel prouder of your car "body" when you drive around in your "designer" kit, rather than a replica, and those who spoil their cars like that usually are more aspirated to take care of their car, making you want to buy nicer things for it.

Also, of course you don't want just to be like every other person out there with your same kit, so you have to buy some nice wheels so you're more personalised, and maybe throw on some HIDS or lower it... but oh you've been really wanting to get that f-sport sway bar... maybe wish that LMS didn't stop producing superchargers for our 2IS so you could add a pitiful 40hp for $6000, so you would be completely on your own platform! Girls just WOULDN'T understand how freakin' awesome that would be!

The more options you have put on your car, the less of a chance of looking like the car next to you, which in turn, have people turn heads [which could be for the good - wow nice car, or worse - that car cannot be unseen! It's debatable], making you become noticed in some sort of fashion. I know I've had people pull me over and go "OH! You drive that MRM IS350? I've seen you around the area!" I've been whistled at more when I'm at the gas station with my modded IS350 rather than my stock [and kind of beat up] IS300.

Which really could be explained by the whole biological competitiveness that is in us to get out, get noticed, and get our genes out there in society and reproduce... ergo, we must mod our cars and girls must wear designer jeans.

Oh man, this is what I called an over-analysis when you're a female biology major that doubles as a car enthusiast and fashion follower.

Jesus christ there is nothing sexier than a woman who knows her cars. Marry me please.

Nah just kidding of course haha.

p.s. dont worry i'm not a creeper/stalker

In all seriousness I completely agree with your assessment. Women around here (Univ tx austin at least) are... (not to be sexist I say this in the least offensive way possible) mostly airhead fashionista ultra girly people.

I don't think I've ever met a woman who can appreciate the "womanly" things like fashion etc. AND love cars at the same time. That is rare as hell.
Old 07-15-09, 07:02 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
haha... nice analysis MRM =
I agree
Old 07-17-09, 02:57 PM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP here.

Great conversation. Thanks for participating.
Old 07-17-09, 03:04 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Good points. Well said.
Old 07-17-09, 03:11 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am who i am so i mod the way i feel that makes me who i am. If you can afford it, "BUY IT", you want it "DO IT". This is how everyone is different from each other, its how we feel and think. Life is exciting when you make it different and this how modding cars is, EXCITING! UPS and FEdEX are my friends lolz