IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport, Practicality, and Passengers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 09:01 AM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Sport, Practicality, and Passengers

Well, so far, I have the F-Sport Intake, Exhaust, and Sway Bars.

The Intake and Sway Bars were the best changes, by far. These are great improvements that have minimal negative effects.

The Exhaust. You better be sure you like the hot rod sound. I think they could have done a better job with it. Several years ago, I would have loved it more than I do now. I love it so far, but I can tell there will be times that I will want the car to be more quiet.

With that said, none of my passengers have complained. My wife - to my surprise - says it's totally okay. In fact, she suggested that I let her be the primary driver of the car if the sound gets to me. HA! My kids didn't make one complaint. Surprising. My luxury-car-loving co-worker said the exhaust sounded good. Very surprising. My sports-car-loving co-worker loved it.
Old 07-18-09, 11:06 AM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-Sport products are

What other F-Sport products are you going to get for your IS?
Old 07-18-09, 11:43 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

If the F-Sport exhaust is too loud and 'hot rod' sounding, the Tanabe Exhaust might be just what your looking for. The most quiet and 'pure' or 'luxury' sounding exhaust for the IS.

It just so happens I have the Tanabe and I want and F-Sport for the exact reasons you don't like yours... I want a louder for 'aggressive' sounding exhaust.

I sent you a PM.
Old 07-18-09, 01:15 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

I agree with the OP and also had the F-Sport Sway Bar Set (F&R) and F-Sport Air Intake installed. I did it because of the 20% promotion being run through the end of this month.

I almost did the F-Sport Exhaust too but decided not to do if because of the noise after reading this Lexus HKS and F-sport exhuast review on CL. Thanks CL!

After reading that what I really wanted was the Lexus HKS exhaust, not the F-Sport Exhaust (made by HKS). Too bad they don't sell the Lexus HKS exhaust anymore.

I came close to getting the F-Sport Under Chassis Brace but thought better of it after reading this F-Sport Sway bar & Under Chassis Brace review on CL. Thanks CL! I don't take my car to the track to do autocross or anything so the Under Chassis Brace would be a waste of money for me.

The F-sport wheels would have been cool but even with the discount pricing after putting on tires etc. I would still be around over $3K. Not right now.

For the money the F-Sport Sway Bars and F-Sport Air Intake are probably the best value. And if you're on the stock Lexus luxury ride maybe consider the F-Sport Springs and F-Sport Shocks.
Old 07-18-09, 02:09 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

FYI: Your F-Sport exhaust should quiet down, since it is new.
Old 07-18-09, 02:25 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
If the F-Sport exhaust is too loud and 'hot rod' sounding, the Tanabe Exhaust might be just what your looking for. The most quiet and 'pure' or 'luxury' sounding exhaust for the IS.
I too use the Tanabe for the sound quality..very quiet and luxury sounding.

BTW is350wh
I also heard the F-Sport..and I don't think it sounds too agressive.
Old 07-18-09, 03:08 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Yep F-Sport is the ****! I can't wait until I get my f-sport sway bars in.
Old 07-18-09, 03:15 PM
09ISboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VikH
FYI: Your F-Sport exhaust should quiet down, since it is new.
quiet down significantly? or just a bit? lol
Old 07-18-09, 04:58 PM
is350wh
Driver

VikH: Interesting. What is the science behind the change? It seems like the volume, notes, and everything is different when it's cold versus after I've been driving for a while. I don't understand what's happening, and maybe it's my imagination.
Old 07-18-09, 07:05 PM
saiyajin
Driver

Originally Posted by mdgrwl

It just so happens I have the Tanabe and I want and F-Sport for the exact reasons you don't like yours... I want a louder for 'aggressive' sounding exhaust.

I sent you a PM.

Does anyone know how the Greddy SE rates in terms of loudness??

so far the general concesus is that the Tanabe is the quietest and the HKS hi-power being the loudest.

how does the Greddy compare to the F-sport??
Old 07-18-09, 11:36 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i already think my tanabe is too loud haha. but i know im no expert in this, bu t impretty sure exhausts get louder through its life, the sound deadening material in the mufflers dont last forever and wear on them through use would make the exhaust louder no?