IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scammer alert beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-09 | 08:47 AM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

the best bet is still going through your credit card company. Paypal is really useless when it comes to protecting the buyer....all the seller needs is a tracking number and the buyer is out of luck. I seriously doubt paypal knows the difference between a stock and f-sport exhaust if you're trying to prove your case.
Old 07-21-09 | 08:53 AM
YooNiBaLL
Lead Lap

I feel terrible for you... I hope you get this issue resolved! Lesson learned I guess...
Old 07-21-09 | 09:05 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in Long Island but fly to Dallas at least once a month for only about $250 round-trip. I don't know what your cash flow is but to me it's a small price to pay to handle your business if you have a real address. This guy obviously isn't the strongest tornado in TX if his big scam is only on $800 exhausts so it won't be that hard to find him.

Personally, I never trust warranties, guarantees, protection claims, or even "karma" - no one will protect but you. Even this site would rather close this thread if it turns on him rather than do anything to better protect consumers like you. That's why I never buy cheap unless I'm sure I won't care. I've never regretted spending too much, there's been plenty of times I've regretted trying to save.

Last edited by malujerry; 07-21-09 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-21-09 | 09:19 AM
MillerLite
Driver

Hey man, sorry to hear about that. Try to follow through but not spend extra money out of pocket doing so. Cut your loses short and like other menbers said let Karma do its job.

Best of luck
Old 07-21-09 | 09:59 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

Sorry to hear man. I see you asked for pics, you ever end up receiving them from the guy?
Old 07-21-09 | 01:04 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Damn sorry to hear, but you should have been more careful. 7 post and no vouch....
Old 07-21-09 | 01:10 PM
stvincent
Racer

that's pretty ****ed up.. sorry to hear that, hope you settle this somehow..
Old 07-21-09 | 02:12 PM
Isblue
Pole Position

That sucks, i hope you get your money back
Old 07-21-09 | 02:38 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

wowww.....i would KILLLLLLL someone!!!! Sorry to hear the news man.
Old 07-21-09 | 03:04 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by malujerry
I'm in Long Island but fly to Dallas at least once a month for only about $250 round-trip. I don't know what your cash flow is but to me it's a small price to pay to handle your business if you have a real address. This guy obviously isn't the strongest tornado in TX if his big scam is only on $800 exhausts so it won't be that hard to find him.
Even if he had his address wtf is he going to do? They probably wouldn't answer the door. Cops gives 2rats for an exhaust. Pull out some ninja moves on him?? Do a stakeout?? Please enlighten what your "handle your business" here.
Old 07-21-09 | 03:22 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by benzo555
Even if he had his address wtf is he going to do? They probably wouldn't answer the door. Cops gives 2rats for an exhaust. .
Personally, I never trust warranties, guarantees, protection claims, or even "karma" - no one will protect but you.
That included cops in my previous protection part.

Pull out some ninja moves on him??
I like your sarcasm. Do you perform at birthday parties?

Do a stakeout?? Please enlighten what your "handle your business" here.
Yeah, I guess that part wasn't clear since I didn't want to say you could act like an ex girlfriend and cause $800 in property damage.

Last edited by malujerry; 07-21-09 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-21-09 | 03:51 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

I think we can all learn a little something from this..
1. low post count 2. no itrade 3. no vouch 4. shipping and payment fiasco.
it's too bad a member suffered from all this. But I think we can sometimes take this forum for granted and believe everyone is trustful and cool. But as with all things online...trust your instincts!!!!
Old 07-21-09 | 04:01 PM
ilocke
Lead Lap

Hopefully some TX members will step up and go pay him a visit. Before anyone gets the wrong idea and thinks "beatdown", I'm not suggesting that (publicly... haha). I was a member of another car forum years ago and an out of state member got scammed by someone in Arizona. He had the address and gave it to me, so I went and paid a visit to the scammer.

The scammer never answered the door, but the fact that someone was willing to actually go to their house and knock on the door put enough fear in the scammer to refund the buyer's money. A lot of scammers are cowards and they count on being able to just victimize out of state buyers without fear of having to face anyone personally. It "gets real" when someone shows up at your house.

Again, hopefully some TX members will be willing to go discuss matters with the scammer.
Old 07-21-09 | 05:14 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

That included cops in my previous protection part.

I like your sarcasm. Do you perform at birthday parties?

Yeah, I guess that part wasn't clear since I didn't want to say you could act like an ex girlfriend and cause $800 in property damage.
Well he could be living at relatives house etc. Causing someone $800 of property damage will still not solve the issue. Yeah he could do that and get risk of getting caught and thrown in Jail not worth it. I would pay the guy a visit but Houston to Dallas is a bit far of a drive.
Old 07-21-09 | 05:20 PM
promoguy
Driver

i appreciate everyones help and support on the matter. but as much as id love to get my payback with this guy, i wouldnt condone any violent matters either. but if anyone in the area would like to pay him a visit and find out why he decided to send me a stock exhaust that would be good too lol.

Quick Reply: Scammer alert beware!