IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scammer alert beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09 | 05:41 PM
promoguy
Driver

Angry Scammer alert beware!

So awhile back, early june to be exact, i responded to a thread for a f-sport exhaust FS.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...t-exhaust.html

I agreed to a deal with the guy, for a pretty good price i believe...$745 shipped from texas to NY. The told me to send payment to his gf...which already got me alittle suspicious, then he said paypal has to verify the money or something?? never heard of that either. But the guy was very genuine in his responses. I have his phone number, address, email addresses of him and his gf. But he took an awful long time to ship the exhaust. He even told me an entire story about how he had to make his own box to ship the exhaust, and how it costed him a lot more to ship it then expected. He even said he would polish it up for me. Basically everything seemed legit and he seemed like a nice guy. He finally shipped the package, and i got my tracking number and i received the package at work. I open the package to find an extremely old, broken, stock exhaust with GFX tips. At this point i am extremely pissed because ive waited so long just for this crap. I gave him the benefit of doubt that it was a mistake. Emailed him frequently, pm'd on the site, and called his number. All of which, resulted in no responses. I contacted forum mods and they also got no response from the guy. I filed a claim on paypal, and they said nothing could be done. Im currently filing a claim through the credit card company, and they are saying that a delivery attempt must be made in order for them to consider giving my money back. Im already at a loss for the shipping but sacrificing 100 something to save 700 something i think is worth it.

The member's name is "AgIS350" he's from Texas. If anyone knows him, or hears from him let me know please. He hasn't been on the forums since June 23rd, which was already after i contacted him. The thing is, he HAS sold something successfully to another member also from Texas "aznboi27", but it was a local sale. I contacted him as well but also no response. If anyone knows either member, or has heard from either of them please let me know. Beware if this guy ever decides to pop up on the forums again in a few months or something. Heads up! i would hate for you to have to go through what im going through right now.
Old 07-20-09 | 05:47 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Wow - what a 1st class a-hole. I hope that something can be done, even if it means retaining a lawyer. You shouldn't let him get away with this.
Old 07-20-09 | 05:58 PM
promoguy
Driver

i would really love to...anyone who lives in texas wanna help?? i got his address hahaha just kidding. Idk if the lawyers cost will be worth it. who knows...any other words of advice?? haha
Old 07-20-09 | 06:05 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

sorry to hear that man, good luck with everything and hope everyone becomes aware of what is going on....
Old 07-20-09 | 06:23 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Just saw and replied to your thread on the classifieds. Sorry to hear about the scam.

Deciding to go through the legal process and retaining a lawyer would probably end up costing much more than $800. However, you might find a lawyer that will offer free consultations if you really want to know where you stand.

Hopefully, you receive some sort of monetary settlement from the credit card company. Good luck.
Old 07-20-09 | 06:28 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

dame sorry for your lost but if you looked at his post only 7 post that means he new too the site and without voucher beside that one guy from his area i wouldnt buy it
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...orth-area.html
by that way he sold the exhaust to his buddy in that post didnt want the other guy to pick it up and selling another to you that would just turn the light on in your head
Old 07-20-09 | 08:04 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

lol 7 posts? I wouldn't trust someone with that low post count too. I buy all my stuff through vendors or local pick ups
Old 07-20-09 | 08:12 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

And that's why I'm scared to buy stuff in hte marketplace on forums.
Old 07-20-09 | 08:15 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

I haven't seen Aznboi on the forums in a long time. Hope it all works out for you man.
Old 07-20-09 | 08:22 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

wow... I can not believe someone would do this... Im pissed off for you
Old 07-20-09 | 08:35 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Man that sucks. I am sorry to hear that. I have bought several items from CL members without any problems. But all had high post counts. Maybe some of the CL Texas guys can help you. GL
Old 07-20-09 | 08:39 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

If you have his full name, address, phone number you can file a claim at small claims court.

When the credit card company tells you to ship the stuff back, just ship him a piece of brick probably cost you $20~ and get tracking number and call it a day. No way I would ship back the crappy exhaust and lose $100-$150++ considering I am already losing money to begin with....
Old 07-20-09 | 08:46 PM
HERBos
Lead Lap

sorry to hear that bro...let karma do its job now
Old 07-20-09 | 08:49 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Man, I feel for your loss. I hope you can get reimbursed at least from the credit card company. I can't believe someone would deliberately do this to another CL member. But, looking at his post count, the moderators should have closed his sale. Thanks for the heads-up. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. The CL guys in Texas should all get together and head over to his address. What a $#^@!!
Old 07-20-09 | 09:21 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Agreed with most of the advise on here. That's a really bloody shame that someone did that to you. Sorry for you drama, but I guess it will help us other members be more wary that, albeit we are dealing with Lexus enthusiasts, doesn't mean they are genuine people.

I do live in Texas. Want me to go do a drive by? :P

Quick Reply: Scammer alert beware!