IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

f-sport accessories pricing at dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 09:04 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-sport accessories pricing at dealerships

Hey guys had a quick question. I know ordering parts directly from the dealership may not be the brightest idea but they have a 20% discount on all f-sport accessories going on. Anyway my question, is it normal for dealerships to charge a price that is different from what the main lexus website list price? For example the f-sport lowering spring set is priced at $299 at the website but when I called around i was getting prices that ranged from $344-$404 before tax. When I asked them why it was more expensive than what is listed on the website, they said that's what the computers says. So what do you guys think go with the $344 with 20% off or it's not worth it?
Old 07-22-09, 09:09 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not use sewell or westminster lexus and get it cheaper shipped?
Old 07-22-09, 09:32 PM
Maxximus
Driver

they probably don't think you know about the 20% off sale for july. I asked my dealer about the rims and they quoted me at full price before I mentioned the deal, even now they won't discount the wheel locks so if I do end up getting them it will be from sewell regardless.
Old 07-23-09, 12:35 AM
brtnrdr1x
Pole Position

sewell FTW. every dealer is full of *****, yes *****. the only time it may make a difference is when u mention the 20% off or tell them that sewell offers at blablabla n then they say, oh well $2,000 on f-sport wheels is a good deal, but if sewell gives u them for less than maybe we can help u n try to match..i would feel like an idiot if i was the parts guy, wouldn't u want to make the better deal so they keep commin bak? actually really funny how one of our sponsor lexus dealers quoted me $1400 for the f-sport exhaust over the phone and said nobody could do better, well i mentioned the sewell $850 n i think the guy had a stroke because i had sed i was on the forums..doooooshhhhh.
Old 07-23-09, 06:50 AM
IS_Sunny
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local Lexus Dealership is price matching the Sewell Fsport sale prices.
I was bringing my car in anyway so I figured I'd show up with some printouts showing the $265 intake price.

They checked to make sure the Sewell price was legit and matched it on the spot.
So far I've had absolutely great experiences online with Sewell and Pembroke Pines Lexus (in Miami) as well as my Local Dealership - Lexus of Orlando

-
Old 07-23-09, 08:59 AM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brtnrdr1x
sewell FTW. every dealer is full of *****, yes *****. the only time it may make a difference is when u mention the 20% off or tell them that sewell offers at blablabla n then they say, oh well $2,000 on f-sport wheels is a good deal, but if sewell gives u them for less than maybe we can help u n try to match..i would feel like an idiot if i was the parts guy, wouldn't u want to make the better deal so they keep commin bak? actually really funny how one of our sponsor lexus dealers quoted me $1400 for the f-sport exhaust over the phone and said nobody could do better, well i mentioned the sewell $850 n i think the guy had a stroke because i had sed i was on the forums..doooooshhhhh.
unless u know what Sewell is donig to have those prices, i dont think u should be calling anyone an idiot.
Old 07-23-09, 09:10 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

My local dealership has F-sport springs for $220.
Old 07-23-09, 09:18 AM
DaleBou
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered F-Sport springs and shocks from my dealership to be installed next week, price $830.
Old 07-23-09, 09:46 AM
Maxximus
Driver

Originally Posted by DaleBou
I just ordered F-Sport springs and shocks from my dealership to be installed next week, price $830.
$830 w/ install price or just for the springs and shocks?
Old 07-23-09, 09:54 AM
ltran
Rookie

Originally Posted by TommySC
My local Lexus Dealership is price matching the Sewell Fsport sale prices.
I was bringing my car in anyway so I figured I'd show up with some printouts showing the $265 intake price.

They checked to make sure the Sewell price was legit and matched it on the spot.
So far I've had absolutely great experiences online with Sewell and Pembroke Pines Lexus (in Miami) as well as my Local Dealership - Lexus of Orlando

-
you guys are lucky.

or my dealership must suck. lol..because they wouldn't price *****. with any other dealership.

and i asked for a quote on installing the f-sport springs i got from sewell, $1200 or install?
Old 07-23-09, 10:25 AM
DaleBou
Driver School Candidate

$500 install, $125 alignment.
Old 07-23-09, 01:58 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaleBou
Please do not get ripped off by the sealership. The going rate for the F-Sport springs are on sale right now for $199 and you most lightly would not need to install shocks if you have the 2gen IS. The F springs provide 1" drop so they are pretty much like stock to fit your stock shocks. Also since you live in LA, you can go to Tommy to get it professionally install for $150 for the springs.

Last edited by loftus112; 07-23-09 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 02:05 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by loftus112
Please do not get ripped off by the sealership. The going rate for the F-Sport springs are on sale right now for $199 and you most lightly would not need to install shocks if you have the 2gen IS (it's just basically a mod ver OEM shocks anyways). Also since you live in LA, you can go to Tommy to get it professionally install for $150 for the springs.
Where are you seeing the $199 spring deal? Sewell is listing theirs higher with the 20% discount. And where is Tommy located?
Old 07-23-09, 02:13 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Where are you seeing the $199 spring deal? Sewell is listing theirs higher with the 20% discount. And where is Tommy located?
You can find those prices in the two dealership:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...is-and-gs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...2009-deal.html

Sewell also posted on Ebay selling their springs for $199 + $20 shipping. Btw, Tommy's in El Monte. Do a search and you'll find a lot of info about him.
Old 07-23-09, 02:43 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FYI: If you use promotion code "thenewdeal" on the sewell lexus website, you can get around 32% off all of the fsport accessories. That's where I ordered all of my parts. $1600 for my wheels + lug nuts (includes delivery and tax) If you live outside of Texas, does sewell still apply the tax? sales tax is a bummer, but luckily I have no state income tax

IMO sewell has most of the times good deals going on because of the size of the dealership. Luckily they're very accessible for me seeing as how I live 200 miles away. Come to think of it I've gotten EVERYTHING from sewell, except the redouts. LOL!

Quick Reply: f-sport accessories pricing at dealerships