IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

For those of you with the Lexus caliper stickers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 01:01 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default For those of you with the Lexus caliper stickers

I tried searching around, but didnt really get the answer I was looking for. have a few questions. Stickers are from Moto. I am not willing to paint the calipers.

First, Black car...would you go with grey or black? (I wont consider any other colors)

Second, Looks as if the 2 stickers are the same, which bothers me. One side will read Lexus up, the other down. What looks best?

Third, application. Did you just put the stickers on the caliper? Was a clear coat applied? If so, did you get specific clear coat caliper paint, or just some high heat paint from home depot? If you used caliper clear coat, where did you get it?

Finally, have they endured the abuse?

I think thats all for now, maybe there is already a DIY thread about this, in which I apologize for wasting anyones time, as well as my own. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-28-09, 01:14 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, if you don't wanna paint the calipers but still want opinion on colors? Personally between the two colors, I would go with black. It'll look real clean and match the car but that's just me.

I would have it one up and one down. To me it'll just look wierd and reversed kinda if you do it to one side. Another option is to go to a local graphics shop and have it custom made.

After I painted with high temp caliper paint, I added the decals and put clear over it. I had some regular duplicolor spray on clear leftover and just used that, not the high temp. Still holding up well and shiny

Yup, been about 3 months or so? No flaking or chipping or fading or peeling. And I don't track my car so the regular clear should hold up fine.
Old 07-28-09, 02:04 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i have red ones on my calipers. i just cleaned the calipers, then stuck them on. if you need someone to custom make a set send me a PM, i know someone who can custom do a set. the ones on my car and holding up just fine.
Old 07-28-09, 02:15 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Why ask about color if you dont want to paint the calipers?

Black looks clean and OEM IMHO. I applied stickers after paint and finished with high temp. clear coat. Its been over a year (20k miles) and they still look like new.
Old 07-28-09, 03:03 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rs/ss
Why ask about color if you dont want to paint the calipers?

Black looks clean and OEM IMHO. I applied stickers after paint and finished with high temp. clear coat. Its been over a year (20k miles) and they still look like new.
Because I bought the stickers to put on the stock/unpainted calipers. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 07-28-09, 03:22 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
Because I bought the stickers to put on the stock/unpainted calipers. Thanks for the feedback guys.
gonna look pretty dumb IMO
Old 07-28-09, 03:52 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
gonna look pretty dumb IMO
Why? Ive seen a few others, looked good to me.
Old 07-28-09, 09:18 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusSC430
Well, that clears that up then.

You may want to reconsider painting the caliper though.

It really wont look good unpainted. Anyone who wanted to bring attention to their name or logo on a caliper would paint it first otherwise you just see how unfinished the stock calipers look. The other thing is the sticker may not even adhere well to the stock caliper. Paint it silver if you like that look but definitely paint it you'll be glad you did.
Old 07-28-09, 09:59 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rs/ss
It really wont look good unpainted....
wont look good at all...

*dont know why your against it so much, its really easy to do even if you dont have skillz*