IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is the Lexus is350 an eye candy?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 11:07 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Can I say hater? rofl LOL. Hush if you gonna hate ty. Yes a car is used to go from point a to point b, thats old news.

you've got to be stupid to think that i would "hate" on a car that i've owned since 2006. i just think it's sad and pathetic for someone to buy a car to attract attention from the opposite gender.

but if you're so insecure that you need a car to attract attention from the opposite gender, then by all means go ahead and get yourself a $40k security blanket.
Old 08-06-09, 12:26 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cmon let's play nice now he's new to the forum we should give him a warm welcome!
Old 08-06-09, 02:33 AM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna

you've got to be stupid to think that i would "hate" on a car that i've owned since 2006. i just think it's sad and pathetic for someone to buy a car to attract attention from the opposite gender.

but if you're so insecure that you need a car to attract attention from the opposite gender, then by all means go ahead and get yourself a $40k security blanket.
So I guess most of the people on the forum who mods there car and put kits to stand out are insecure?
Old 08-06-09, 02:41 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aliu603
LOL kenny...I wonder if you were thinking of me when you mentioned USC... >< well as far as I know, me and stonefan are gona be the only ones there...pics coming in about a month when it's all done!!!
LMAO Alex,,,you are the only USC student with Lexus
all of my other friends got Bimmer M3, 335, SLK55AMG, twin turbo 350Z etc....they all go to USC, UCLA, UCSD, UCI...you name it...
i find it funny that some people actually try to use what they have, i.e. cars, to attract the opposite gender,,,,LOL
but I know for sure it works to those who are gold diggers~~~
Old 08-06-09, 06:58 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
So I guess most of the people on the forum who mods there car and put kits to stand out are insecure?

there's a difference between modding a car because of personal preferences and modding a car because of a deficiency in attention from others.

if a person buys a car, and mods it for the sole purpose of attracting attention (and no other purpose besides that), that's a sign of insecurity.

so if YOU bought your 2is and mod it for the sole purpose of attracting attention, that makes YOU insecure and pathetic.

now, had you not failed to read and understand my earlier posts in this thread, you would've understood that.

or is this a sensitive subject for you?
Old 08-06-09, 07:07 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
You should have bought your car 3.5 years ago. Back in 2005, I couldn't park or buy gas without getting peppered with questions and comments. Now the 2IS is so common that it's practically invisible. Like IS-SV said, a few tasteful mods can make it stand out from the crowd.
+1 Bichon, today it's too common, that's why I bought an a SC430, still rare and true eye candy!
Old 08-06-09, 07:30 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by quang
I think most of the people would give positive feedback on this topic bring this is an ISx50 forum. And yes, she looks sexier than my wife everytime I ride on her :P
Better hope your wife doesn't see this thread
Old 08-06-09, 07:32 AM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna

there's a difference between modding a car because of personal preferences and modding a car because of a deficiency in attention from others.

if a person buys a car, and mods it for the sole purpose of attracting attention (and no other purpose besides that), that's a sign of insecurity.

so if YOU bought your 2is and mod it for the sole purpose of attracting attention, that makes YOU insecure and pathetic.

now, had you not failed to read and understand my earlier posts in this thread, you would've understood that.

or is this a sensitive subject for you?
Sensitive subject? relax you want a cookie? No need to be all *****y on the forum unless your going through your period ? And on a side not, im sure when your purchashed or researched about your "2006 is350" you wanted the opinions of your family members or your peers on the car. Is that a sign of insecurity? The whole purpose of this thread is if the is350 appeals to not only you but to other people as well. Also there is a difference between " buying an is and modding it for the sole purpose of attracting attention" or " purhasing an is and modding it for your personal likings and at the same trying to stand out from the crowd and make your car unique that makes the cars attractive to people that "lures attention". I think your the one thats insecure since your posting negative feedbacks. Cased closed -
Old 08-06-09, 09:29 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wtf is this thread supposed to be about anymore............
Old 08-06-09, 11:29 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
LMAO Alex,,,you are the only USC student with Lexus
all of my other friends got Bimmer M3, 335, SLK55AMG, twin turbo 350Z etc....they all go to USC, UCLA, UCSD, UCI...you name it...
i find it funny that some people actually try to use what they have, i.e. cars, to attract the opposite gender,,,,LOL
but I know for sure it works to those who are gold diggers~~~
son of a b**** kenny...whatever LOL i wouldn't trade my car for any of those... M3 is sexy but too expensive in terms of maintenance, etc... the new 335's too long for my tastes, SLK55AMG.. just wtf man gtfo, 350z is a two seater and not practical for my purposes the IS350 is just perfect man...LOL iono though in my opinion, gold diggers would be more attracted to expensive stock cars like the SL500's or whatever else is out there...a modded car looks nice, but is more typical of a younger driver; don't gold diggers want their husbands to die early??
Old 08-06-09, 11:30 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

oh to answer the post though... hell yea it's an eye candy with a few mods
Old 08-06-09, 02:25 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aliu603
son of a b**** kenny...whatever LOL i wouldn't trade my car for any of those... M3 is sexy but too expensive in terms of maintenance, etc... the new 335's too long for my tastes, SLK55AMG.. just wtf man gtfo, 350z is a two seater and not practical for my purposes the IS350 is just perfect man...LOL iono though in my opinion, gold diggers would be more attracted to expensive stock cars like the SL500's or whatever else is out there...a modded car looks nice, but is more typical of a younger driver; don't gold diggers want their husbands to die early??
Haha, I concur!
Old 08-06-09, 02:49 PM
DubK250
Driver School Candidate

Yup. Eye candy.
Even stock: wash it, wax it, try not to look at it. You cant! Me, BSP ftw!
Guys like it, girls like it too. You'll be smilling for a looooong time 'cos of your cars good looks. The interior is something I still cant get over, AWSOME!
Old 08-16-09, 03:53 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha old bump but,

this weekend I was at Rhode Island in Newport, which is like a major tourist district, and as I was trying to park my car at a restaurant right up in the wharf's seafood area surrounded by people, a girl and her guy friend walked past, and all I heard was the girl telling me through the passenger window "I want your car". Literally 3 seconds later, another girl walks past my driver side with a guy and she tells me through my driver window nice car.

My gf was like HMPH
Old 08-16-09, 04:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night I was out for dinner and the valet park in front of the hotel was full (per the sign). So I paid $20 and they left it parked out front with the Lambos, Ferraris, etc. for 4 hours. So IS350's are ok.