Changes for 2010 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 08:05 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
there is no word change or expansion of words for sedan or coupe
the definition for Sedan and Coupe has been and is still 4 door and 2 door in that order.
the articles you referred to was the author merely describing the car having the sleekness of a Coupe but yet it has 4 doors.
At no point did the author used the word COUPE to define a 4 door Sedan

There are clearly cases in which some cars are described as four door coupes. You presented a counter argument to the benz article but not to the other links.

Here's yet ANOTHER article using the term "four door coupe" to describe the car:

http://luxvelocity.typepad.com/luxve...oupe-game.html

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to argue. You haven't told me or anyone else anything new.

Are you trying to argue that there are 0 cars out there that can best be described as "four door coupe"? If so, then you're wrong.

There clearly are, and I was trying to enlighten people to this new term because I know it's not common for people to associate any sort of four door car with the word "coupe" because it's counterintuitive at first.

Words evolve over time. And in some isolated cases, coupe is a word that has evolved to encompass more than "2 doors." Done, end.

Stop trying to argue what you aren't familiar with/clearly don't understand.
Old 08-13-09, 08:14 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know one thing for sure ! headup display as an option!
Old 08-13-09, 08:25 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
There are clearly cases in which some cars are described as four door coupes. You presented a counter argument to the benz article but not to the other links.

Here's yet ANOTHER article using the term "four door coupe" to describe the car:

http://luxvelocity.typepad.com/luxve...oupe-game.html

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to argue. You haven't told me or anyone else anything new.

Are you trying to argue that there are 0 cars out there that can best be described as "four door coupe"? If so, then you're wrong.

There clearly are, and I was trying to enlighten people to this new term because I know it's not common for people to associate any sort of four door car with the word "coupe" because it's counterintuitive at first.

Words evolve over time. And in some isolated cases, coupe is a word that has evolved to encompass more than "2 doors." Done, end.

Stop trying to argue what you aren't familiar with/clearly don't understand.
In your initial post you defined an IS x50 as an COUPE when it clearly isn't
then you tried to back up your claim by stating that it COUPE is used to describe 4 door SEDANS as well. Everyone tried to explain to you that it is not.
Then you again tried to back up your claim that there is such definition that COUPE = 4 door by referring articles that the author use the term 4 DOOR COUPE as an oxymoron to describe the sleekness of the car

This is not about the word COUPE evolving because it did not. It was just used differently to give readers an image of the car.

The author could refer a Volvo sedan to a boxy looking car as " 4 door BOX"
does it mean i can define my IS has a "box"??

and i am not saying there is no such term as "4 door coupe" people can describe things as they want. But what me and everyone else is trying to show u is your use to define a Lexus IS X50 sedan as a coupe is wrong

There is no evolution of words here .. just a author's creative use of a oxymoron for readers

stop being so stubborn and continue to argue what you misunderstood
Old 08-13-09, 08:36 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

no offense but your comprehension is so weak it's not even worth my time trying to explain your ignorance.
Old 08-13-09, 08:42 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
no offense but your comprehension is so weak it's not even worth my time trying to explain your ignorance.
That's what i'd say if i realize i made a fool out of myself even after people tried to explain and correct me

take your distorted version of the English dictionary and stubborn ego somewhere else
we speak proper English here on this forum. Do not blame or try to correct us when you can't define what is a coupe and what is a sedan.

and perhaps my comprehension is weak because i am trying to comprehend a fool's version of the English language

Last edited by panda327; 08-13-09 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-13-09, 09:26 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 731 Likes on 503 Posts

Calling a car a 4 door coupe is just an excuse to create a sedan with crappy rear headroom and sell it to the masses.
Old 08-13-09, 09:32 PM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You should be able to stream music via bluetooth from your phone or MP3 player. I was able to do this in a 2010 RX350 that I drove as a loaner.
Old 08-13-09, 09:46 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by twixx007
You should be able to stream music via bluetooth from your phone or MP3 player. I was able to do this in a 2010 RX350 that I drove as a loaner.
I bet you that feature is just disabled, because most BT 2.0 setups are a2dp compatible.
Old 08-13-09, 10:23 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

That's what i'd say if i realize i made a fool out of myself even after people tried to explain and correct me

take your distorted version of the English dictionary and stubborn ego somewhere else
we speak proper English here on this forum. Do not blame or try to correct us when you can't define what is a coupe and what is a sedan.

and perhaps my comprehension is weak because i am trying to comprehend a fool's version of the English language
lololol u mad
Old 08-13-09, 11:39 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I want those "F-Version" seats And i kind of want the new navigation but i can live without it
Let's all hope nigel will come out with an "F-Version" front seats group buy!!!

I'm dying to have some huge side bolsters keeping me in one place when cornering.
Old 08-13-09, 11:52 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

2010 IS japan have a version called Version F and it comes with the IS-F blue
and these IS-F seats ..

... it also comes with a IS-F spoiler
Yeup.. I saw this last week while pulling all the 2010 IS-F pics off the site..

I guess when you have an overstock of seats and wings, you end up making an IS250/IS350 with Version F options.

Which are parts from the IS-F bins

Joe Z
Old 08-14-09, 07:58 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I guess when you have an overstock of seats and wings, you end up making an IS250/IS350 with Version F options.

Joe Z
Joe, I think the better answer might be, Lexus offer's a package similar to BMW's M Sport package available on the BMW 335i. The BMW package, Like the Lexus package, offer's various bits and pieces from it's higher priced and higher performing sibling. IMHO, that may not be a bad move

Lou
Old 08-14-09, 09:35 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Joe, I think the better answer might be, Lexus offer's a package similar to BMW's M Sport package available on the BMW 335i. The BMW package, Like the Lexus package, offer's various bits and pieces from it's higher priced and higher performing sibling. IMHO, that may not be a bad move

Lou
Well.. I see your point, and its a good one...

But, I also know that we won't be seeing the IS250/IS350 F Version here in the USA any time soon.....

Its just the Seats, Grill design, Trunk Spoiler, Steering Wheel & Door Sills for the Sedan.

Japan gets all the cool stuff, we don't..

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-14-09 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-14-09, 09:37 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 731 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Japan gets all the cool stuff, we don't..

Joe Z
Agreed, just look at the JDM fogs
Old 08-14-09, 09:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allen K
Agreed, just look at the JDM fogs
That reminds me I have to start custom installing those into my F bumper..

Quick Reply: Changes for 2010 IS350