IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How was your modded ISX50 treated at Lexus service dept?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 12:59 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How was your modded ISX50 treated at Lexus service dept?

I still have lot of driving to do before I hit the 5k miles service check up, but I'm already starting to worry how the technicians/service guys at Lexus will treat my modded IS.

From your past experienced, did they take care of your ISX50?

FYI: I had my AMG serviced at Autobahn Motors in Belmont, CA...believe it or not, my father spotted my AMG at Carls Jr. The technician used my car to buy his lunch. My dad waited for the technician to get in my car and said, "this is my son's car. Is it ok in your policy to use customer's car to buy your lunch?" My dad said tech was speechless...dad followed him back to the dealership to talk to his manager. Never again will I take my AMG to Autobahn Motors.
Old 08-07-09, 01:14 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

It really depends on the dealership. The service advisors may be very friendly, but its difficult to tell of the actual technician will treat your car right. Anywho, its a Lexus dealership so if anything is wrong, you can raise hell and they WILL take care of it.

I noticed your in the Bay Area, I would recommend taking to Magnussens Lexus in Fremont.
Old 08-07-09, 01:15 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd say it depends on the dealership, but they shouldn't have any real reason to deny service, unless they are concerned the part being serviced is related to, or affected by your mods.

I just had my car brought in for the cam gear issue, and there were no quarrels with getting it done, at all. Afterwards, my service manager (who is a knowledgeable guy) and I talked shop for 10 minutes about any future Lexus backed factory modifications, since mine wasn't stock. I thanked him for being helpful, as usual, and all was fine.
Old 08-07-09, 01:24 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

That's what scares me! Every dealership has a different story and they shouldn't if they all follow the same guidelines.

I like to take your advice and go to Magnussen in Fremont, however, I live closer to Serramonte and Putnam Lexus. Any stories with these two dealerships?

Last edited by JVT; 08-07-09 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 01:26 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Hard question to answer because it all depends on the service technician who services your car. Usually the service advisors are friendly. When you mention aftermarket parts on your vehicle, they usually they say they don't touch them or go near them. Other then that, everything should be fine.

Furthermore, it depends on what mods you have on your IS. For example, if your car is on coil overs and sits pretty low, they might have give you an excuse not to service your car if you were going in for an oil change etc due to the fact that the car is so low.

I woudl suggest to take it in and see what happens. It wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens. Sorry to hear about your AMG and Carls Jr. Sad. Good luck though.
Old 08-07-09, 01:35 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought my lexus at lexus of serramonte, and my service department is also there. last time i went in, the people are the service department were very friendly. even the cashiers! WOW??? that i am suprised. because i was so lost about who i should talk to , i asked a cashier if she can get anybody to help me. and she ran around the place asking if anybody was free to help me! then a representative talked to me and we walked to my car, i told him what my concern was. we poped opened my hood and he explained and gave me some information. he believed that my car was fine, my problem was due to the gas pump overflowed causing not even gas being put into my gas tank. but he offered me " hey if you are not convinced, i am happy to take your car for a day for our mechanics to take a look at it. and i will give you a loaner for the day". i was very happy that they were so NICE!

Last edited by someboy; 08-07-09 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 01:37 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Ohh, that's a shame about your AMG!

The service advisor down here has given me a bit of hell by giving his opinion if my mod looks good or not, even though I didn't really ask for his opinion. Albeit, no one in my area mods high end cars, and most of the people driving a Lexus is a soccer mom/accomplished middle aged man/woman.

Yet, I don't really take my car to Lexus anymore for service. I find it simply wasteful spending close to 100 dollars for an oil change; I have a trusted technician do my some of my services for me.
Old 08-07-09, 01:40 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

Wow... what a douchebag I hope he got fired ><

Personally, I don't think they care all that much. Like people have said, it really depends on the technician that is working on your car. Some might enjoy working with a nicer looking car, while others might find it offensive that you would dare to try and improve upon an already great vehicle...*shrug* it all depends. The Lexus at Stevens' Creek Service Center in Santa Clara isn't bad actually, I don't know if it's customary, but they took me home once and even picked me up when the car was done and I live about 30 minutes away. Hope this helps, and sorry about your AMG
Old 08-07-09, 01:52 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

wow it cost 100 dollars for an oil change ? thats rip off ! well i only go to lexus because i still have around 3 years of warranty
Old 08-07-09, 01:59 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Thanks fellez!! I dont know if MBZ tech got fired; I'm just happy he got caught in the act and no damage was done to my AMG.

Majority of the advisors are friendly and thats because they have to; they are first impression of company. Its' the techs I worry about because they don't have to talk to us. If the techs were introduced to the customers, similar to going to the hospital, you talk to the receptionist then you see the doctor. I bet a lot of dealerships will have less complaints.
Old 08-07-09, 02:15 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

last time i visited the dealership the service advisers and technicians that wrap ur seats and drive ur car back were staring at my car. checking out the GFX kit, the tanabe exhaust, the F sport suspension, etc and even started my car up and asked me permission to rev it up because they wanted to hear it lol. so i said sure why not, they were all at awe, glad my dealership is mod friendly or ..... likes mods or whatever. the technician did haul *** but its all good i do the same, if he ****s it up lexus will pay for damage
Old 08-07-09, 02:27 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

No problems at Westside Lexus in Houston. However they took about 4 days to do all the recalls including the brake pads. I got an IS250 which saved me some gas. I didnt put out a dime.

Forgot to say that I have the GFX kit, JoeZ intake, tanabe exhaust and the Jun TW roof spoiler and the F sport ****.
Old 08-07-09, 03:34 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by benzo555
No problems at Westside Lexus in Houston. However they took about 4 days to do all the recalls including the brake pads. I got an IS250 which saved me some gas. I didnt put out a dime.

Forgot to say that I have the GFX kit, JoeZ intake, tanabe exhaust and the Jun TW roof spoiler and the F sport ****.

They must have been very busy cause my recalls took 4 hours.
Old 08-07-09, 04:58 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

hmmm. Well I DID buy the car from lexus of glendale, and buy and have them install all the f-sport stuff back then. They requested if I could be in a photo with the car... so i did hahaha.

Now i took off the darn f-sport shocks and springs and put on JIC coils, added halos in headlights

Not sure if its wise to go back there

Edit: History with them back then.

I got a flat tire one time and realized brakes would not clear the spare tire. Argued with them, got 2 new michellin ps2s with another f-sport rim as my spare. (no charge)

Last edited by DaKi3241; 08-07-09 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 05:06 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

well theres a fellow CL member that works as a tech at my local Lexus dealer. He treats my car great lol...

Quick Reply: How was your modded ISX50 treated at Lexus service dept?