IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Luxury package!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 08:47 AM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury package!

Its been 3 days since my new car. When I was at the dealer picking up my car, the salesman and I went over to my 2009 is350 and went over thing such as navigation, how the car works, etc. I realized that my steering wheel was not power steering wheel. I had a latch underneath the steering wheel where I had to adjust the wheel to my comfort mechanically. Does the luxury package come with power steering wheel? If so should I contact my salesman right away and complain?!
Old 08-09-09, 09:05 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2007 Luxury Package came with NAV and everything else...minus power steering wheel. Look online or at the sticker to see if it should come with power steering or not.
Old 08-09-09, 09:14 AM
jonw440
Driver School Candidate

Luxury Package includes:

Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column in all models.
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html
Old 08-09-09, 09:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,352 Posts

I'd venture to say you don't have the Luxury Package. Do you have memory seats (the 3 buttons on both front doors)? What does your window sticker say?

Lou
Old 08-09-09, 09:47 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

I'm a bit surprised Lexus sells vehicles without power steering?!
Old 08-09-09, 09:49 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
Yes, indeed, very surprising indeed.

Last edited by CRB; 08-09-09 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-09-09, 10:12 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,917 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
Originally Posted by CRB
Yes, indeed, very surprising indeed.
Gosh Guys It's Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column. Not Power Steering Yes, every Lexus and I believe every Toyota sold in the US has Power Steering

Lou
Old 08-09-09, 10:14 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by stonefan52
My 2007 Luxury Package came with NAV and everything else...minus power steering wheel. Look online or at the sticker to see if it should come with power steering or not.
Your car does not have Luxury pkg. Nav has nothing do with Luxury pkg. If you DON'T have telescoping steering wheel, memory seats, rear sunshade then it's not Lux pkg.
Old 08-09-09, 10:17 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Gosh Guys It's Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column. Not Power Steering Yes, every Lexus and I believe every Toyota sold in the US has Power Steering

Lou
Haha Thanks Lou
This most def. clears up my confusion.
Old 08-09-09, 10:28 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt you have the lexury package if you do not have the Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column as it and the memory seats supposed to work with the Lexus Memory System
Old 08-09-09, 10:56 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

Lou
I was kidding. But I shouldn't have thrown the line out about the crank start and removed any doubt.

Without power steering a vehicle the weight of an IS350 would be pert near un-drivable at parking lot speeds. The ~2100 .lb circa '86 Honda Civic wagon my family used to have was even a real bear w/o power steering.
Old 08-09-09, 12:04 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Its been 3 days since my new car. When I was at the dealer picking up my car, the salesman and I went over to my 2009 is350 and went over thing such as navigation, how the car works, etc. I realized that my steering wheel was not power steering wheel. I had a latch underneath the steering wheel where I had to adjust the wheel to my comfort mechanically. Does the luxury package come with power steering wheel? If so should I contact my salesman right away and complain?!
Lux pkg has power tilt, along with rear sunshade, rain sensing wipers, memory seats, illuminated scuff plates. RWD has wood trim too, I think. If your invoice said Lux Pkg, of course you should complain. If it did not, what exactly would you complain about??
Old 08-09-09, 12:08 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stonefan52
No it didn't. Lux Pkg is totally unrelated to nav. Lux Pkg has always included power tilt/telescope. Power tilt telescope means you have either Lux or Sport Pkg, and if you don't have power tilt, you don't have either of those pkgs.
Old 08-09-09, 09:27 PM
kl323
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure if its because of the way the IS 350s are built. I'm looking at an "new vehicle inquiry sheet." It shows the VIN as well as the packages that are equipped on the car.

For this particular one I see---

FL: 18" 5 spoke wheel.
HW: Headlamp washer.
PA Intuitive Park Assist
Z1 Prefer Accessory Package
HL: HID HdLamp
NV: Nav System
PT Premium Package.

So there is NO Luxury package. My salesman said, very confidently, that my car would come with memory seat, power tilt steering wheel. When I asked if I would be getting the rear power sunshade, he said he was unsure.

When he said that, I had to think a little. I recall people saying that if you see memory seats, thats the first telltale sign that you have the luxury package...

When I call the guy again tomorrow, I'm going to have him double check what the car has.
Old 08-09-09, 10:02 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Correct, that car has the premium package (order code PT), not the luxury package (order code LT).

Quick Reply: Luxury package!