IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Loaner Car-2009 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 08:20 AM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner Car-2009 IS250

Well I got my loaner this past weekend and at first impression i liked the car. Very different compared to my RX330.

2009 IS250
Ext:Starfire Pearl
Int: Black
Navi/no ML
No memory seats! (This is a useful tool for me because my wife and I both drive)

After driving the car for a few days I realized that the 2.5 liter V6 really does not have enough oomph. It doesnt really have any go to it, i felt that it was sluggish and the rear wheel drive took a second or two to realize that i want to push the car. Aside from this aspect of the car I really do like the exterior styling. The 2009 has the new tailights and turn signals on the side mirrors. The interior however is kind of dissapointing it seems plain to me even with the navigation, however, I do like the touch screen on the navigation. Wish my RX had navigation and I especially miss the bluetooth so that is a great feature to have. Overall for compact sport sedan I would give it a 7/10.

Any thoughts? First impressions?

Last edited by Iqraam; 08-10-09 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-10-09, 08:59 AM
LexAccess
Driver School Candidate

True, the 250 is pretty doggish. Try flipping the ECT switch into sport. It gives the transmission a little bit better of a jump on the upshift.

I also wish the stock stereo had a little more oomph.
Enjoy it until you have to give it back.
Old 08-10-09, 09:16 AM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Yea I think I will use the ECT switch...will give it a try this afternoon.
Old 08-10-09, 11:07 AM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

350 ftw still it looks awesome though u gotta admit hahaah
Old 08-10-09, 11:16 AM
Iqraam
Pole Position

yea i love the styling of the second gen IS...definately a winner in my book!
Old 08-10-09, 11:21 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iqraam
Well I got my loaner this past weekend and at first impression i liked the car. Very different compared to my RX330.

2009 IS250
Ext:Starfire Pearl
Int: Black
Navi/no ML
No memory seats! (This is a useful tool for me because my wife and I both drive)
I've drove about 10 different loaners now, from ES, IS, GS and RX never have I seen one with ML on a loaner .

After driving the car for a few days I realized that the 2.5 liter V6 really does not have enough oomph. It doesnt really have any go to it, i felt that it was sluggish and the rear wheel drive took a second or two to realize that i want to push the car.
As for delay in power, drive by wire system maybe to blame for that, just maybe, but like like some of the IS250 owners have mention power is a bit under for the 250. You can always call ahead to the dealership and ask to reserve a IS350 or GS to drive as a loaner next time, I do that all the time when I have to take my RX in for service
Old 08-10-09, 11:31 AM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Thanx for the info mowmow, however usually when I get a loaner its usually something that occurs at that moment...i never anticipate needing a loaner...but i will keep that in mind next time...i would love to get the new RX or a GS as a loaner...that would be awesome!
Old 08-10-09, 11:48 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iqraam
Thanx for the info mowmow, however usually when I get a loaner its usually something that occurs at that moment...i never anticipate needing a loaner...but i will keep that in mind next time...i would love to get the new RX or a GS as a loaner...that would be awesome!
No problem, don't you have to schedule an appointment for service ?
When you made the appointment ask for the specific loaner car you want. One time they ran out of 2010 RX and gave me a 2010 ES350 to drive, I went back the same day later to switch out to the 2010 RX once they got hold of one.
( the dealership is some what less than 15 mins from my work so it' s do-able)
Old 08-10-09, 11:51 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexAccess
True, the 250 is pretty doggish. Try flipping the ECT switch into sport. It gives the transmission a little bit better of a jump on the upshift.

I also wish the stock stereo had a little more oomph.
Enjoy it until you have to give it back.

Can you keep the "sport mode" on all the time or not recommended?
Old 08-10-09, 11:53 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

try the IS350....
Old 08-10-09, 11:53 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

I just take whatever they give me.
Old 08-10-09, 12:18 PM
LexAccess
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JVT
Can you keep the "sport mode" on all the time or not recommended?
I know plenty of people who never turn it off. The service reps at my dealership never said anything. Lexus would never allow an owner to adjust a setting that put it out of the standard performance realm. Even in the IS-F with all the settings off, the car is still operating within expected parameters.
Old 08-10-09, 12:25 PM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mowmow
No problem, don't you have to schedule an appointment for service ?
When you made the appointment ask for the specific loaner car you want. One time they ran out of 2010 RX and gave me a 2010 ES350 to drive, I went back the same day later to switch out to the 2010 RX once they got hold of one.
( the dealership is some what less than 15 mins from my work so it' s do-able)
Yea i do call to make an appointment in this case i had made an appointment for them to just adjust my headlights but then while i was there i asked them to figure out my tranny shifting problem with that gen RX. RX owners can relate to this problem. Anyways so they decided to keep the car on Saturday and wait for their shop foreman to take a look at my RX this week. So i just took whatever they had. Its always exciting to me to be able to drive other Lexus models around for free!
Old 08-10-09, 01:26 PM
SDGLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

At least you still got a Lexus as a loaner. Here in Kearny Mesa Lexus in San Diego, they will give you Toyota Camry. I complained to my service advisor about it and he said, "You know Lexus is Toyota right?" And I said,"I know but I don't pay Toyota price for my Lexus either."
Old 08-10-09, 01:53 PM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SDGLEXUS
At least you still got a Lexus as a loaner. Here in Kearny Mesa Lexus in San Diego, they will give you Toyota Camry. I complained to my service advisor about it and he said, "You know Lexus is Toyota right?" And I said,"I know but I don't pay Toyota price for my Lexus either."
That sucks man but funny what you said.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car-2009 IS250