IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Electrical Problem? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 01:03 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Problem? Help!

I bought my 2006 IS350 used with 14k miles on it, had a carfax on it, and it seemed completely fine. The car is currently stock except for it having an f-sport intake.

Ever since I bought it though, it seemed to have this problem as to where if I went around a corner a bit fast, the interior lights would flash at me with a "DING" at the same time, then all the doors in my car would unlock.

This has progressed lately to whenever I back out of my driveway, I have a bit of a drop off the curb, and no matter how slow I go, it still does this light flashing/dinging/door unlocking along with if I was to go around a corner a bit faster than normal, or if I hit a pothole (Thanks Houston for having such unpredictable roads!).

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old 08-18-09, 02:12 AM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I have a 06 IS350 too, but never had such a weird problem. I'm pretty sure if you're under warranty they could inspect it and figure out what is going on.
Old 08-18-09, 09:42 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Sounds like it thinks a door or trunk has been opened or the car has been put in park..

Thats going to be easy to replicate for the dealer techs..

If the car is still with in warranty, they should have no problems fixing it..

Just be aware that if they find the car was hit & repaired incorrectly, they may void warranty repairs..

.. unless you bought it Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) at a Lexus Delearship.

Joe Z
Old 08-21-09, 06:15 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Ok, took it to Lexus and since there were no places near by for me to duplicate the problem, they pretty much told me "sorry, can't help you".

So after finding a location that causes it to duplicate the problem EVERY single time here are the specs of it:

I have to be turning to the right and it seems to be related to body roll and the car's body having to dip down due to the incline since it's like this:

(Except with a little more of a steep incline)

Also, my car has died twice, including today, for no apparent reasoning. No lights being left on, ect.

Also, let me re specify what happens after I go up an incline like previously "shown". The car dings, interior lights show up, all doors unlock (these three things at the same time) and then my car makes the same beeping sound twice as if you were to unlock the door.

Guess, any other additional comments?
Really hoping I don't have a big problem with it.
Old 08-21-09, 06:35 PM
hmsis250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does you car have an aftermarket alarm? Maybe the door trigger wire is shorting or possibly a bad trunk/hood/door trigger. I would start your car and let it run. Then I would go to each door and give it a light push to see if the problem occurs. Then once you found the problem you can go from there! ????? just a thought!
Old 08-21-09, 10:11 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hmsis250
does you car have an aftermarket alarm? Maybe the door trigger wire is shorting or possibly a bad trunk/hood/door trigger. I would start your car and let it run. Then I would go to each door and give it a light push to see if the problem occurs. Then once you found the problem you can go from there! ????? just a thought!
Car does not have aftermarket alarm.

But I'll take your advise... but first I need to jump or charge it in the morning.