IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Going up hill driveways at an angle: How do you coilver brotha's deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 01:12 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex v2.5.0
areukhmr and i shaved the tab quite a bit to help prevent it from rubbing much on his new setup. the only option you have now since your tab is broken is fabricate your own tab and angle it up so it doesnt rub against it. pm me your information, i'll be up north this weekend we'll take a look at it and help you figure out a solution to your problem.
If you don't mind, would you diagnose a battle plan for me too? lolll
Old 10-07-09, 01:17 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stevoe88
If you don't mind, would you diagnose a battle plan for me too? lolll
yeah sure, pm me pictures of what your problem is. if you're local i'll help you fabricate something
Old 10-07-09, 01:20 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah sure, pm me pictures of what your problem is. if you're local i'll help you fabricate something
It's just rubbing on the inside liner + the fender bolt. I don't know if I should roll my fenders or not. I'm in norcal though
Old 10-07-09, 08:15 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

i just relocate my mounting bolt yesterday. Drill new holes future back threw the bumper and fender, then cut the old mounting point off. Help me out allot. Im on 19x9+21 in the front +slammed.
Old 10-07-09, 08:18 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Can you explain to me in more detail your setup or have pictures of it? Ive been wondering how to relocate it.

Originally Posted by obby
i just relocate my mounting bolt yesterday. Drill new holes future back threw the bumper and fender, then cut the old mounting point off. Help me out allot. Im on 19x9+21 in the front +slammed.
Old 10-07-09, 08:45 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

i dont have pixs, but if you take a look at the mounting tap where the 10mm bolt up the bumper to the fender. All you need to do is unbolt that bolt, remove the plastic on the fender where the bolt screw in to (holding the bumper and fender together), drill a new hole further back ( toward the front end), get a new set of bolt/nut ( i used a 10mm bolt), bolt the bumper back up using the new location, and cut off as much as possible of the old mounting point.. hope that help.. GL bro.
Old 10-07-09, 10:01 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ yes this works. i've done. i've conquered.
Old 10-07-09, 10:26 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Ok, I kind of get it. You drill a new hole into the bumper? and then bolt the bumper back up to what tho? Before you had to use the tab that was connected to the fender. Now what do you bolt the bumper to? Do you just throw away the old plastic that use screwed into? Did you have to take the bumper off to do this? Sorry for the questions, i just want to make sure im doin this right. Thanks

Originally Posted by obby
i dont have pixs, but if you take a look at the mounting tap where the 10mm bolt up the bumper to the fender. All you need to do is unbolt that bolt, remove the plastic on the fender where the bolt screw in to (holding the bumper and fender together), drill a new hole further back ( toward the front end), get a new set of bolt/nut ( i used a 10mm bolt), bolt the bumper back up using the new location, and cut off as much as possible of the old mounting point.. hope that help.. GL bro.
Old 10-07-09, 10:41 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

areukhmr and i shaved the tab quite a bit to help prevent it from rubbing much on his new setup. the only option you have now since your tab is broken is fabricate your own tab and angle it up so it doesnt rub against it. if you can get pictures of what your fender looks like now i'll figure out a way where we can tap a new tab for you to hold your bumper to your fender
wow...fabricating a new tab? is it possible for a diy? my mechanical skills are
Old 10-08-09, 05:55 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jnguyen87
Ok, I kind of get it. You drill a new hole into the bumper? and then bolt the bumper back up to what tho? Before you had to use the tab that was connected to the fender. Now what do you bolt the bumper to? Do you just throw away the old plastic that use screwed into? Did you have to take the bumper off to do this? Sorry for the questions, i just want to make sure im doin this right. Thanks
removing bumper is not require. You drill threw the bumper and the fender (There are enough space back there for a new hole). Once new hole is made used a new screw with a nut to hold the bumper and fender together, then cut off the rest. Ill try to get pixs later. GL