IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best price for leftover 09 IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 11:39 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Steps to getting a good deal:

1. Walk in with a set number, usually 1000 below invoice.
2. Tell the dealer salesman you want X car.
3. Dealer takes down your number and information before they talk numbers, then tells you that price you want is impossible etc etc.
4. Leave, go home, get a call within 48 hrs.

Patience is virtue.

Usually they won't settle on your number, but they usually keep trying to get you halfway. Just keep saying your price and eventually you'll end up paying a little more than 1000 below invoice, but hey, you got a good deal! Both cars bought for 1000 below invoice or a little more, gotta relook at the papers.
Old 09-09-09, 06:48 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW I must have got mine for a steal got mine in feb 2009 it was a 2008 IS250 6mt sticker 33,200 got it for 28,000
Old 09-09-09, 07:45 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott22
WOW I must have got mine for a steal got mine in feb 2009 it was a 2008 IS250 6mt sticker 33,200 got it for 28,000
Not especially... Invoice on a base manual 250 is only 28k to begin with and with a 33.2k sticker it didn't have many options on it... and it was a 6-months left over manual (which almost nobody buys on the 2IS)
Old 09-09-09, 08:19 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thetrex
wow that is exactly what some people told me.

36k OTD for w/e it is that came with my package. But you know what, I called around and asked people and it seemed like no one had the color variation I wanted so that was probably why I got stuck with my price. I mean if I picked a less popular color and interior I would have gotten a cheaper price, but I guess you have to buy what you want to drive and not what you want to pay.

And no, I tried to get a is350 with nav, prem and all that good stuff for 40K OTD, dealer wouldn't do it. No dealer would do it. Believe me I made a trillion calls over the span of a month trying to find the best deal.

Sorry, I will try to take a picture for you when I can and post it.
In regards to IS250s, the dealers will only negotiate on certain colors - colors that are not in demand. They definitely will NOT negotiate on colors that have rare combo...such as Starfire with Cashmere interior, Matador Red with Alpine White interior, etc...these are colors that are special ordered.

In regards to IS350s...they can not negotiate a great deal because they only have so much in stock. The time I was looking for an IS250, they only had 5 IS350s and a lot of IS250s.
Old 09-09-09, 01:09 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JVT
In regards to IS250s, the dealers will only negotiate on certain colors - colors that are not in demand. They definitely will NOT negotiate on colors that have rare combo...such as Starfire with Cashmere interior, Matador Red with Alpine White interior, etc...these are colors that are special ordered.

In regards to IS350s...they can not negotiate a great deal because they only have so much in stock. The time I was looking for an IS250, they only had 5 IS350s and a lot of IS250s.
Probably need to find a better dealer then.

Mine was special ordered -exactly- with what I wanted and at an excellent price (well below MSRP)
Old 09-09-09, 01:21 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Probably need to find a better dealer then.

Mine was special ordered -exactly- with what I wanted and at an excellent price (well below MSRP)
You are absolutely right, you can get a great deal with special orders as well, BUT, you will have to wait 3-4 mos/maybe even longer for delivery.

That being said the "special ordered" IS that are sitting at the dealerships now; in most cases they will not negotiate a great deal.
Old 09-09-09, 01:40 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

wow that is exactly what some people told me.

36k OTD for w/e it is that came with my package. But you know what, I called around and asked people and it seemed like no one had the color variation I wanted so that was probably why I got stuck with my price. I mean if I picked a less popular color and interior I would have gotten a cheaper price, but I guess you have to buy what you want to drive and not what you want to pay.

And no, I tried to get a is350 with nav, prem and all that good stuff for 40K OTD, dealer wouldn't do it. No dealer would do it. Believe me I made a trillion calls over the span of a month trying to find the best deal.

Sorry, I will try to take a picture for you when I can and post it.
I think you're not trying hard enough. I know few cl's member who actually paid $41k fully loaded for their is350. As for is250 paying 40k would be too much.

But is too late now since you bought it already. but im sure most member can back me up on it.
Old 09-09-09, 01:48 PM
silentbob
Driver

got my 09 250 in socal for 32K flat before tax/title with premium, nav, 18's back in may, so hopefully you can do better than that on leftovers...
Old 09-15-09, 03:25 PM
LexusRuss
Pole Position

There's no such thing as a great deal. A deal is as good as you think it is. Toyota doesn't have to offer rebates to sell their cars nor do they have to pull down their pants to get people to buy them. Do your research and go in to the a dealer prepared to leave if your fair price isn't met. If your price isn't fair, don't expect the dealer to lose money to sell to you a car. The biggest myth in the car business is that dealers make THOUSANDS of dollars whenever they sell a car and that's just the biggest joke. The manufacturer makes THOUSANDS, the dealers make hundreds but, they carry the biggest risk.

I'm a former car salesman who understands both sides of a sale. If you keep that in mind, everyone should come out ahead. Good luck!
Old 09-15-09, 10:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusRuss
There's no such thing as a great deal. A deal is as good as you think it is. Toyota doesn't have to offer rebates to sell their cars nor do they have to pull down their pants to get people to buy them. Do your research and go in to the a dealer prepared to leave if your fair price isn't met. If your price isn't fair, don't expect the dealer to lose money to sell to you a car. The biggest myth in the car business is that dealers make THOUSANDS of dollars whenever they sell a car and that's just the biggest joke. The manufacturer makes THOUSANDS, the dealers make hundreds but, they carry the biggest risk.

I'm a former car salesman who understands both sides of a sale. If you keep that in mind, everyone should come out ahead. Good luck!
It's not the concern or responsibilty of the car buyer if the dealer or manufacturer is the one making the money. If those two entities have created the rules as they are (hidden rebates, hiding costs, bonuses, spiffs, etc), I say let them suffer the consequences when the select few educated customers walk in ready to save as much money as possible. For every saavy, educated, and well-prepared buyer, there are ten other uneducated buyers healthily supporting dealer and manufacturer profits.
Old 09-16-09, 01:31 AM
norcal_c
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spend the extra money and get an is350... Almost 100 more HP... I got a used 07 is350 for $31k out the door with 24k miles. I like that better than the newer IS250 that I was looking at.
Old 09-16-09, 10:33 AM
LexusRuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It's not the concern or responsibilty of the car buyer if the dealer or manufacturer is the one making the money. If those two entities have created the rules as they are (hidden rebates, hiding costs, bonuses, spiffs, etc), I say let them suffer the consequences when the select few educated customers walk in ready to save as much money as possible. For every saavy, educated, and well-prepared buyer, there are ten other uneducated buyers healthily supporting dealer and manufacturer profits.
The first sentence sounds sooo good, if only it were TRUE. Buyers enter dealerships CONCERNED about how much money the DEALER is making which is why they spend multiple hours going in circles over $200 bucks or whatever the amount is. No one ever thinks about the cost of advertising, the money being borrowed from the manufacturer to occupy the space to sell the car etc. You can ask for spiff money until your face turns blue; it means nothing because they don't get the spiff, it they don't hit the designated number. Every coin has TWO sides.

Besides, there is NOTHING hidden in the age of the internet.

The point I was making is that if you've done your homework then you should come out ahead. Everyone is in business to profit. Don't let your "educated bargaining abilities" stop there. Next time you buy a pair of jeans, make sure you don't spend more than $4 dollars since that's the TRUE cost. Or a carton of milk, an airline ticket, a movie ticket, a new pair of shoes...anything. If you need gas and the gas station near you is too high, what would do you do? Would you go inside and argue with the attendant that a barrel of gas is only 60 bucks? Why should anyone make any money for the products or services they offer? Squeeze the life out of all of them.

Once they can't afford to operate, you'll have one less choice to make. With fewer choices come HIGHER prices. Take your pick.

Or, you can do as I suggested. Go into the dealer armed with the knowledge needed to get a deal. When they don't meet your fair price, move on to a dealer that will.

Last edited by LexusRuss; 09-16-09 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 01:09 PM
07SGM
Driver School Candidate

it depends on what you want to buy. I would really hurry up and buy one if you want the color you want.

Because some colors like the starfire pearl are still going hot because they don't have many left.

I managed to pick up one of the only black/black left that came into the port like 2 weeks ago and I can tell you OTD it cost me more than I wanted. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40.
dude you got RIPPED off! I was looking at 09's about 4-5 months ago. I got a quote on one with Premium, nav, hid's for $37k OTD. Sucks for you. Maybe you should have done more research. I spent a good 8 months looking for my perfect fit.
Old 09-16-09, 06:06 PM
flk 1
Driver School Candidate

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on what would be a fair price for a 2010 IS350 with nav, starfire pearl/gray leather/gray bird's eye maple, purchased this month? Yes, I know it would be cheaper to go for a 2009, but I just gotta have that streaming bluetooth audio!
Old 09-16-09, 09:17 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flk 1
I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on what would be a fair price for a 2010 IS350 with nav, starfire pearl/gray leather/gray bird's eye maple, purchased this month? Yes, I know it would be cheaper to go for a 2009, but I just gotta have that streaming bluetooth audio!
good luck getting the car. I only seen 1 2010 is350 on the forum so far. Maybe you can pm ask the person how much they got it for.

Quick Reply: Best price for leftover 09 IS250?