IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How long does the Key Fob battery last?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-19, 06:59 AM
maeveLexi
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Anewguy
..Also lately I notice peoples headlights are freaking bright as fk. Anyone know a good upgrade for our old car that wont burn a hole in my wallet. I neeeed to return the blinding feeling....
I just busted out laughing at this cuz thats exactly why I bought LED headlights and put them high enough to where if I put my brights on it would shine directly on lifted trucks' eyes. You can get the same headlights I got. Its the VLAND Headlights. Got them for ~$600 and its plug and play.
But yes, putting it next to your phone does mess the battery up but not too much where its noticeable. Its something with the radiation in your phone I forgot the exact explanation.
Old 03-13-19, 08:25 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Anewguy
Hey guys, I notice this is a little old thread but I thought I add my 2cents and stuff.. Well my fob key battery is probably dying on me again, Ive replaced it a few times already. I bought my vehicle 2006 new baby. Yeah 13yrs, crazy how long I actually kept this thing. Thy longestt I ever kepted a car. anyways this battery I bought from O reillys back in 10/2017 but its alerted me today it couldnt detect my keys and I had some issues trying to lock it and stuff. So its roughly 17months. I notice a lot of people going pass 2yrs, and some even 3yrs+?? wow. What am I doing wrong? I mean 17months is pretty good, it just a 5$ battery but still...A friend of mine said I should keep it away from my cell phone too cause it messes up the battery? is that even the slightest true? But I dont think I keep them together in my pants anyways. I use energizer if that means anything. Maybe I should use a different brand? or maybe buy a more recent battery, maybe my battery was just old but new. If you know what I mean... -_-. I dont even drive my baby that much. Only 62k miles on it and its a 2006......Also lately I notice peoples headlights are freaking bright as fk. Anyone know a good upgrade for our old car that wont burn a hole in my wallet. I neeeed to return the blinding feeling....
My remote's battery lasts over 3 years. Make sure the batteries you buy are fresh/new and haven't been in storage for a long time. Fresh batteries should be above 3.3v -- voltage would be about 3.3v when they're over 5 years old. My car is 2008, and it warns the battery is low to give me a chance to change the battery. It warns when the battery is 2.85v, and it will continue to work for a few months.

I noticed the bright headlights too and recently switched to LED -- mainly because of my original headlights are yellowing instead of for revenge. My new LED lights are little brighter than I need for city driving ... if you want to go for a more OEM look you can get the DEPO headlights, but a retrofit is a must on them.