Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the 306 hp, 3.5 liter V6.

oh, and that it's a lexus.
Old 09-10-09, 03:27 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
johnnyboy inspired me. first saw it on TSXCLUB.com and i had to have one.
LMAO!!! My inspiration aswell!!! I F'ing love that car when he had it matte black!!
Old 09-10-09, 03:30 PM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

the looks of the car did it for me when i first saw it years ago. it was like watching **** on the streets. oh, and its a lexus.
Old 09-10-09, 03:31 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It was between a bimmer and a lexus. Im young so it was either the 3 series or IS models. I chose the IS because i could afford to pay for it, and it looked damn sexy.The bimmer was way out of my price range haha. I joined this forum about 4 months before i even bought the car, i learned everything that needed to be learnt and bought the car 2 days before Christmas of 2007.
Old 09-10-09, 04:59 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

The IS300 never tickled my fancy, I thought it looked like sucha ***** car plus I always associated the IS300 as a hom0 car considering everyone I knew who owned was either metro as hell or honestly gay. But when I first saw the 06' ISx50's on the road I said to myself instantly, that was the next car for me. It looks NOTHING like the old IS and it's faaaar from hom0. so this is why. THe looks got me. THe engine and the interior and the quality all followed suit.
Old 09-10-09, 07:20 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

last minute dumb decision.. coulda waited and got a 350 LOL
Old 09-10-09, 10:50 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sexy look
Old 09-10-09, 11:20 PM
alpha318
Driver School Candidate

My mind was all over the map looking for a new daily driver to replace my Accord. It was between a TDI, 2IS (250 and 350), 335i, 335d, 328i, Insight, Prius, and MazdaSpeed3.

I then thought about what I was looking for in a new daily. It came down to something comfortable, something luxurious, and something that would save me money on gas.

I liked the MS3, and I liked that it was a wagon. It could haul stuff, it's quick, and its pretty fun to drive. But it wouldn't save me any money on gas.

I test drove the Insight, and I didn't like it. The 2010 Prius wasn't out yet. I had decided that even though hybrids would save money on gas, it just isn't for me right now. Maybe in a few years, when the cost of a hybrid isn't substantially more. I have a tendency to trade cars frequently, and I can't guarantee that I would keep a hybrid long enough to even out the cost.

The TDI drove nice, but it's not luxurious until you start adding a bunch of options. By the time its equipped nicely, it's at least $30k to $32k. And VW dealers aren't budging on price, and I don't like the idea of paying sticker price on a car.

So it came down to BMW or Lexus. The 335i is a nice car, but if I do keep the car past the warranty and maintenance program, I don't want to deal with BMW maintenance costs and repair costs. The 335i doesn't have the greatest track record either, with cooling issues and fuel pump issues. It's definitely a fun car to drive, but I would lease one and not buy it.

The 335d is really nice, saves money on gas; but is fairly pricey. And with my wanting to eventually buy a house, I didn't want to spend that much on a car at this point in my life.

I didn't like the 328i much. It just wasn't the same feeling I got from driving the 335i.

For the money, Lexus seemed to be a better value. So it seemed to be closing in on the 2IS. Better resale value, comfortable, handles decently well, and is luxurious. Standard leather is really nice, and a lot plusher than what BMW and Acura has to offer. The Lexus leather feels plusher than BMW Dakota leather to me.

So it came down to, 350 or 250. Then I thought about why I am buying the car, and I want something that would save me gas. The 350 wouldn't save me money on gas over my current car at the time, so I test drove the 250. I thought about what I would be using the car for; the drive to work with the occasional road trip. The 250 seemed to fit.
Old 09-10-09, 11:41 PM
joshuajj
Driver

I think the 2IS offers the total package. Its very fast, looks both luxury and sporty at the same time, and has every single luxury feature out there. I came from an 05 S2000 and the difference was night and day for me. The 2IS is alot faster in my opinion and I really like all of the amentities on the Lexus. The only things I miss about not having the S2K is the drop top and its sports car handling.
Old 09-10-09, 11:52 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

sexy looks..yes the 3.5 v6 306hp and the amazing interior did it for me as well...i looked into the competitors g35 coupe and sedan(bleh), coulda waited for g37 coupe(didnt wanna wait and no regreats since i dont like the interior and steering wheel, 335i(out of my budget, but i hated the boring interior)..it was a great excuse to get a 4dr coming from a two door celica gts with go cart handling...its a new way to mod since its a split between lux and sport
Old 09-11-09, 12:07 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Because my Lexus AD is 100 meters from my house and I pass by it every ******ing day. Just couldn't resist to buy one!

Also, it's because IS looks so good and I rarely see one on the road.
Old 09-11-09, 12:34 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted a Toyota because my family usually bought Toyotas. But Every Toyota looked way to generic. Then I looked at Lexus and the ISx50 was just way too sexy.

reliable, sexy, 4 doors, good daily cruiser.

As much as I like taking corners hard, I rather have a car that's more plush for daily driving in the city than a car that rides on rails.
Old 09-11-09, 01:52 AM
mild_se7en
Rookie

sat in a g35 and the interior felt cheap. wanted to buy another subaru but the legacy i wanted wasn't sold in my state. the bmw dealership is a bunch of snobs, i only have bad experiences there. thought about an a4 or used s4, performance is there but the newer models look kind of drab. thought i had i narrowed it down to buying a honda fit(practicality) and a yamaha R1(adrenaline fix).

went to the lexus dealership thinking that i would just check it out since i didn't think i would see anything i liked. salesman came out and greeted me, sat in an 2is with nav and really liked it. two days later tested a 250mt w/nav, ml, blk interior, perf leather seats, hid. drove it home that night. no regrets whatsoever.
Old 09-11-09, 02:52 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

i love the way it looks inside and out! and it always puts a on my face everytime i take her out.
Old 09-11-09, 03:31 AM
avincent
Driver School Candidate

Default Sportiness, Reliability and Fuel Economy

I commute 85 miles per day so I was looking for a vehicle that handles real well, has a little bit of power, looks great and gets good gas mileage. From a power perspective, I would have preferred the IS350, but for the amount of driving I do, I needed to consider fuel economy.

Quick Reply: What inspired you to buy an ISX50?