IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What inspired you to buy an ISX50?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 08:54 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Needed to upgrade a bit from gas consumption from my Z71 ext cab. told my car that replaces this has to have some luxury, lots of power ( not much need to mod to get power ), looks and appeal.

This fit the bill.
Old 03-04-10, 09:25 AM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

At the time of the decision, I was split btwn the Infiniti G37, Nissan 350Z, BMW 135i, and BMW 335i. In the end, I chose the IS350 b/c of the good bang for your buck and quality of the Lexus brand. Plus, I found a good deal on an SGM one w/ everything I wanted at a local dealership, so it was also kind of luck, haha...
Old 03-04-10, 09:35 AM
Sunspyre
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully my story is different...

I used to be a salesman for Mitsubishi and have driven every Mitsubishi car multiple times. SInce Mitsubishi sales were low, we sold more used cars than new and we had a vast VAST selection of very nice used cars which we bought from auctions.

We had a viper, tons of BMWs, Lexus, Audi, Acura, Jaguar, Volvo and almost every other decent car.

Out of all the cars I've driven, the IS300 was by far the most comfortable to drive.

I came from a heavily modded Lancer and I didn't want a "fast" car anymore, I just wanted to be able to cruise in a nice, comfortable car.

After looking at the G37c, the 370z and the IS, I chose the IS250 because it was the only IS to come in manual, had 4 doors (doors aren't too big to open in tight spots), had a lot of features and looked damn sexy to boot.
Old 03-04-10, 10:02 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was younger I really wanted a 1IS but my parents didn't want to get a used car so they got the 2IS. I love it and seeing everyone's different mods inspire me to want to do more to make mine unique yet not drive my parents crazy when they see it haha.
Old 03-04-10, 10:05 AM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Just liked the style of the IS300 when that came out then when the 2nd gen came out i liked that style even better. Rode Motocross & always had trucks & told myself if i ever stop riding i am getting an IS...Well that day came i started my research, then noticed the there were 2..IS250/IS350..Then i was like well i might want to beat it up & go to track days but have comfort..IS350 it is..Found a use IS350 & loved it ever since. Now i have modded it & taken it to 3 tracks days & plan on many more..Have hoosier r6's tires coming as we speak...puttin them on my stock rims...
Now since i want more well the plan is to get an IS-F next year.
Old 03-04-10, 11:48 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I came from the Ford family. First car was an 04' mustang, which I drove in High School until I got rear ended by the son of the GM of a Lexus dealer. They were very accommodating and gave my family a brand new RX350 to drive while my car was being repaired. My parents were so enamored by it, they ended up purchasing an 08' RX350 a few months later. My mom got the RX, my dad took the mustang, and I took his 03' Explorer. A few months later I decided I wanted to buy my own car (something smaller, better mileage, and essentially to say I "Owned" my car). I looked at a lot of used cars from G's to C-Class and a few small SUV's. One day I took the RX350 into the dealer for a maintenance service, and while I was waiting I was walking the lot, and the moment I saw the ISX50 I was in love. I went home did hella research, and a few weeks later I purchased my baby brand new!!
Old 03-04-10, 12:38 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove a IS250 a while ago, but later I drove the IS350, I was hooked.
Old 03-04-10, 02:22 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have plans to take over the world, and my car breaking down before I can reach the white house would be a major setback
Old 03-04-10, 02:43 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicer than the competitors for the interior, reliability, practical (4 doors)-but still sporty coupe looking, enough horsepower to make me happy, but not get a ticket each time I hit the gas pedal, ect.
Old 03-04-10, 04:24 PM
Brewdude
Driver School Candidate

Got tired of climbing into this every day

The BMW I test drove was less than impressive. I always liked the Lex, so I took one for a ride and bought mine a week later.
Old 03-04-10, 05:10 PM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

for me it was a toss up between the 330i at the time and the IS350, i did mad research on both cars, they had there pros and cons. it took me a few months to finally make my purchase. i remember almost every other night i would drive to the dealerships (both dealerships were in the same lot) after work just to see which car i wanted. a few weeks before making my purchase. there was a 2006 crystal white is350 sitting in the lot with almost every option available. i would start at looking at the 3 series then i would walk over to that car.. i was contemplating at the time because i really wanted the bimmer. i prolly looked at that is350 like a dozen time in two weeks but i couldn't make myself want to buy it. well the day came for me to go make a purchase... i wanted a 330i with every option available, they had to order the color combo i wanted... i was cool with that.. they said it would take a week or two, no problem. then came the time to talk prices... they are would not work with me to sell that car... at the time i believe those cars were about the same price the bimmer maybe a tad higher but not much. so i told them i guess we will have to go somewhere else... so we decided to walk next door and there she sat that same car i've been eyeing at for two weeks, forever it felt like... i got to test drive it and fell instantly in love. it felt like fate has put us together. and needless to say lexus worked with me got the numbers i wanted and down the road i went with my is350. "thank God for unanswered prayers" lol for the country music listeners
Old 03-04-10, 05:17 PM
GoGators
Rookie

My wife owned a Lexus RX330 since 2004. I replaced it with a GX470. Then, some a$$h0le ran a red light and totalled out my Honda SUV. I started looking at a car to replace it, and with all of the good experiences with my wife's Lexus, I test drove the IS. After being in my Chevy Cobalt rental for three weeks, I fell in love and really appreciated the quality of the ride. The car is great. Now, I'm kinda POed because I hit a pothole today and scratched my rim. Oh well, maybe I need to get new ones!
Old 03-04-10, 05:29 PM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

Looked through cardomain.com and saw lots of sweet looking 2IS, but the one that inspired me to own one was djkhanvict's. When I joined CL, man you guys have the sickest 2IS. Can't get bored browsing through CL everyday because there's always something new
Old 03-04-10, 05:40 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

ever since i got my license (07) ive been researching cars, wasnt until october of 2009 that i actually had enuff money to put a down payment on one...looked at a lot of the entry level luxury cars as well as sports cars (c300, 328i, a4, is250, rx8, civic si, 07-08 TL, etc) finally narrowed it down between a c300, is250, and a TL...test drove all 3, initially i was going to go with an 08 c300 sport awd fully loaded black on black, 18000 miles for sticker price 29,000 that i found at a lexus dealership...but 2 days after i test drove it, it got sold ...dint want to look into buying a new one b/c it was so expensive (40k plus)...so that narrowed my choices down to an 08 TL or an is250, was planning on getting a used one until my mom decided to help me make half the payments on a new one and there we made a decision, 2010 is250 awd prem pckg ( no navi and stuff cuz i didnt want to run my moms pockets), also had a friend that worked at the lexus dealership, got discount and stuff
Old 03-04-10, 06:20 PM
Duke02
Driver

I was looking at the G, the TL, the 330, and the IS. I felt like the IS entailed the least amount of compromising what was important to me, which was fun to drive, technology, looks, and luxury.

For whatever reason, the IS was the only car that surprised me with its acceleration. I remember being like "Wow, what was that" when i punched it. When I drove the 330, I told the salesman the bimmer wasn't as quick as the IS and of course he couldn't believe it because the 330 is of course supreme

Quick Reply: What inspired you to buy an ISX50?