IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Seeking DIY; Fog Light & DRL

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 02:45 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking DIY; Fog Light & DRL

I am looking for DIY with photos for Fog light and DRL, anyone have it by any chance? I am planning to change the bulbs. Thanks

(I am a noobie under the hood, need pictures for easier access)
Old 09-10-09, 05:17 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the DIY/FAQ thread stickied at the top of the 2IS forum, lots of good stuff in there.

In there, you'll find this thread which answers your question about the fog lights:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-bulb-diy.html

I then searched for 'DRL bulb' and found this post:
First off this is pretty easy. Its not as hard as everyone makes it seems, its just tedious it took me about an hour and half with a few breaks in between. Next time it would take maybe 30 mins tops. The pics are not in perfect order with the steps I kinda figured it out as I went but you get the idea easy.

1st pic with the regular stock HID lights on.

1: Remove all the locks on the trim covers on the left and right and front middle piece.. They just put up with a flat head screw driver..

2. On the left and right pieces there are screws down inside which i just used a flat head and unscrewed them

3.Unscrew the washer fluid containter with a 10mm ratchet wrench.

4. Next you remove the 2 bolts that hold on the airbox these are marked with green arrows, Also unlatch the 1 black connector and the black screw that are marked with red arrows that got cut off in the picture, you cant miss them they are on the air dam i believe its called , unbolt those and pull out the air damn from the air box. Where the blue arrow is unscrew that screw on the tubing and you should be able to lift the airbox up and hold it back, now you access the bulb housing with ease

5.Now this shows the bulb housing, there is a black cover on it with a yellow sticker, you move the silver bar covering it towards the front of the car and it will open up and look like this, then you twist the silver connector downwards to open it up and see the bulb. To get the bulb out you push in and pull around the 2 silver clips one at the top and one at the bottom ,they are marked with red arrows,then the bulb will be ready to pull out! pull it out put the new one in and reclamp clips twist back on silver housing and replace the black cover- For the drivers side its alittle more tricky since you have the washer fluid container but just hold it back and you will be fine. THATS IT 5 STEPS AND YOUR DONE!! Just rebolt all bolts and connectors IF YOU ARE INSTALLING CITY LIGHTS DO THOSE FIRST BEFORE RECONNECTING ALL BOLTS AND CONNECTORS AND MAKE SURE LIGHTS WORK!.

6.Next for the city lights on passanger side, its pretty much the same for the drivers side as well. Pop open the container(just like you did for the HID bulb) by moving the little silver metal arm towards the middle of the car to unlock the black cover.. The city light is in top corner and drl/high beam is in the middle(bigger bulb) I have my drl's turned off so I didnt change these. Twist the city light bulb and pull out, replace with the new LED bulb and insert back in and then replace cover and relatch the latch

7. Attach back all brackets. The Airbox, The tubing screws, The air-damn, The windshield washer container and then the trim paneling. AND YOUR DONE!!!

this is side by side!!

and the city lights side by side...

Hope this helps everyone I know there has been a lot of confusion on this and a write up always helps, Hopefully itll get a sticky! Sorry no final pics I got lazy and had to go out ill post pics of my car with system and tint and all that tommorow once i get it washed. YOUR WELCOME!
Hope this helps,

Javier
Old 09-10-09, 05:42 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Sweet, where's a cheap place to order decent bulbs I am gonna buy a set of Fog light bulbs.
Old 09-10-09, 05:52 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm not hating or anything.. but how do you have 560 posts on the forums but don't know where to order lights or install em?
Old 09-10-09, 05:58 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

told you, I am a noobie lol no mod on my car. I know a few places to order bulbs but they are probably more expensive than what others here are paying for. And for some reason most people like yellow fog light
Old 09-10-09, 06:12 PM
joeker
Racer

well.. if you're looking for an HID fog install.. you could get some from xenondepot.. or if you're looking for halogen capsules (nokya's) you could go to the vendor nigel.. or if you want LED's you can go to v-leds.com ..
Old 09-10-09, 06:38 PM
mo12hammad
Driver

ebay lights are good. and cheap price.
Old 09-10-09, 06:51 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

what's our current fog light? Halogen?
Old 09-10-09, 08:38 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jimjaix
what's our current fog light? Halogen?
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-09, 09:37 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

the diys are really easy.... especially for changing drls
Old 09-10-09, 10:18 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

I am thinking about doing both DRL and Fog Light, I think I will go super white on DRL and Blue for fog light, what do you guys think?
Old 09-11-09, 05:18 PM
dong888
Pole Position

If you still want your high beam, you can not get a near white output for DRL. It will still come out yellowish. A lot of people are dropping the high beam capability and go with LED DRL.
Old 09-12-09, 01:00 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dong888
If you still want your high beam, you can not get a near white output for DRL. It will still come out yellowish. A lot of people are dropping the high beam capability and go with LED DRL.
that would be me looks ooh so much better LED
Old 09-12-09, 02:45 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

I don't use high beam so I can drop that and go for White LED DRL?