IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

is the oem lip kit worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 01:56 PM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the oem lip kit worth it??

hey guys im having trouble deciding which lip kit to get -__- i was thinking about the ING lip kit but would the hks still fit in the back since theres a rear lip and the hks hi-power tip is pretty big =/ so i was thinking about the oem lip kit or the fabulous front lip
Old 09-16-09, 02:06 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the hks hi-power canisters and tips are pretty big. even the gfx kit won't cover much, though it does a better job of covering it up than NOT covering it up at all.
Old 09-16-09, 03:10 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

i just got my rear lip from sewell...gonna repaint in 212 and slap that baby on!
Old 09-16-09, 03:16 PM
kbkura
Driver

I just got the GFX front & rear about two weeks ago... honestly, they're REALLY nice. It's subtle, so some may not notice what the difference is, but I've definitely gotten a lot of comments on how cool my car looks.
Old 09-16-09, 05:09 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

i ordered a front lip, it should be coming in a day or two
the only reason why i didnt only the rear is because i have a backup sensor and i dunno if it'll interfere with my sensor, i have to experiment with it b4 i get the rear
in all sense i think the oem gfx is pretty nice and its cheap
Old 09-16-09, 05:20 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

the rear gfx lip won't interfere with the back-up sensors. they're located higher up on the rear bumper, and the gfx lip attaches to the lower section.
Old 09-16-09, 05:24 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
the rear gfx lip won't interfere with the back-up sensors. they're located higher up on the rear bumper, and the gfx lip attaches to the lower section.
mine was an aftermath backup sensor i place two higher and two lower, tats why i need to experiment it with some cardboard b4 buying the rear gfx
Old 09-16-09, 05:30 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THIS IS ALL MY OPINION - not gonna sit here and debate with anyone over this...

The GFX kit is the nicest kit for the IS, IMO. Classy, clean and when lowered makes the IS look super aggressive. Also if your dumped on coils like I am, no need to worry about ruining your front lip due to being so low, ala Vertex/Ings.

Runners up:
INGS - Looks good with Volks TE37's, but find it sometimes a bit too buldgy/bubbly looking, and the rear lip looks the most 'stick on' out of any rear lip for the IS.
Vertex - my 2nd favorate kit, but can't get over the 'simley face' front lip
Old 09-16-09, 08:38 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

I have the GFX kit and 99% of the time no one even knows I have a body kit. Only reason people can tell is if you park your IS next to a stock IS without the GFX kit and you can tell. Without it, people will think it is just stock.
Old 09-16-09, 10:41 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

if i wanted to scream look at me id get the vertex digna
if i wanted to keep it factory fresh id get the gfx kit and or the fab front lip.

dont get me wrong i love the vertex kits but im just passed that and wanted something more factory looking (calvin, dj kanvict, isuxl, ect are my favorites on here) but im 30 and have kids and clients and need to tone it donw a hair.

i also have the smaller hks carbon Ti mufflers not the huge hi powers so i dont have to work about covering huge cannons in the rear
Old 09-17-09, 12:24 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Phiber
I have the GFX kit and 99% of the time no one even knows I have a body kit.
My personal reason why I dig the Oem Gfx. Very clean with a factory upgrade look.
Old 09-17-09, 04:39 AM
leescape
Driver

I debated installing a GFX front lip for a while, but after having it on my car for a few months now, I can honestly say that I love it. The car does look sportier and more aggressive compared to stock, and people definitely notice it even if they may not be familiar with the car itself. When I pulled up to the valet at a wedding two weekends ago, the guy asked me if the car was an IS-F. Granted the car looks nothing like an F, but I have a feeling the lip spoiler had something to do with him asking. I just took it as a compliment and moved on. Then I worried for the rest of the night what he might do with my car. Anyway, definitely go with GFX. You won't regret it.
Old 09-17-09, 08:09 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Phiber
I have the GFX kit and 99% of the time no one even knows I have a body kit. Only reason people can tell is if you park your IS next to a stock IS without the GFX kit and you can tell. Without it, people will think it is just stock.
Thats the point bro, this is a good thing! The kit flows so nicely with the car it doens't buldge out like 'hey look at my stick on body kit'.

90% of the body kits I see here don't 'flow' with the IS. They look like 'stick on' unglyness. INGS - very nice except for the rear. Vertex - very nice except for the smiley face front lip. GFX very nice with nothing bad to say about it.

Last edited by mdgrwl; 09-17-09 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-17-09, 09:04 AM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

hey guys im kinda lost O.o whats the GFX lip kit? OEM?
Old 09-17-09, 09:05 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

yes.......

Quick Reply: is the oem lip kit worth it??