IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fabolous or Wald kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-09, 08:28 PM
Navigatn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Thanks guys for all the comments. Yes I was leaning towards wald and I am still leaning towards that brand but the fabolous front lip kind of resembled wald for some reason. Anyone else agree? Also I know this is out of topic but I think I might take the car to track and was wondering what are some options that I might need to keep up with a s2000 and a 2008 sti? I was thinking about sway bars and under chasis but people are saying that the under chasis brace won't help with handling as much.. Is this true? what other options do I need to add on my car to keep up with these "train on track cars". I was thinking about going coil overs or f sport springs with blistein shocks with sway bars. Are these enough? Thanks guys!!
i don't see much resemblance btween the wald and fab front lip. the wald is a bit more flashy with more cuts and lines whereas the fab is like the other guy said "subtle". if you do not want to lower your car, u might be able to get away with the fab.

to be honest i don't know if even an awd IS can keep up with subies. forget about the 08 sti, they come out of the factories cornering on rails. the IS is just too heavy to stay planted in the corners. on top of suspension mods, think about upgrading brakes. sti have factory brembos so not only will they out brake you into the turns, they will out corner you coming out of it. you would have to be some kind of godly driver to out track a decent impreza with a decent driver on a road course. afterall, wrx = world rally cross. dont worry about keep up with cars, just go out there and have fun
Old 09-23-09, 08:41 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

wald hands down
Old 09-23-09, 09:42 PM
icyfreakas
Rookie

Wald for me definately.
Old 09-23-09, 09:49 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well to me both kit is aggressive in their own way. But depends on your own taste, im also a big Fan of the Fabulous, cant wrong with either one...... you guys are crazy, thanks for the compliments again guys, much appreciation
Old 09-23-09, 10:12 PM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

WWAAAAAALLLLDDDD!!!! lol
Old 09-24-09, 12:09 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Navigatn
i don't see much resemblance btween the wald and fab front lip. the wald is a bit more flashy with more cuts and lines whereas the fab is like the other guy said "subtle". if you do not want to lower your car, u might be able to get away with the fab.

to be honest i don't know if even an awd IS can keep up with subies. forget about the 08 sti, they come out of the factories cornering on rails. the IS is just too heavy to stay planted in the corners. on top of suspension mods, think about upgrading brakes. sti have factory brembos so not only will they out brake you into the turns, they will out corner you coming out of it. you would have to be some kind of godly driver to out track a decent impreza with a decent driver on a road course. afterall, wrx = world rally cross. dont worry about keep up with cars, just go out there and have fun
(bolded for emphasis)

correction. he's got an is350.
Old 09-24-09, 12:57 AM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

the fab kit is ugly imo.

vertex is clean. ing+1 is sexy. wald is ballin
Old 09-24-09, 04:54 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
if you're planning to keep up w/ a s2k and/or an sti around a race track (not drag, but circuit and/or parking lot pylon), you'll need more than just off-the-shelf coilovers and swaybars. lighter rims, stickier tires, upgraded brakes (pads/discs, or even bbk's), disabling traction control, weight reduction, learning how to REALLY drive, and/or a combination of or all of the above goes a long way. in stock form, s2k's and sti's are very fast around the track. the 2is needs a lot more to make it capable on the track. an equally modded s2k/sti will walk away from the is350. they're simply more capable on the track than the is350.

on a drag strip, not so much. accelerating in a line really fast requires a good reaction time and letting the rear tires hook up.

but i'll let the 2is drag/track gurus chime in on that.

going back on topic, i like the fabulous lip a lot more than the wald front lip. just a personal preference.
Your suggestions are great, but don't you think it would be better for him to familiarize him self with his car in stock form first. I say this because when it comes to auto cross/road racing throwing a bunch of modifications at once to a car is not the best thing to do as it can unbalance the car. The way that I did it on my Integra was one mod at a time and after he has done all that and taken his stock tires to the limit that is when I would consider upgrading to some stickier compound tires, but like I said that's just my person opinion and experience.
Old 09-24-09, 05:53 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

I like WALD alot, but FAB flows much better IMO, can go with any rear lip/side skirts where WALD will look a little weird without matching sideskirts/vertex sideskirts?
Old 09-24-09, 06:32 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
Your suggestions are great, but don't you think it would be better for him to familiarize him self with his car in stock form first. I say this because when it comes to auto cross/road racing throwing a bunch of modifications at once to a car is not the best thing to do as it can unbalance the car. The way that I did it on my Integra was one mod at a time and after he has done all that and taken his stock tires to the limit that is when I would consider upgrading to some stickier compound tires, but like I said that's just my person opinion and experience.
i completely agree. /OT