Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

The Great Debate: Five Axis S5:F or Linea Corse DYNA

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 11:40 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Funny you mention that article, but i'm pretty sure the race team involved in the unfortunate accident was 100% sponsored by the wheel company... either HRE or Kenesis. Also not to defend the "Your Name Here" Forged Wheel companies, but most people buying these rims or any rims for that matter are not subjecting their wheels to hours of high heat and heavy force in racing conditions. A large portion just have them on their weekend warrior or daily driver.
funny how you mention that the race team involved in the unfortunate accident was100% sponsored..so what? the driver surely DID NOT PAY for his rims, but I'm pretty sure he was very dependent on those rims because everyone knows about the QUALITY of HREs, right? but in the end, what happened? they failed
maybe R&D should had done much thorough research before they decided to sponsor this race team..heck,,they SURELY knew what they were getting themselves into, right? it's not like the race team decided to track the car out of nowhere.
anyways, I'm not hating on HRE..I love their product and their design, and I know their quality for daily driving is just TOP NOTCH..
I was just trying to say that "you get what you pay for" does not apply to everything at all times..that's all

I think we are getting little off topic here
and we know we don't need to lay down everything we know about the rim companies,,OP just wants little help to choose a rim between 5 axis and Linea Corse
I believe this is one of those things that we can just discuss when we have gatherings..LOL..and Ryan,,u know where to reach me

Ken
Old 09-30-09, 11:48 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

There are good reputable companies that spend millions on developing the latest the time and money to R&D wheels to fit their spec and standards. Sadly there are companies out there that are in the business out there that just take a particular design, tweak it a little to avoid copyright infringement and sell it for a fraction of the cost.

Sure "you get what you pay for" wont apply to every single thing we buy, but it's a fact consumers have more confidence in buying wheels from a reputable company with a very strong reputation versus something that is produced by an unheard of company and makes wheels that have the look but costs a lot less.

Judging by this poll, being a 60/40 split, it's obvious most people here favor a unique design vs. the replica.
I guess because I had an honorary engineer title at my last job, I'm big on data, and still no one has shown that either of these manufacturer's are statistically better than the other when it comes to quality, customer service, etc. Lots of opinions and implying certain vendors are inferior because they weren't supposedly "first" or because they spend more on "R&D"...but no data or stories about the actual product that hit the market.

I don't want to offend Five Axis because I like some of their wheels, but there is no way that this wheel is a unique design; If they are spending millions of dollars developing the wheel in this thread, then they are throwing money down the tubes and passing the cost onto the consumer because I literally saw almost this exact same design 12 years ago on my brother's mustang. It seems wheels are only "replicas" if they are only similar to a current popular design. I find that odd.

As for why I simply picked the LCD, well I picked it because I liked the look (on the SGM), but if someone had some actual stories or data about this company that cast a negative light on them, I probably would have chosen the Five Axis. I have nothing against the Five Axis wheel, I just liked the look of the LCD better.
Old 10-01-09, 12:14 AM
rob stolen
Driver

Linea Corse Dynas all the way. 5 stars are corny.
Old 10-01-09, 02:03 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ExclusivIS's car is fap material.
Old 10-01-09, 02:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

is price difference a consideration factor?
Old 10-01-09, 08:05 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
funny how you mention that the race team involved in the unfortunate accident was100% sponsored..so what? the driver surely DID NOT PAY for his rims, but I'm pretty sure he was very dependent on those rims because everyone knows about the QUALITY of HREs, right? but in the end, what happened? they failed
maybe R&D should had done much thorough research before they decided to sponsor this race team..heck,,they SURELY knew what they were getting themselves into, right? it's not like the race team decided to track the car out of nowhere.
anyways, I'm not hating on HRE..I love their product and their design, and I know their quality for daily driving is just TOP NOTCH..
I was just trying to say that "you get what you pay for" does not apply to everything at all times..that's all

I think we are getting little off topic here
and we know we don't need to lay down everything we know about the rim companies,,OP just wants little help to choose a rim between 5 axis and Linea Corse
I believe this is one of those things that we can just discuss when we have gatherings..LOL..and Ryan,,u know where to reach me

Ken
You're right, who cares if they were 100% sponsored or not. But in the scenario of a race team, they will take on any sponsors that support their team...doesn't matter it's HRE, Work, Volk, BBS or any company. If a company is willing to provide some sort of commitment in exchange of putting their logo or products on the car, the team will take it.

There are many points here that are valid and pertinent to this thread so they are not necessarily off topic.

All I can say is to each his own. Take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That wheel failure story has been floating around for many years now. Banned or not, consumers will buy brands they value and they are confident in.

To the OP, your poll is a good indicator of what people prefer between the two. If you ask me, I've already voted on your first choice.
Old 10-01-09, 08:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rebs
I guess because I had an honorary engineer title at my last job, I'm big on data, and still no one has shown that either of these manufacturer's are statistically better than the other when it comes to quality, customer service, etc. Lots of opinions and implying certain vendors are inferior because they weren't supposedly "first" or because they spend more on "R&D"...but no data or stories about the actual product that hit the market.

I don't want to offend Five Axis because I like some of their wheels, but there is no way that this wheel is a unique design; If they are spending millions of dollars developing the wheel in this thread, then they are throwing money down the tubes and passing the cost onto the consumer because I literally saw almost this exact same design 12 years ago on my brother's mustang. It seems wheels are only "replicas" if they are only similar to a current popular design. I find that odd.

As for why I simply picked the LCD, well I picked it because I liked the look (on the SGM), but if someone had some actual stories or data about this company that cast a negative light on them, I probably would have chosen the Five Axis. I have nothing against the Five Axis wheel, I just liked the look of the LCD better.
I highly doubt there is any statistical data on these companies and the frequency of wheel failure or customer service. It doesn't take an engineering degree to decide what products are superior or inferior. Lets face it, most consumers are not going pull out their z table to help them decide what wheel is best for them. It's all about cost and what fits their budget.
Old 10-01-09, 09:02 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

All I can say is to each his own. Take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt. That wheel failure story has been floating around for many years now. Banned or not, consumers will buy brands they value and they are confident in.
you took the word out of my mouth Ryan
again, I'm not hating on HRE or any other high name brand
heck..I have Work wheels and I love them
I've been through so many potholes and my rims are still on my car with no bent/damages

I have friends who have Five Axis and Linea Corse on their cars..and from what I know..both of them are GREAT in design and quality
Old 10-01-09, 09:09 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cinco axis
Old 10-01-09, 10:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
you took the word out of my mouth Ryan
again, I'm not hating on HRE or any other high name brand
heck..I have Work wheels and I love them
I've been through so many potholes and my rims are still on my car with no bent/damages

I have friends who have Five Axis and Linea Corse on their cars..and from what I know..both of them are GREAT in design and quality
I'm sure if the OP had a choice between the LC's and the Work T1-S, he'd go with the latter.

All of us can vouch for the quality of Work. The 20" VS-XX on my previous GS were rock solid. They've been on numerous trips to NorCal and SoCal, with the worst pavement on I-5 to and from. They stood up to the abuse and for good reason.

Pics from "The Pusuit" 09/27/09 - After Drop

Toyotafest 2009 - Before Drop

Last edited by LexFather; 10-01-09 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 11:38 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Im at work right now and I really wanted to wait till I got home but...

I just can't belive how much of a contest this became --

First and foremost id like to think of some of the guys on here taking MANY things out of context. "us" and "we" dont apply here. The folks who buy the "real" items just like how sturdy the product is. Ive been in many bouts and many MANY posts deleted. To re-cap ive seen hand actually have both in garage right this very minute (whole Shine Vs. Junction Produce) and let me tell you in the end it just doesnt add up. So to the folks who want to say that we're smug and that whole BS, its BS!

THE THING THAT WE WANT FOR US TO MAKE YOU REALIZE IS....

BUY WHATEVER YOU WANT! JUST DON'T SAY ITS REAL! ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

Don't buy these LC's and but a BBS center cap on em, Don't buy a SHINE kit and rock it as an ORIGINAL JUNCTION PRODUCE KIT! Its disgusting how most of these new guys comming in think that the older generation who have saved up to buy these ORINGINAL products hate on YOU, we dont! Hell I had knock-offs on my car when I first bought it, but our cars evolve and i later realized that the fake **** on my car wasn't good enough! Wheels, Kits, engine components all of it! one day you'll realize it! What happens when one day you decide to buy a turbo kit but you think taking the easy way out (buying rip-offs) will be easier and going down the street your wastegate fails when your boosting?

All im saying to everyone members and vendors---- PLEASE DONT TAKE OUR WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT... its VERY simple...

DONT ROCK KNOCK-OFFS AND SAY THEY'RE REAL! WE DONT HATE!

and we have our own list as well such as your "style, styled list"

Rip-offs
Knock-offs
FAKES
Phony!
Boot-leg!
pseudo
Froduent
Mimic

- David

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT-

to the op, 5axis all the way!

Last edited by Ay-nako; 10-01-09 at 11:48 AM. Reason: 5axis
Old 10-01-09, 11:40 AM
WheelDude.com
Former Sponsor

I myself would rather have the authentic article rather than something that was made with questionable fit, finish, quality and origin. It's just like tires, you won't catch me putting inferior brand tires like Nankang, Federal, Nexen, Vredestein and etc. on my car. You get what you pay for...and it does shine once something happens and the product fails or is subjected to the abuse of daily driving.

5 Axis would be my choice on this one.
Good thing Linea Corse wheels don't have any issues with fit, finish, quality and origin then

The wheels come with a 2 year warranty on the finish, which means if you ever do have an issue (which you most likely will not), it will be covered under the manufacture warranty.

We do extensive research before producing the products and the stuff we produce is generally specific to a certain car, and if you buy it for that car, it will fit well and you'll be happy with the product.

Linea Corse wheels have never failed due to the abuse of daily driving, and even on track driving, the wheels have held up great for everyone who has owned them, and I'm sure everyone here can testify to that as well

Zoeb
Old 10-01-09, 12:16 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

+1 for five axis.

imo, feel free to rock the knock-offs, but don't advertise it as the real thing.
Old 10-01-09, 12:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com

We do extensive research before producing the products and the stuff we produce is generally specific to a certain car, and if you buy it for that car, it will fit well and you'll be happy with the product.
That's great to hear you stand behind your products. It's a great way to inspire consumers confindence.

If this is the company's definition of extensive research...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-fitment.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-their-is.html

more power to you guys.
Old 10-01-09, 12:54 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
+1 for five axis.

imo, feel free to rock the knock-offs, but don't advertise it as the real thing.

Quick Reply: The Great Debate: Five Axis S5:F or Linea Corse DYNA