IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Merged floor mat recall threads - please see link to main post

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-09, 09:08 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neutral people...... that is what its for or throw it in park i could give two ****s about my transmission compared to my life. DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
Old 11-07-09, 09:11 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this reminds me of why mc Donalds has the caution hot warning on coffee...
Old 11-07-09, 09:11 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
Neutral people...... that is what its for or throw it in park i could give two ****s about my transmission compared to my life. DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
lol especially when its a loaner.!!!
Old 11-07-09, 09:14 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 11-07-09, 09:48 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

^^^ haha i love it
Old 11-07-09, 10:21 AM
ronricorum
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha x2 ^
Old 11-07-09, 10:26 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

man i know this sounds selfish but i would slam my car into the back of another one if this were happening
Old 11-07-09, 10:50 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

So does this mean we can take our car in and get a new driver side floormat??
Old 11-07-09, 11:41 AM
phongh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AZ JB
So does this mean we can take our car in and get a new driver side floormat??
No, They don't have the replacement floormat yet. If you decide to take it in, all they going to do is take your floormat away.
Old 11-07-09, 12:54 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Old news and have been discussed to death. Time to close this thread.
Old 11-07-09, 01:14 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Someone briefly summarize the options if the accelerator does indeed get stuck.

Option 1: Put car into neutral.
Old 11-07-09, 01:19 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by phis250
No, They don't have the replacement floormat yet. If you decide to take it in, all they going to do is take your floormat away.
Boo, ok thanks. I want the F-Sport floormats anyways lol
Old 11-07-09, 01:20 PM
kdii02
Pole Position

And to add- If this was a problem with the electronic "Drive by Wire" system or Throttle control, I would think a hech of alot more people would be reporting an issue. Especially up here. My dealer wire tied my drivers floor mat in. It looks rediculous. I have never had any floor mats move on me as long as they were clipped in with the floor clips. I'ts ashame that people lost their lives over this..
Old 11-07-09, 02:11 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Again, this is the actual new news not a repost and repost and more repost of the cover up flaw. So I don't appreciate the comment llamaboiz. I really don't understand why we keep discussing about the mats when that's not the real issue we need to be concern about. The facts and reality is out.

Latest news in LA Times:

By Ken Bensinger and Ralph Vartabedian

November 7, 2009
E-mail Print Share Text Size

Two Los Angeles County residents have sued Toyota Motor Corp., alleging that the majority of Toyota and Lexus vehicles made since 2001 contain defective components that can cause unintended acceleration.
The lawsuit, filed Thursday in Riverside County Superior Court, is the latest in a growing string of suits against the automaker over concerns of runaway acceleration.

The plaintiffs, Seong Bae Choi and Chris Chan Park, seek statewide and national class-action status, arguing that "hundreds of thousands" of individuals could be affected by sudden acceleration caused by defective electronic throttle systems.
"There is a problem here, obviously," said David Wright, the Redlands-based attorney for the plaintiffs. "We're asking Toyota to get it taken care of now."

Toyota spokesman John Hanson declined to comment on the suit, saying it was company policy not to comment on litigation.

The automaker is recalling 3.8 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles following an August crash of a Lexus sedan that accelerated out of control outside of San Diego. An off-duty California Highway Patrolman and three members of his family were killed.

The Japanese automaker has said that it believes improperly installed floor mats caused that accident and others like it by entrapping the accelerator pedal. It has asked drivers to remove their driver-side floor mats until a fix can be determined.

Toyota has repeatedly denied the possibility that any other systems could cause such a problem and reiterated that position in a blog item posted on its website Friday.

Nonetheless, the accident and subsequent recall have drawn national attention and, this week, prompted federal highway safety regulators to issue a statement indicating that the seven recalled Toyota models do indeed have an "underlying defect."

At least five other lawsuits filed against Toyota in the last few years have alleged a defect causing unintended acceleration. One, involving a runaway 2007 Toyota Camry that crashed and killed a man near San Jose, was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

The latest suit alleges that the two men experienced repeated incidents of unintended acceleration in their vehicles, a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser and a 2004 Toyota Camry. No allegations of crashes or injury were made. Neither vehicle is included in the current recall.

According to Wright, their lawyer, Toyota began installing fully electronic throttle systems in its cars in 2001. He said the vast majority of its vehicles use them today. He said that a software fix that automatically puts the engine into idle while braking could potentially resolve the issue.

Some automakers, such as BMW, use the software safety feature.

Wright said that the class-action status, if approved, would exclude cases in which individuals were injured or killed by alleged unintended acceleration because those cases are typically handled on an individual basis.

Last week, Toyota began sending recall letters to owners of 2007 to 2010 Camrys, 2004 to 2009 Priuses, 2005 to 2010 Avalons, 2005 to 2010 Tacomas, 2007 to 2010 Tundras, 2007 to 2010 Lexus ES 350s, and 2006 to 2010 Lexus IS 250s and IS 350s.
Old 11-07-09, 02:20 PM
kdii02
Pole Position

So did anyone get the recall letter yet? What's the fix? Throttle control system replacement? Fantastic....Uh can I have my 05 4Runner back?

Quick Reply: Merged floor mat recall threads - please see link to main post