IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Where to buy JDM window visors and roof spoiler???????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 05:07 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy JDM window visors and roof spoiler???????????

so i'm thinking of installing JDM window visors and roof spoiler but i have a few questions

Is ebay fine for getting these parts?
Is the spoiler an easy DIY?

and the roof spoiler has to be color matched to the body color so how exactly does that work?
Old 10-08-09, 05:09 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check our local vendors on here. Look for Nigel, he carrys all JDM parts, but you have to order in advance cause they sell so damn quick lolz
Old 10-08-09, 05:15 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Also check the classified section
Old 10-08-09, 05:16 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can purchase the JDM visor through nigel-jdmparts.com.. if you intend on buying a roof spoiler off of ebay, just give them your car's paint code..
Old 10-08-09, 05:33 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Hit up nigel for the visors best price.....
Old 10-08-09, 05:50 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

and to install the roof spoiler
you use 3M tape
careful though
it might get stolen
Old 10-08-09, 06:42 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

ok thanks everyone, where do i find the paint code, or could someone just give me the paint code for black lol
Old 10-08-09, 06:47 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got my roof spoiler off ebay. Perfect fitment and paint quality was great. Seller was CarkingXXX (cant remember the last part). Just search lexus IS roof spoiler on ebay.
Old 10-08-09, 08:59 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Here is the link for the thread for the JDM visors from one of our vendors, Nigel.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...isor-sale.html

Great guy to deal with.

For the roof spoiler, you can either get one on ebay with letting them know your paint code. Paint code can be found on the lexus web site. Furthermore, you should check the classifieds section, there were a few roof spoilers for sale a few days ago. They usually pop up every other week, just keep on checking.

Roof spoilers are very easy to install. Usually takes 10 minutes to install. Make sure to use 3M tape (that holds up 5lbs.) Make sure to wipe down the spoiler and rear window before installing the double sided tape. Also make sure to let the spoiler and tape sit out, dry, and "harden" a little in the sun before any car washes etc. Be advised that it could come a little loose after awhile due to the fact that it is only held on by double sided tape. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Old 10-10-09, 12:34 AM
gbs350F
Rookie

wow thanks a lot
Old 10-10-09, 05:11 PM
ltran
Rookie

nigel probably has the best prices. he ships fast too!
Old 04-15-10, 05:48 PM
cartistik
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Red face IS300 JDM visors

can anyone tell me what the difference between the genuine JDM window visors and the replicas and bootlegs you find on ebay? How can you tell. I remember on my Honda, the replicas and fakes all stuck on with double sided 3M tape while the genuine JDM ones has screws and clips that attached directly to the window frame....as well as having the name of the car embossed. I'm thinking of buying a set from Nigel but if its the same stick on as u get from ebay, why the need to fork out the extra $100? is there really a quality difference or is it just a status "just to say I got OG JDM parts" thing? please fill me in. Thanks!
Old 04-15-10, 06:22 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cartistik
can anyone tell me what the difference between the genuine JDM window visors and the replicas and bootlegs you find on ebay? How can you tell. I remember on my Honda, the replicas and fakes all stuck on with double sided 3M tape while the genuine JDM ones has screws and clips that attached directly to the window frame....as well as having the name of the car embossed. I'm thinking of buying a set from Nigel but if its the same stick on as u get from ebay, why the need to fork out the extra $100? is there really a quality difference or is it just a status "just to say I got OG JDM parts" thing? please fill me in. Thanks!
Ebay ones are like $15-$50. From what I remember hearing is some people who bought the ebay ones just threw them away and bought the JDM ones. Save $ and get the JDM or the AVS ones other say is the only close alternative.
Old 02-25-13, 11:27 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Nigel jdm visors is350 2013 to florida
Old 02-25-13, 11:34 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cartistik
There is no comparison between the JDM visors vs the rest.

The JDM visors are not bulky and flow perfectly with the car. If I were you, I would save up and get the JDM ones. Keep an eye out on the classifieds! Normally the best deal is to buy them used if you can find a set

Quick Reply: Where to buy JDM window visors and roof spoiler???????????