IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Blacked out headlight housings and dark blue daylights PICS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-09, 12:22 AM
x2eXu50x
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
really!??? mine turns right on when i turn my car on? how weird. or maybe if i set the lights one click up which turns on the city lights and in park when turning my car on then it doesn't come on? i'll have to check on that. cool.

I've done 5 IS headlights already on my car lol it's boring now. sporty but im beginning to go back to chrome cause its ballin.

btw the fogs are soo much easier and there's a diff if you do them. noticeable too
+1 on doing your fogs.. it flows well with what you got going on

heres a pic to just see how the fogs stand out.. or not.

fogs on
Wow that is noticable looks awesome! Im going to do it! Thanks =]
Old 10-28-09, 12:25 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

The housings go well with the blacked out grille. I'm not a fan of the blue city lights though. It may attract unwanted attention to say the least.
Old 10-28-09, 02:21 AM
x2eXu50x
Rookie

hehe ive noticed something funny about forums--people tend to have the same opinion as the majority of the rest of the crowd. If the first couple posts said something like "love the blue bulbs" i imagine the rest would agree. But since the first few posts said they didnt dig the bulbs then the rest say the same. Basically it seems as if people seem hesitant to disagree with other peoples opinions.

Why do i say this? Because i posted the same pics on my.is and the opinions on the blue bulbs are the complete opposite. "damn those blue lights are hott where did you get them?" is what everyones saying lol, thought id just throw my theory out there.

Now which one is the actual truth we will never know.. =P

Last edited by x2eXu50x; 10-28-09 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-28-09, 06:47 AM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

not my cup of tea
Old 10-28-09, 07:18 AM
thechosun
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got any pictures of the headlight housing off the car? Do your turn signals still light up well after you sprayed over them?

im liking the blacked out look more than the tinted look for sure!

Some more pics of your process would be awesome
Old 10-28-09, 07:25 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if you turn your parking lights with your DRLs on, you'll be able to see em a bit but it won't stand out so much, btw,

DRLs come on after you remove the e-brake and put the car into gear.

also if have your low beams on your parking lights are on, and looking at it from front maybe your low beams would balance out the blue a little bit.

i would love to rock blue parking lights like that, but i'd get pulled over for sure. so i'm sticking with HID white, but i like how it looks, i've got blue interior lights and everything though haha, i replaced my footwell lights with blue LED strips too, and i added some blue footwell lighting for the rear.

Last edited by xuningshen; 10-28-09 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-28-09, 11:51 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Looks good... blue seems cool, but the cops certainly aren't gonna like it. I would be very concerned about getting your ***** busted for that, but good luck!
Old 10-28-09, 12:40 PM
x2eXu50x
Rookie

Originally Posted by thechosun
Got any pictures of the headlight housing off the car? Do your turn signals still light up well after you sprayed over them?

im liking the blacked out look more than the tinted look for sure!

Some more pics of your process would be awesome
No i didnt take any pics as i was doing it. The signals did not get sprayed, the chrome piece that got sprayed gets removed and the signal pop out along with the amber corner reflector (Although i sprayed the amber reflector).
Old 10-28-09, 12:51 PM
x2eXu50x
Rookie

Originally Posted by isthrizzy
Looks good... blue seems cool, but the cops certainly aren't gonna like it. I would be very concerned about getting your ***** busted for that, but good luck!
Damn im starting to second thought these bulbs because i live in california and the city i live in has HANDS DOWN the MOST picky bored ****ing cops ever, more than any place else in world probably. I can turn the blue parking lights off during the day and only my DRL's stay on but when i turn my lights on the parking lights come on aswell so when its dark the parking lights show (although its not THAT noticable since the bulbs themselves arn't that strong along with my headlights being on they dont stand out that much). Do you guys still think id get hasseled for it? Heres a pic with the lights on.

Blacked out headlight housings and dark blue daylights PICS!!!!-dsc00454.jpg
Old 10-28-09, 01:36 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ most definitely, you'll get the "impersonating a police officer" bull**** speech. change them ASAP.

I got pulled over by a sheriff rockin 8k low beams, I go to court and they say its a misdemeanor and a $2k fine. but i got away with signing a paper and paying $75 bucks, whew!

not worth it homie! but cool looking.
Old 10-28-09, 03:16 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

^^ I agree with the guy above. You absolutely will get your ***** busted, and that crap always happens at the worst possible time.. such as after a dinner with 2 beers..... it's not a matter of IF you will get pulled over, it's WHEN. esp. in SoCal
Old 10-28-09, 03:49 PM
x2eXu50x
Rookie

>.< Damnittt! I love my blue bulbs =[ i guess ill remove them and replace them with crystal blue ones. Would those be okay? Im assuming mine are just too dark but lighter ones would be okay i hope?
Old 10-28-09, 05:32 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i have always wanted to do that but i am afraid of the cops ! and man you got ballz!
Old 10-28-09, 06:37 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did that to a previous car and got my *** chewed out. A cop pulled me over and told me that was illegal and only police cars can have blue lights...
Old 10-28-09, 06:57 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x2eXu50x
>.< Damnittt! I love my blue bulbs =[ i guess ill remove them and replace them with crystal blue ones. Would those be okay? Im assuming mine are just too dark but lighter ones would be okay i hope?
Its all up to the officer that pulls you over. One cop can say its fine, but another can turn around and say HAHA heres a ticket. best bet would be to stick with 6k or lower colors.

better yet just call your local PD. they'll tell you. being safe is better than being sorry.

Quick Reply: Blacked out headlight housings and dark blue daylights PICS!!!!